CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

IEoZKdz.png

I assume that's a HUD bug with the "Flag Away" notification?

You can thrust, clamber, and ground pound with the Flag.

Wow. Well then, I retract my previous comment. That's pretty crazy.

Thanks for the quick response guys!

I haven't posted in a while but I just saw the recent gameplay. I noticed in the esports exhibition match at 2:50 that Buk20 kills his opponent with the pistol in 3 shots. So is the pistol a 3 shot kill? Also all the mobility options seem awesome on some of those new maps. For the first time, I feel hopeful about Halo 5. Maybe it will take me away from LoL back to Halo. 

So I take it the flag is still automatically picked up when you walk over it.

It's hold to pick up.

I haven't posted in a while but I just saw the recent gameplay. I noticed in the esports exhibition match at 2:50 that Buk20 kills his opponent with the pistol in 3 shots. So is the pistol a 3 shot kill? Also all the mobility options seem awesome on some of those new maps. For the first time, I feel hopeful about Halo 5. Maybe it will take me away from LoL back to Halo. 

Where can I watch this?

Ok good cause it just looked to me like it was being automatically picked up.

Yeah, spectator mode is super weird. It's like watching gameplay from someone else's perspective in theater, it's jumpy and not fluid.

We can still use all the spartan abilities while holding the flag....but we cant shoot while clambering/sprinting/thrusting. Makes sense.

#343logic

Yeah, spectator mode is super weird. It's like watching gameplay from someone else's perspective in theater, it's jumpy and not fluid.

Honestly, I couldn't really tell I was in spectator until looking around seeing if there was an outline of players or not.

Any word on their improved concept of break-out? They had mentioned various things to prevent a stalemate or add an objective. I'm not a big fan of one life gametypes, so I'm interested in seeing how they can add more depth to that game mode.

I just watched the part you're talking about. The guy was already weak - Pistol is a 5SK.

Where can I watch this?

https://youtu.be/OVaEeCVgOSo?t=275

Honestly, I couldn't really tell I was in spectator until looking around seeing if there was an outline of players or not.

The reticles didn't turn red half of the time and watch this - see how he is constantly zooming in and then instantly unzooming then zooming back in again? That's a spectator mode bug that was present in the beta.

I've had this issue since reach where just about every single map I play feels and looks either incredibly grey and bland, or over saturated with textures and grittyness. Hopefully we have some fun unique maps that are so good that we'll remember them forever, unlike other games where I already forgot the majority of the map names.

Completely agree with this. All the maps from Reach onwards to be honest have just been grey and blue pallette maps with way too many grey textures on everything. Makes them really forgettable, and the complicated geometry just adds too much fuck-up-ery to throwing and bouncing grenades.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Any word on their improved concept of break-out? They had mentioned various things to prevent a stalemate or add an objective. I'm not a big fan of one life gametypes, so I'm interested in seeing how they can add more depth to that game mode.

No word on it yet, just that a neutral flag was being tested on it.

From all the videos the one thing that stuck with me is that flagnum is back, ffs. Also I seen a BXR medal, I take it its just pressing those buttons but doesnt have the glitch? 

EDIT: Also a shotty had a flash light attachment?

The reticles didn't turn red half of the time and watch this - see how he is constantly zooming in and then instantly unzooming then zooming back in again? That's a spectator mode bug that was present in the beta.

I was just hoping that put more features in spectator mode. 

From all the videos the one thing that stuck with me is that flagnum is back, ffs. Also I seen a BXR medal, I take it its just pressing those buttons but doesnt have the glitch? 

EDIT: Also a shotty had a flash light attachment?

Flagnum is back but you can drop the flag this time around and there's no automatic pickup. We've known this for a while.

BXR medal was present in the beta - to get it you just melee someone and then shoot them. 

As for the Shotgun - got an image? I doubt it's an attachment, just part of the gun.

So it's a 5sk with a 12 bullet clip?
As of right now, yes. Could change - Halo 4's DMR used to be 5SK, 15 bullet clip but it was changed to 14 bullet clip to balance it out with the 5SK BR.

I just watched the part you're talking about. The guy was already weak - Pistol is a 5SK.

https://youtu.be/OVaEeCVgOSo?t=275

That's too bad. 5sk isn't ideal, especially if the pistol has a small clip. How did the pistol feel in the beta (didn't have the chance to play the beta)? Its interesting 343i is going with pistol/AR starts over rifles for competitive but at this point, anything goes. 

So it's a 5sk with a 12 bullet clip?

Yup. But the reload is really fast... shouldn't be a problem, especially since AR is a viable finishing-off weapon now. 

Also, from watching the Optic vs. Epsilon match, Pistol looked strong enough. There were BRs on the map, but it wasn't H2 SMG starts... 

I'd still like to see the Magnum ROF buffed a bit, to make it a faster kill than the DMR. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

That's too bad. 5sk isn't ideal, especially if the pistol has a small clip. How did the pistol feel in the beta (didn't have the chance to play the beta)? Its interesting 343i is going with pistol/AR starts over rifles for competitive but at this point, anything goes. 

Pistol felt good in the beta. It was a pain to use though because of the flinch animation that was in which felt like you were fighting with your weapon.

The Pistol in its current state would be fine if it could get kills in four shots.

Flagnum is back but you can drop the flag this time around and there's no automatic pickup. We've known this for a while.

BXR medal was present in the beta - to get it you just melee someone and then shoot them.

As for the Shotgun - got an image? I doubt it's an attachment, just part of the gun.

As of right now, yes. Could change - Halo 4's DMR used to be 5SK, 15 bullet clip but it was changed to 14 bullet clip to balance it out with the 5SK BR.

Hmm I hope they give it a tad more ammo if they plan on keeping it a 5sk

Yup. But the reload is really fast... shouldn't be a problem, especially since AR is a viable finishing-off weapon now.

Also, from watching the Optic vs. Epsilon match, Pistol looked strong enough. There were BRs on the map, but it wasn't H2 SMG starts...

I'd still like to see the Magnum ROF buffed a bit, to make it a faster kill than the DMR.

I'm more concerned with instances where you may be fighting multiple people at the same time. Not being able to kill 2 people consistently without reloading seems off to me. We won't know how it plays until the invitational so I'm ready to see how it works. If it seems fine I'll be okay with it.

Definitely was wayyyyyyy better than smg starts. There wasn't a lot of rifle vs. pistol fights though