CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Doesn't the Magnum already do that?

Every rifle can do that, we have 5 weapons capable of cross mapping. Such a cluttered sandbox. 

Fucking grammar Nazi talking about how i didn't use the right their... It's a forum where i type and don't give a fuck. Do you want an essay with MLA format??

Who the fuck is Big show?? H3 and H2 were competitive enough to see a HUGE skill gap... Not as big as CE only because of spawns.

When you watched H2 MLG or H3 MLG you could tell who had a better shot...

You are the kids with the Nostalgia goggles 

Are we really going to drag up this tired argument? I would call it a debate, but debate implies that something has not yet been decided.

I don't care what kind of skin a weapon has, I care about what it does and how it impacts the gameplay.

Also, on a text-based forum I would personally put a little effort (is it really effort to understand proper grammar though?) into making sure my prose (you know, the entire basis of what I'm presenting) is above a 5th grade level.

• Upvote (+1) 1

When it's ridiculously easy like every BR ever made, then yes.

Every weapon in halo 5 is pretty easy to use to be honest, don't really agree with the logic. The br is easy to use so lets replace it with an even easier weapon (ar). 

Every rifle can do that, we have 5 weapons capable of cross mapping. Such a cluttered sandbox. 

That's an issue with the game itself, but why specifically have a BR over the Magnum?

Yep, I'm going crazy.

I'd even care anymore, I use a Mouse and Keyboard I can kill people in the lowest theoretical time limit because my personal skill gap is higher. I'll just use what ever utility weapon kills faster. 

• Downvote (-1) 2

Okay time to give some of my thoughts on this discussion now that I'm finished with my summer class.

Pistol

This is probably the most controversial topic here and I can honestly see both sides of the argument. Personally, I don't care whether it's Pistol starts or BR starts so this is my unbiased opinion here. Yes, the pistol was more skillful than the BR in the beta but since beta the auto aim/magnetism/RRR/SOMETHING changed to make it easier. That's what I'm assuming 343 considers a buff even though they decreased the ROF. So since I have not used the new pistol, I don't know whether it is more skillful than the BR. I'm assuming it is but no matter which gun we use, the gunplay will have the highest skill gap we've had in a while. I do, however, think it would benefit the game as a whole if it got a true buff to a 4sk as most supporters of Pistol starts would agree with.

BR

Ignoring the glitches in Halo 2, this iteration of the BR is easily the best in the series. The spread is minimal unlike Halo 3 and unlike Halo 2, the gun doesn’t aim for you. I had an absolute blast using this weapon in the beta and hearing “purrrrrrrfect” after a crispy 4 was extremely satisfying. It just seems like it will be more satisfying to use than the pistol to me but that’s not a big deal as long as the game plays well. Because of this, I can understand why people would be upset if they don’t get BR starts, especially since they seem to be extremely limited on maps now. 2 BR’s and 1 DMR on Empire now compared to the 4? BRs and 3 DMRs in the beta? 1 BR and 2 DMRs on Fathom? I really do disagree with that change. There were plenty on the map during the beta and it was nice to have them at your disposal during the Pistol/AR week. The Pistol is more viable now so I guess we’ll see how that plays out.

AR

Most people that are against Pistol starts seem to be against it because the AR is coupled with it. As multiple users have been saying, it is not the same AR as it was in the beta. It has been nerfed significantly from the decreased Smart Link range to the removal of the extremely increased accuracy when scoped in. Now, at point blank range, it will beat Pistol users, and that is completely fine. Why is that fine? Because 99% of the time, players will have their pistols out. If someone had an AR out, that means they knew where you were and got the jump on you, which is deserving of a kill. Stale AR battles in close range will only be a problem if 343 makes us play with radar, which would be 10000x worse than any other complaint about guns and Spartan abilities that have been made. Hopefully they aren’t that dumb..

• Upvote (+1) 9

Every weapon in halo 5 is pretty easy to use to be honest, don't really agree with the logic. The br is easy to use so lets replace it with an even easier weapon (ar). 

The AR can't melt across the map. The BR can. Jesus Christ, why is this so hard to understand lol

You think H3 MLG has a huge skillgap?

Have you ever played Str8 rippin or any other team in the MLG playlist against your own team of 4??? Have you ever ran in the social playlist?? 

How can you not think there is a huge skillgap in H3??

That's an issue with the game itself, but why specifically have a BR over the Magnum?

