CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Is it just me or does the Meta look pretty solid in Blops 3? Not sure about the balancing but there seems to be a lot more depth.

Pretty sure it was like that in the beta

My mistake

So if I preorder at Gamestop do I ask for the physical copy, or do I have ot wait until it comes in and trade?

I'm guessing the latter. All josh said was that we'd be able to do trade the digital for a physical.

I don't need to see Halo 5 gameplay to know that a burst utility weapon sucks. I have a whole catalogue of Halo games to prove that point.

Well the beta proved enough for me. You're basing the mechanics of other games on this one, not only that but the BR in Halo 5 has hardly any burst spread.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So if I preorder at Gamestop do I ask for the physical copy, or do I have ot wait until it comes in and trade?

I'm guessing the latter. All josh said was that we'd be able to do trade the digital for a physical.

This is only for the Limited Collector's Edition, not the console.

Is it just me or does the Meta look pretty solid in Blops 3? Not sure about the balancing but there seems to be a lot more depth.

Looks like a MOBA meta to me.

Agreed. I wish they would go back to the basics of gunplay and positioning. All these new CoDs look terrible, and I sold AW after a week of that terribad gameplay.

AW was the worst cod game to date. It has soooo many bad balancing issues and all the gameplay is just random jumpy chaotic gameplay. Treyarch is a way more respectable company so I trust them a lot more.

So apparently HCS and HWC is AR & Pistol starts. That means limited rifles which will create conflict between players on who gets the better weapons, not just power weapons now every weapon. 

This map has 2X Battle Rifles and 1X DMR. That is 1 BR per team and 1 DMR divided between everyone. 

Where as this map has just 1X BR and 2X DMR.

I'm really craving BR starts now or a change in settings. At least hoping to be proven wrong. 

The pistol was an okay starter in the beta because you could adequately defend yourself until you found a rifle, of which there were like 8 or 10 on each map.

But now that the RoF is nerfed and the amount of rifles per map appears to be down significantly... yeesh.

You must have missed the part where I said that I myself was ambivalent to the idea. I just merely threw it out as one more thing to look at when the game launches. Hardly the same as "BR & SMG STARTS 4 LYFE GIT GUD" thing you're trying to frame it as. 

And weren't you the one who said that pistol had to be a starting weapon because it would lose its place in the sandbox otherwise? That's what I was referencing (well, one of the things) when I called bias, but you didn't pick up on that because you didn't fucking read what I wrote. "Bruh."

Sorry for not reading closer, bruh  :wutface: . Just seemed like a weird suggestion, given the current state of the weapons. 

I've also said that Pistol either needs to be a starting weapon, OR a revolver-like CQC weapon that competes with Shotgun & Autos. But as it is right now, it makes more sense as a starting weapon.

*precision rifle if thats where you are getting at.

Not the point.

343 are trying to make equal starts, which means the guns we spawn with must be able to compete with other guns. The AR and Magnum were selected and tuned to be able to out-perform the precision guns when mastered. The precision guns are now pickups because of ease of use, or having stronger Red Reticule Range.

Looks like a MOBA meta to me.

Yeah, I kinda like that. Specially for competetive.

The pistol was an okay starter in the beta because you could adequately defend yourself until you found a rifle, of which there were like 8 or 10 on each map.

But now that the RoF is nerfed and the amount of rifles per map appears to be down significantly... yeesh.

A balancing act with a slightly complicated downside unfortunately. 

Well the beta proved enough for me. You're basing the mechanics of other games on this one, not only that but the BR in Halo 5 has hardly any burst spread.

Spread isn't the only issue with burst fire weapons. The entirety of Halo's headshot mechanics bring up issues, too.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, I kinda like that. Specially for competetive.

I guess CoD can get away with this sort of stuff since it's never been about equal starts or hardcore balance, but I feel like it takes away from the shooter aspect of the game more and more. Engagements become less about gun skill and more about rock-paper-scissors (does this dude have the correct abilities to engage his opponent?). It reminds me of all the things I didn't like about Halo 4.

But then again, CoD people might not mind this stuff since the game's always been about classes and often lopsided 1v1 battles.

Being a life-long halo fan and competitive player makes me want to buy Halo 5 and perfect it so badly.. 

The Beta was miserable for me, the Sniper was heavy as sin. I felt as if one of the biggest skill based weapons which promotes flashy skill based plays was completely negated by the lengthened zoom in time, and the overall feel and inability to swipe.

The AR spawns in any halo game completely changes the meta.. So that was the longest week of my life..

