CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I agree for default settings sure keep the AR in. But for competitive why? What good reason do we have for keeping them in?

343 has said many times they don't want a settings divide, whether it be w/ Maps and weapon placement, or starting weapons.

• Upvote (+1) 1

343 has said many times they don't want a settings divide, whether it be w/ Maps and weapon placement, or starting weapons.

I completely agree with that too. Keep it as close to default as possible to make it easy for new players to jump into HCS and competitive play.

I think we can be sure that HCS will use BR starts for competitive play lol, maybe not for the invitational though. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm pretty sure radar isn't in competitive settings. Which creates a much bigger divide than a lack of ar ever will. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think we can be sure that HCS will use BR starts for competitive play lol, maybe not for the invitational though. 

Not if they're smart. Pistol > BR in skill and kill time. 

Anyone who wants BR starts is letting nostalgia play too much of a factor. It's the easiest utility rifle to use in the game, the slowest killing, and not even single-shot. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

The lag in spectator mode is kinda annoying.... you can't really tell if they are getting head shots . I hope their is someway they can fix the lag or reduce it.

So radar is still in? 

That'll probably be the only difference, just like it was in CE. 

Or they could really nerf radar and keep it in. Maybe only certain spartan abilities trigger radar. That could be interesting.

I'm all for AR/pistol starts if the pistol is a strong utility weapon. The rifles can be pick ups on the map. Having universal settings will be nice to bring casuals and competitive folk together. 

Anyone who wants BR starts is letting nostalgia play too much of a factor. It's the easiest utility rifle to use in the game, the slowest killing, and not even single-shot. 

this 

Nostalgia does not play a factor in anything. People who want BR starts simply do not understand what a utility weapon is supposed to be.

Nostalgia does not play a factor in anything. People who want BR starts simply do not understand what a utility weapon is supposed to be.

But the thing is, that's a massive majority who think that because it "worked so well in Halo 2 and 3", and was then pushed upon us in Halo 4 to a larger extent with the buff.

Not saying it should play a factor, but it does. Why else would people support BR starts, if not for nostalgia? During the ol' MLG games it was the signature gun. People view it as the "competitive weapon" just because of this. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Im really happy to see so many powers ups and how frequently they spawn. I'm also really digging how easy it is to tell which side of the map you are on becuss of the team colors.

I am disappointed tho that we won't have the "mini Breakout scoreboard" things to see how many team mates are down.

I'm glad to see power-ups finally spawn frequently again but I'm really confused and disappointed by the fact that they made them be on a dynamic timer instead of a static timer. We need power-ups and power weapons to be on static timers for consistency. I don't like having to play the guessing game to try to figure out whether or not a power-up has spawned yet. We need to push for power-ups to be on static timers because they are just as important to control as the power weapons. We need it where everybody in the game has the ability to be able to know when the power-ups are spawning not just one player or one team, it needs to be a fair fight over the power-ups. No team should be at a disadvantage just because they didn't see when the previous power-up was picked up by a player.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Agree with most people that Pistol should be 4sk. In H3 when the BR was a 5sk in default settings it felt a bit sluggish, whereas 4 shots felt a lot better.

Halo 3 had a 4SK BR but in MLG settings, it was 110% damage so it felt a lot better. 

Please don't turn this into another BR fight. Lets address the concerns with the current pistol, which are legitimate and see if there's a way to fix it. 

As long as the maps are small to medium sized like the beta I think AR/Pistol will be fine. Faster kill time woulds be nice though. For the pistol to be a starter they really need to make the BR a weapon which you only have to use at medium to long range. If the BR is dominant up close the AR/Pistol will be dead within a week.

I think the easiest fix for the Magnum is to increase the fire rate a bit more. It would be the best iteration of the Magnum in a long time.

h5-guardians-arena-establishing-plaza-to

h5-guardians-arena-establishing-plaza-pl

Reminds me of that map in Toxikk.

Not saying this in a bad way at all but it looks like that one AW map with a mixture of Boardwalk

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think the easiest fix for the Magnum is to increase the fire rate a bit more. It would be the best iteration of the Magnum in a long time.

Yup. Halfway between the Beta ROF, and what we have now.

h5-guardians-arena-establishing-plaza-to

h5-guardians-arena-establishing-plaza-pl

Reminds me of that map in Toxikk.

Not saying this in a bad way at all but it looks like that one AW map with a mixture of Boardwalk

ChinatownCOD4.jpg

Reminds me of Chinatown from the CoD4 DLC

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm glad to see power-ups finally spawn frequently again but I'm really confused and disappointed by the fact that they made them be on a dynamic timer instead of a static timer. We need power-ups and power weapons to be on static timers for consistency. I don't like having to play the guessing game to try to figure out whether or not a power-up has spawned yet. We need to push for power-ups to be on static timers because they are just as important to control as the power weapons. We need it where everybody in the game knows when the power-ups are spawning not just one player or one team, it needs to be a fair fight over the power-ups. No team should be at a disadvantage just because they didn't see when the power-up was picked up.

imo it adds a new, and interesting dynamic to the game.

• Downvote (-1) 2