CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

The fact you become visible when you melee is a big nono.

Why don't you just run Halo 1 MM/Customs the rest of your life man? Seems like you compare everything to Halo 1, and no Halo game will ever top Halo 1 in your opinion.

Generally curious.

• Downvote (-1) 8

Looking forward to seeing some full-length games later in the week at the invitational. Will be very revealing about weapon balance hopefully. Also looking forward to hearing what the pros think of it afterwards.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why don't you just run Halo 1 MM/Customs the rest of your life man? Seems like you compare everything to Halo 1, and no Halo game will ever top Halo 1 in your opinion.

Generally curious.

You don't become visible when you melee in H2C either.

Stop being such a moron. I want the game to be the best it can be. You got a problem with that?

• Upvote (+1) 5

@@Faith, Arena encompasses all 4v4, competitive, team based playlists. Team Slayer, Doubles, FFA, etc.

Standard ones like TS will obviously have radar but the HCS or competitive tournament playlist will likely not have Radar

@@Faith, Arena encompasses all 4v4, competitive, team based playlists. Team Slayer, Doubles, FFA, etc.

Standard ones like TS will obviously have radar but the HCS or competitive tournament playlist will likely not have Radar

Ah that makes complete sense. Sorry I haven't been following halo 5 that much. Thanks for clearing that up for me :)

Generally curious.

I think that's what you call a bench Mark

So weird, though. I've just asked a few friends to try and open their Halo 5 builds from December and they don't work.

NPyksX4.gif

Any idea what happened @@Mikwen?

It said I had an update, and I went to it and it allowed me in.

Maybe they're planning an online show match and my gamertag is already entered or something.

I really have no idea though.

• Upvote (+1) 4

You don't become visible when you melee in H2C either.

Stop being such a moron. I want the game to be the best it can be. You got a problem with that?

Why don't you just run Halo 2 MM/Customs the rest of your life man? Seems like you compare everything to Halo 2, and no Halo game will ever top Halo 2 in your opinion.

Generally curious.

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

So am I the only person worried about CTF now. Since the flagnum is back and the starting weapon is the magnum, that means the flag runner has no real disadvantage except that he can't sprint. He is on even footing with everyone else and has a 1 hit melee weapon. This could be a problem.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Something I want to see in H5's forge is a mirror mode.

Making perfectly symmetrical maps immediately would be amazing.

THIS.  I have wanted this sooooooo many times. 

I've had this issue since reach where just about every single map I play feels and looks either incredibly grey and bland, or over saturated with textures and grittyness. Hopefully we have some fun unique maps that are so good that we'll remember them forever, unlike other games where I already forgot the majority of the map names.

Holy shit.. that gameplay really, really reminded me of Halo 2. This is the closest another Halo game has been to Halo 2 IMO. can't fkn wait

lol

• Upvote (+1) 8

So am I the only person worried about CTF now. Since the flagnum is back and the starting weapon is the magnum, that means the flag runner has no real disadvantage except that he can't sprint. He is on even footing with everyone else and has a 1 hit melee weapon. This could be a problem.

I'd say in this game not being able to sprint or maybe even use thruster would be a pretty big disadvantage. Haven't watched enough footage to tell if you can thrust while holding the flag though...my guess is you drop it. Can anyone who has watched more confirm?

Rig and Plaza look like fun. I'm pretty lukewarm on Coliseum though.

Same. Feel it suffers from "Solace" syndrome where they make a good map but then add a million different caves and rooms every where that leads to segmented gameplay. Will have to wait to play but so far it only looks decent at best.

I'd say in this game not being able to sprint or maybe even use thruster would be a pretty big disadvantage. Haven't watched enough footage to tell if you can thrust while holding the flag though...my guess is you drop it. Can anyone who has watched more confirm?

You can thrust, clamber, and ground pound with the Flag.

• Upvote (+1) 1

https://youtu.be/OVaEeCVgOSo?t=261

You can thrust with the Flag

• Upvote (+1) 1

Something I want to see in H5's forge is a mirror mode.

Making perfectly symmetrical maps immediately would be amazing.

i would love highlighting objects, and saving them as one object, like if I build a spaceship out of a hundred objects I could save it as one object.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I'm pretty sure in the gameplay today from the CTF game one of the guys thirsted while holding to flag. I could be wrong though. But you can just drop the flag and thrust

Edit: holy crap you can do a lot with the flag oh boy

i would love highlighting objects, and saving them as one object, like if I build a spaceship out of a hundred objects I could save it as one object.

Too bad forge doesn't get the recognition/development it deserves. Forge isn't even getting an announcement lol. Pretty disappointing imo but Halo 5 still looks like it will be a good game imo. 

Looking forward to seeing some full-length games later in the week at the invitational. Will be very revealing about weapon balance hopefully. Also looking forward to hearing what the pros think of it afterwards.

Same here. Dying for back to core basics halo.