CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

What weapon would you have in HCS instead?

BR? The least competitive utility rifle in the game?

DMR? Something with a 3x range?

CC? A spammy 7sk, with pink bullets?

LR? A gun that does different amounts of damage depending on whether it's scoped in or not?

Make the BR harder to use. Lower AA/Magnetism. I know it's easier to use, atm, but I'd rather have a slightly easier weapon that I can actually control the map with. Like I said, make them both hard to use, and have the pistol win close range, BR win mid to long range.

EDIT: We could have BR/Pistol starts, then we're both happy.

What weapon would you have in HCS instead?

BR? The least competitive utility rifle in the game?

DMR? Something with a 3x range?

CC? A spammy 7sk, with pink bullets?

LR? A gun that does different amounts of damage depending on whether it's scoped in or not?

The carbine is spammy but the pistol isn't? And it shoots green rounds btw, not that the color of the bullets matter. 

He'd have to learn them just like anything else you see for the first time. I just dont wanna be playing less than optimal settings because they want to cater to causals who prob wont even play the game at the level we play it.

So what's the issue with making the base game itself competitive? I'm not saying we shouldn't change the competitive side of things if needed but anything competitive can work just as well in a casual setting.

He'd have to learn them just like anything else you see for the first time. I just dont wanna be playing less than optimal settings because they want to cater to causals who prob wont even play the game at the level we play it.

It's not only playing the settings, but watching it too. Viewers should be able to watch it and get pumped up and play TS and play the exact same thing only with the radar.

NK7LoFH.png

Taken from the B-Roll footage of Eden, Plaza, Coliseum and The Rig. Was wondering if anyone is a fan of the dead body keeping the overshield effect?

@@Sal1ent - is this just a bug or intentional?

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's not only playing the settings, but watching it too. Viewers should be able to watch it and get pumped up and play TS and play the exact same thing only with the radar.

Not a good enough reason to have the ar primary. 

Ugh I just don't like the look of Halo 5.  The gameplay seems messy and the maps are far too noisy, visually.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Make the BR harder to use. Lower AA/Magnetism. I know it's easier to use, atm, but I'd rather have a slightly easier weapon that I can actually control the map with. Like I said, make them both hard to use, and have the pistol win close range, BR win mid to long range.

Ya need an auto in there, and a burst-fire weapon will never be as competitive as a single-fire one. And Magnum looked fine for "controlling the map" in the pro footage we saw today.

The carbine is spammy but the pistol isn't? And it shoots green rounds btw, not that the color of the bullets matter. 

Current Carbine ROF is .2 seconds, Pistol is around .3, same as the DMR.

Having BR/Magnum starts would be pointless, as the Magnum is too easy.

Take off your nostalgia glasses for the BR.

Magnum

Yeah I know you spawn with both. But having the best/easiest to use ar in the entire series doesn't help at all. 

@Sal1ent

Are the distribution of power weapons and powerups tied together like in Halo CE? For example, rockets/camo being near each other on several maps, and overshield being distant from that combination.

Also, will the power weapons and powerups be all on static timers?

Looking forward to more gameplay that shows rifles vs pistol...really want to see how the starting AR/Pistol set works consistently.

I'd personally make it a neutral hill in the middle, first person to cap it wins. If no one caps it, person who is closest wins.

Five

Huh, weird.

I read somewhere that all shotguns (UNSC and Promethean) will have a light in front of the barrel so players can identify them easier.

I read somewhere that all shotguns (UNSC and Promethean) will have a light in front of the barrel so players can identify them easier.

With over a decade of playing Halo, I have never had a problem or seen someone complain about not noticing someone holding a shotgun. What grandmas do they have play testing this game?

Ya need an auto in there, and a burst-fire weapon will never be as competitive as a single-fire one. And Magnum looked fine for "controlling the map" in the pro footage we saw today.

Current Carbine ROF is .2 seconds, Pistol is around .3, same as the DMR.

I was talking about HCS starts, not the entire game. I agree that single shot weapons are better, but we don't have one (Personally, i like the reach dmr, 2nd favorite utility weapon next to CE magnum). Current DMR is to niche, imo. Why not make the utility rifle we have harder to use vs. making a different weapon the rifle? If we're just using the magnum, the other rifles are redundant. Might as well go back to the CE sandbox (which wouldn't be horrible tbh). I want a competent magnum and competent BR, neither being dominant in all situations. Like I said, Magnum kills fast at close range, but loses mid to long range.

too bad Halo isn't a competitive moba, huh?

Static timers basically means you can't just hold onto the weapons and camp with them. I don't know why the hell you wouldn't want that.

I don't get why it's so hard for people to understand that Static is better, it works in every genre.

Even Moba's have static timers on their powerups, Dota2's runes spawn every 2 minutes,  rune control can be very important in the early game.

Roshan is on a dynamic timer, but as the game announces exactly as he dies to start the timer, the team who don't get the kill are not at a disadvantage for the next spawn.

As long as the flashlight doesn't blind me, whatever.

Yeah I know you spawn with both. But having the best/easiest to use ar in the entire series doesn't help at all.

AR is situational at best, everyone will prefer the magnum. The AR will be the first thing players drop when getting a weapon. If a situation calls for some AR spraying I see nothing wrong with that, but it definitely won't be a pro AR spam fest.

CE AR wasn't capable of headshot damage. 

Yet it was the best overall weapon to melee and quick camo with since you spawned with it. Don't try to write off Halo CE's AR as being a useless gun because it wasn't. The AR in Halo CE was the best niche melee weapon in the game.

I was talking about HCS starts, not the entire game. I agree that single shot weapons are better, but we don't have one (Personally, i like the reach dmr, 2nd favorite utility weapon next to CE magnum). Current DMR is to niche, imo. Why not make the utility rifle we have harder to use vs. making a different weapon the rifle? If we're just using the magnum, the other rifles are redundant. Might as well go back to the CE sandbox (which wouldn't be horrible tbh). I want a competent magnum and competent BR, neither being dominant in all situations. Like I said, Magnum kills fast at close range, but loses mid to long range.

I don't think the magnum should lose in mid to long range...especially off spawn, that's why Halo 2 and Halo 3 had to have BR starts.

The rifles should be viable pick ups on the map if we're gonna so AR/pistol start, but they should never guarantee kills, regardless of range.

Yet it was the best overall weapon to melee and quick camo with since you spawned with it. Don't try to write off Halo CE's AR as being a useless gun because it wasn't. The AR in Halo CE was the best niche melee weapon in the game.

I love CE as much as the next guy but this isn't halo CE its halo 5....

• Downvote (-1) 1