I'm a huge supporter of Pistol starts with the appropriate adjustments, just not sure of having an AR secondary. I would prefer to spawn with just a pistol, to avoid players waiting around corners with an AR at the ready. Forcing pistol battles is something that'll be fun to play and watch. 

Have you ever played Str8 rippin or any other team in the MLG playlist against your own team of 4??? Have you ever ran in the social playlist?? 

How can you not think there is a huge skillgap in H3??

If you think H3 has a huge skillgap when the whole shooting part of the game is RNG based...

Go play some high level H1 or H2, then come back with your findings.

Okay what the hell is wrong with everybody here? This elitists attitude shit has got to go. Just because people have different opinions on what Halo "is" doesn't mean they are "idiots" or "morons". Instead of insulting everyone because you "know more about competitive gaming" why don't you try and give your side with the facts you have and hear their argument. A teacher doesn't say "you are a moron because you don't know x" they try and give you the tools to learn and encourage you to find the information out. Their end goal is you learning what they want to teach. Just being such a bad of assholes and just talk.

Thank you

• Upvote (+1) 7

The AR can't melt across the map. The BR can. Jesus Christ, why is this so hard to understand lol

But the AR can melt in close combat, with little to no skill involved. Why is this so hard to understand....  ;)

BR/Pistol - Pistol/BR, which ever way round I'm not fussed, I just feel having the AR as a secondary weapon is a massive waste for our settings.

that just seems so redundant though, like both weapons are the mid ranged type, not to mention the pistol actually kills faster. If I spawn with both a br and pistol, there's no reason to use the br because the other gun is just a better version. The ar is a close ranged niche weapon, there will come a time where it will be needed at least once in a match.

The problem with the AR is that it allows you to camp corners and get free easy kills. Normally that's fine, but if you were playing for $1 million would you want to be using a weapon like that?

Stop with the petty arguments about which games has a bigger skill gap. We've all heard the same arguments for the past 11 years since Halo 2 released. 

If you want to debate something like that, we made a topic just for you in 2013! 

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/3370-the-great-halo-debate-thread/

If you want to compare the Halo 5 Pistol to something, go nuts but keep it strictly related to Halo 5.

Any more posts debating this will be removed and if it continues, you will receive a warning or suspension based on your past ban history.

Let's get back to Halo 5, please.

As always, a reminder of the forum rules: http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/3573-forum-rules/

• Upvote (+1) 4

But the AR can melt in close combat, with little to no skill involved. Why is this so hard to understand....  ;)

That is a fair point, yet I feel this will play out similar to H1 where it would just be better to have your Pistol out at all times. We will see how it plays out this Friday and see if any changes need to be made.

That is a fair point, yet I feel this will play out similar to H1 where it would just be better to have your Pistol out at all times. We will see how it plays out this Friday and see if any changes need to be made.

I'm just scared that the AR is stronger now than back then and the pistol is a lot weaker. So it's a lot more viable to use it now.

I hope you guys are right and the game plays fine on Friday, so tired of sub-par halo games. 

ok

you might need to re analyse the dmr as well using better footage. 343 said the pistol outslays the br and dmr so them having the same ttk makes no sense

It wasn't me, I was quoting the guy's paragraph.

Only if Halo was better... we would all be playing it rather than slitting each others throats over arguments that shouldn't exist.  

• Upvote (+1) 5

I like to spawn with precision fire weapons. I personally enjoy punishing people for making boneheaded plays, and thus possibly swinging momentum or winning the game. 

If the maps are catered in that direction, (in the beta i did not feel this way) map control and your movement controls spawns. Perfection is demanded from individual players and a team as a whole, everyone needs to be NSYNC  :saucey:

My 2 cents is perfection should be demanded from teams to win competitive games in each halo.. hopefully Halo 5 continues this.

Game just needs to have Br/Pistol start and DMR/Pistol, choose between the two. Both weapons are equally powerful and kill at the same time...

Get rid of AR completely, get rid of shotgun completely. Both weapons are for randoms who are force colonels and can't shoot straight. 

Don't make the game so complicated with a lot of different weapons on the map.

Have H3 beat down system.

Boom we have competitive settings... were Force colonels can't camp with a shotgun or spray us with an AR.   

Lets just get rid of all the other niche situational weapons also while we are at it. You know what, fuck the entire weapon sandbox, lets remove power weapons too because they're for noobs since they're easy to use. The only weapon we need in the sandbox is the BR, fuck everything else.

#BR Master Race!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Br/Pistol for me.

CQC would be ass with AR, but hey, that's just one mans opinion. I played the beta less and enjoyed it considerably less when it was pistol/AR starts.