The only shining spot for me was the difficulty in my opinion to hit your shots.. It seemed that for the first time since Halo 1 that it was actually kind of difficult to hit your shots. (Halo 2 doesn't count because it was basically all connection depending if your shots would reg)

The Puuuuuur-fect medal was a nice touch, only because it does actually take skill to hit the 4 shot in this game..

I am deathly afraid that this hype train is heading down a path to derailment.. sure lets just take all the flash out of this game and run at eachother spray with the AR then beat them down..

Imagine an overkill with 4 beatdowns.. INTENSE 

• Downvote (-1) 1

I guess CoD can get away with this sort of stuff since it's never been about equal starts or hardcore balance, but I feel like it takes away from the shooter aspect of the game more and more. Engagements become less about gun skill and more about rock-paper-scissors (does this dude have the correct abilities to engage his opponent?). It reminds me of all the things I didn't like about Halo 4.

But then again, CoD people might not mind this stuff since the game's always been about classes and often lopsided 1v1 battles.

COD has always been about having the best weapon for each engagement. That's why they have weapon classes with damage drop offs, recoil, etc. so all this game does is build even more onto that

Being a life-long halo fan and competitive player makes me want to buy Halo 5 and perfect it so badly.. 

The Beta was miserable for me, the Sniper was heavy as sin. I felt as if one of the biggest skill based weapons which promotes flashy skill based plays was completely negated by the lengthened zoom in time, and the overall feel and inability to swipe.

The AR spawns in any halo game completely changes the meta.. So that was the longest week of my life..

The only shining spot for me was the difficulty in my opinion to hit your shots.. It seemed that for the first time since Halo 1 that it was actually kind of difficult to hit your shots. (Halo 2 doesn't count because it was basically all connection depending if your shots would reg)

The Puuuuuur-fect medal was a nice touch, only because it does actually take skill to hit the 4 shot in this game..

I am deathly afraid that this hype train is heading down a path to derailment.. sure lets just take all the flash out of this game and run at eachother spray with the AR then beat them down..

Imagine an overkill with 4 beatdowns.. INTENSE 

The AR fucking sucks now. If I have to say this one more time I think I might have a mental breakdown. Unreal.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The sniper has had the zoom animation shortened a lot. I hate it too, but this is fixed. I also hated how it took so long to fire out of YY, but I think it also has been changed.

As for AR spawns... just treat it as pistol spawns. AR is just there when you're out of ammo in the pistol or in CQC. It was brutal in the beta, but it's been nerfed quite a bit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not the point.

343 are trying to make equal starts, which means the guns we spawn with must be able to compete with other guns. The AR and Magnum were selected and tuned to be able to out-perform the precision guns when mastered. The precision guns are now pickups because of ease of use, or having stronger Red Reticule Range.

Well that is just ninnyhammering, 343i's lack of understanding in weapon meta is abysmal.

Why not make precision weapons hard to use, fortifying the traditional Halo play.

The AR could be for the masses and the Pistol could be slightly easier to use than a precision rifle and be used as a bridge to the upper echelons of precision rifle play.    

Well that is just ninnyhammering, 343i's lack of understanding in weapon meta is abysmal.

Why not make precision weapons hard to use, fortifying the traditional Halo play.

The AR could be for the masses and the Pistol could be slightly easier to use than a precision rifle and be used as a bridge to the upper echelons of precision rifle play.    

nostalgia argument confirmed.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The sniper has had the zoom animation shortened a lot. I hate it too, but this is fixed. I also hated how it took so long to fire out of YY, but I think it also has been changed.

As for AR spawns... just treat it as pistol spawns. AR is just there when you're out of ammo in the pistol or in CQC. It was brutal in the beta, but it's been nerfed quite a bit.

I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT Y-Ying OUT BEING MISERABLE.. thankful it's been addressed.. (I constantly Y-Y to unzoom at all times in all games lol) 

I'm currently working full time and its pretty strict what I can watched. I've missed alot of the recent news.. thanks for the info..

the Pistol could be slightly easier to use than a precision rifle and be used as a bridge to the upper echelons of precision rifle play.    

Sounds easy on paper, but there's no true way of making the pistol easier to use than other rifles. With its weaker zoom and RRR, people will have a hard time shooting people across the map. How do you approach this? Give the thing tons of aim assists / bullet mag? That would just make the sandbox even worse and most likely demotivate people from picking up rifles at all. Faster TTK? It becomes an absolute beast in CQC that nothing can counter.

Of course you could also boost it's zoom and RRR, but it wouldn't make absolutely no sense and then you'd be the one looking like you have no understanding of how weapons are supposed to work.