CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

That just looks like a guy picking up Camo normally?

The gif cuts the rest of the chest slam off but that's just normal.

I "think" he was saying that the camo affect happens instantly compared to the transition into camo in previous games

• Upvote (+1) 1

That just looks like a guy picking up Camo normally?

The gif cuts the rest of the chest slam off but that's just normal.

Frames are cut with the gif maker, but it seemed a bit faster then when you pick up camo in Halo 2 or 3.

Shit man, these maps look fun to play with the abilities. All these jumps and edges, and the verticality is great, too. We're going to have a good HCS Season 3. The only thing that's making me kind of "meh" is sprint still existing.

I'm glad 343 is behind competitive play a bit more now, but I wish they'd talk more about balancing specfics and starting weapons and their reasoning etc. Just throwing money and spectator mode and shouting ESPORTS in our faces doesn't necessarily make it a good game for competitive play.

Currently resisting getting excited until we know more about how the game plays. Look at evolve for example.

Never got excited for H4 and thought it sounded terrible from all the information pre release but I enjoyed the H5G beta despite a few frustrations in terms of mechanics and had fun with the game and the ranking system and I'm pretty excited for H5 now. Hopefully I'm not as disappointed as you no doubt had been for H4 and H5 can retain a healthy population up there with Halo Reach at least. We shall see.

I just hope IF......*IF* sprint and all the other stuff isn't as good as the more "traditional" halo settings, they'd be open to discuss about possibly implementing them and it's not just going to be 343 or whoever ruling with an iron fist when it comes to settings.

Shit man, these maps look fun to play with the abilities. All these jumps and edges, and the verticality is great, too. We're going to have a good HCS Season 3. The only thing that's making me kind of "meh" is sprint still existing.

this, even though the maps are bigger due to sprint, atleast the running away problem is less rampent. still want it gone though, or replaced with speed boost so i can shoot

The fact you become visible when you melee is a big nono.

are you talking about camo? wasn't that always how it worked? i know thats the case with shooting.

The fact you become visible when you melee is a big nono.

Yea, that's lame. At least I agree with being visible while sprinting. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sorry if this has been asked already, but I noticed the b roll arena gameplay has radar. Does that mean arena has radar?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sorry if this has been asked already, but I noticed the b roll arena gameplay has radar. Does that mean arena has radar?

I don't think they've said anything on what the specific playlists are under the "Arena" tab.

I would assume default arena slayer has radar, and that there'll be a hardcore playlist in there for people who don't want it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think they've said anything on what the specific playlists are under the "Arena" tab.

Ohh I thought arena was just the competitive playlist. Didn't realize there would be more than one game type under that category.

Body outlines through the wall only in the eSports spectator mode right?  I would flip shit otherwise.

edit: for all I know 343 thinks it would be competitive to have full time Promethean vision... 

i find it odd that this community feels like it just pulled a 180 degree turn i to the positive for halo 5.

Also seems like the hcs announcement is compensating for the excitement. did the gamescom footage really turn people's heads??

Personally, i need to see more, more consistent rifles vs pistol to make a call.

• Upvote (+1) 5

i find it odd that this community feels like it just pulled a 180 degree turn i to the positive for halo 5.

Also seems like the hcs announcement is compensating for the excitement. did the gamescom footage really turn people's heads??

Personally, i need to see more, more consistent rifles vs pistol to make a call.

If anything, it'll be like H4 comp. play, where the BR was the inferior weapon, but a starting weapon. Having DMRs/LRs/Carbines on the map didn't make it into H2 SMGs.

Edit: And H4 BR was slower killing than DMR, pre-turbo. The Pistol kills faster than BR, and on par with DMR. Just has a lower RRR, so it takes more skill to use at range.

If anything, it'll be like H4 comp. play, where the BR was the inferior weapon, but a starting weapon. Having DMRs/LRs/Carbines on the map didn't make it into H2 SMGs.

Edit: And H4 BR was slower killing than DMR, pre-turbo. The Pistol kills faster than BR, and on par with DMR. Just has a lower RRR, so it takes more skill to use at range.

I disagree, smaller hit boxes and less aim assist is going to make if feel drastically different from H4.  Unfortunately that doesn't guarantee it'll be any good.  But it is a step in the right direction.

so true

if they pull a ghostayame and go with br starts instead of pistols starts based on nostalgia, it's really going to suck.

I disagree, smaller hit boxes and less aim assist is going to make if feel drastically different from H4.  Unfortunately that doesn't guarantee it'll be any good.  But it is a step in the right direction.

also true.

@@Sal1ent - what's up with the 18m radar we've seen in the Arena footage? Seems like such an odd number.