CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

That's too bad. 5sk isn't ideal, especially if the pistol has a small clip. How did the pistol feel in the beta (didn't have the chance to play the beta)? Its interesting 343i is going with pistol/AR starts over rifles for competitive but at this point, anything goes.

Pistol in the beta was like a hidden gem. No one would use it but In close range it was a beast even against BR's. I loved it even with all the flinch.

Pistol felt good in the beta. It was a pain to use though because of the flinch animation that was in which felt like you were fighting with your weapon.

The Pistol in its current state would be fine if it could get kills in four shots.

I would be fine too with pistol/AR starts if the pistol killed a bit faster either with a ROF increase or make it 4 shots to kill.

Either way, the new gameplays looked promising and the maps looked interesting. I like all the vertical movement options I saw on most of the maps. Seeing powerups back made me smile. 

Completely agree with this. All the maps from Reach onwards to be honest have just been grey and blue pallette maps with way too many grey textures on everything. Makes them really forgettable, and the complicated geometry just adds too much fuck-up-ery to throwing and bouncing grenades.

I've occasionally hopped on Halo 4 with some old halo buddies who never got the X1. I still struggle to remember what maps are what... maybe because theres a ton of forge maps? Regardless the textures were a big issue for me starting on Halo 3.. the maps looked nice but having a grenade get stuck in some random texture/geometry was the most frustrating thing. I pretty much value core gameplay over everything else.. graphics included. It just goes to show their focus isn't at a core gameplay level, but just how can we create this overall cool atmosphere for our players? 

No word on it yet, just that a neutral flag was being tested on it.

Have any ideas on how to improve it? All my suggestions were really shadowrun based, and my god does it work beautifully there. I don't really see that working here or a couple of other objective based ideas.. Breakout has small maps, faster TTK and is just a faster paced game in general. The flag runner is slow but has thrust.. is anyone supposed to be able to cap the flag? I only see it working in like a 4-1 scenario.

I'd like to see the obj have a clutch factor. Instead of scoring the flag at a location, could we just have a hold to win feature? I forget the time limit but if it's a lot, lower it and let holding the neutral flag win the game. This allows the last player alive to win the round for his team, at the other teams expense. The team with 4 up should be aware of the time limit and either control the flag or camp, but we can see some potential magic here with this.

Flagnum is back but you can drop the flag this time around and there's no automatic pickup. We've known this for a while.

BXR medal was present in the beta - to get it you just melee someone and then shoot them. 

As for the Shotgun - got an image? I doubt it's an attachment, just part of the gun.

As of right now, yes. Could change - Halo 4's DMR used to be 5SK, 15 bullet clip but it was changed to 14 bullet clip to balance it out with the 5SK BR.

Just read this after watching the Optic game so I just seen you could drop it. As for the flash light.

DlmGwBl.png

so if you land perfect shots, you get two kills in one clip with two shots you. ca miss.

I would like to see a four shot. Allows for three kills with perfect aim lol

Have any ideas on how to improve it? All my suggestions were really shadowrun based, and my god does it work beautifully there. I don't really see that working here or a couple of other objective based ideas.. Breakout has small maps, faster TTK and is just a faster paced game in general. The flag runner is slow but has thrust.. is anyone supposed to be able to cap the flag? I only see it working in like a 4-1 scenario.

I'd like to see the obj have a clutch factor. Instead of scoring the flag at a location, could we just have a hold to win feature? I forget the time limit but if it's a lot, lower it and let holding the neutral flag win the game. This allows the last player alive to win the round for his team, at the other teams expense. The team with 4 up should be aware of the time limit and either control the flag or camp, but we can see some potential magic here with this.

I'd personally make it a neutral hill in the middle, first person to cap it wins. If no one caps it, person who is closest wins.

how many shots does the pistol take?

Five

Just read this after watching the Optic game so I just seen you could drop it. As for the flash light.

DlmGwBl.png

Huh, weird.

Overshield and Camo are on a one minute Dynamic timer

Why though?  This just seems strange given that power weapons are on static spawns.

• Upvote (+1) 1

so if you land perfect shots, you get two kills in one clip with two shots you. ca miss.

I would like to see a four shot. Allows for three kills with perfect aim lol

I'd like to see the pistol be a 4sk as well, I'm not a fan of having extraneous bullets in precision weapons.

The decision for the weapon and power-up timers kinda confuses me. I'd like to hear the thought process behind having a tiered system that works differently based on the tier.

• Upvote (+1) 1

DlmGwBl.png

That Promethean shotgun has one as well, might be for better identification from a distance?

Im really happy to see so many powers ups and how frequently they spawn. I'm also really digging how easy it is to tell which side of the map you are on becuss of the team colors.

I am disappointed tho that we won't have the "mini Breakout scoreboard" things to see how many team mates are down.

Im really happy to see so many powers ups and how frequently they spawn. I'm also really digging how easy it is to tell which side of the map you are on becuss of the team colors.

I am disappointed tho that we won't have the "mini Breakout scoreboard" things to see how many team mates are down.

I wonder if spectators will be able to hold back and see the scoreboard? 

If they really want to push pistol as the starting weapon then it needs to be 4 shots to kill or increase the clip to 15. Curious to see how the pistol fares against rifles though we didnt get to see that.

DlmGwBl.png

Maybe that's the smart-link scope-light? 

Either make the pistol have 15 rounds in the magazine or buff it to a four shot. If we leave it in its current state im worried of clunky gameplay. Reloading isnt fun and shouldn't be necessary after every kill.

Since the beta, I've wanted a neutral Extraction site added to Breakout but have it treated like SnD. No converting. Just arms and disarms. If a team gets the disarm, they win. If a team gets the extraction, they win.

We should do a poll to see who wants AR/Pistol starts and BR/Pistol starts or BR/AR starts

Did do one a while back. AR/Pistol won by like 30-10. 

Also, it's the only combo that makes any sense.

Casuals need an automatic weapon, and Pistol wouldn't have a place in the sandbox if it weren't a starting weapon. It also takes the most skill out of any of the utility rifles in H5. It's a no-brainer...

still want it buffed a tad more though  :holmes:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Threw up a quick video of the shotgun flash light attachment (maybe?) as I thought it looked cool

Agree with most people that Pistol should be 4sk. In H3 when the BR was a 5sk in default settings it felt a bit sluggish, whereas 4 shots felt a lot better.

Did do one a while back. AR/Pistol won by like 30-10. 

Also, it's the only combo that makes any sense.

Casuals need an automatic weapon, and Pistol wouldn't have a place in the sandbox if it weren't a starting weapon. It also takes the most skill out of any of the utility rifles in H5. It's a no-brainer...

still want it buffed a tad more though  :holmes:

I agree for default settings sure keep the AR in. But for competitive why? What good reason do we have for keeping them in?