CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

why is this a negative?

I meant that as a negative of using it vs. a rifle. In the grand scheme of things it's not.

And you expected to suddenly like Halo 5 today? With the Halo 5 we have there literally couldn't have been a better presentation for us competitive guys.

Honestly, I find H5 extremely entertaining to watch; it's fast paced, yet strategic. And I suspect many new people to the scene, as well as fans that weren't previously interested in competitive Halo will feel the same way, and Halo 2A was just a bore to watch. Halo 5 won't be for everybody but the competitive scene will be better than it ever was before.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I meant that as a negative of using it vs. a rifle. In the grand scheme of things it's not.

fair enough

Honestly, I find H5 extremely entertaining to watch; it's fast paced, yet strategic. And I suspect many new people to the scene, as well as fans that weren't previously interested in competitive Halo will feel the same way, and Halo 2A was just a bore to watch. Halo 5 won't be for everybody but the competitive scene will be better than it ever was before.

i agree, h2a was just too stale though that had more to do with the lack of maps

A H2A tournament with only 3 maps almost a year after the game released with a prize pool of $150,000 got 25k viewers.

This is an assumption on my part but I can see Halo 5 EASILY breaking 100k viewers with the HWC. Especially when you factor in MLG and YoutubeGaming viewers. 

:weback:  :halo:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Really? Forge is what's gonna make or break this?

Forge needs to be big. It's a pillar of growth in every aspect of this community.

• Upvote (+1) 1

A H2A tournament with only 3 maps almost a year after the game released with a prize pool of $150,000 got 25k viewers.

This is an assumption on my part but I can see Halo 5 EASILY breaking 100k viewers with the HWC. Especially when you factor in MLG and YoutubeGaming viewers.

:weback: :halo:

For each tournament? 100k? Concurrent? Just because the money is bigger, if the game and community is still the same why would the viewers change? It'll get a bump, but I wouldn't expect that just because of a money announcement.

For each tournament? 100k? Concurrent? Just because the money is bigger, if the game and community is still the same why would the viewers change? It'll get a bump, but I wouldn't expect that just because of a money announcement.

1 it's only one tourny

2 the multiple streaming platforms means it wont have the same community

3 mlg having a bigger NA pressence signifigantly increases potential viewership

1 it's only one tourny

2 the multiple streaming platforms means it wont have the same community

3 mlg having a bigger NA pressence signifigantly increases potential viewership

If it's just the one tournament then yeah. That could make sense because it's only one event. If we're talking about an entire season you're not getting that kind of viewership because more money is on the line.

Holy shit, just woke up and was hit with a bunch of halo news. Seeing flag juggling for the first time in Halo 5 felt so good. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly, halo 5 kinda felt like halo 3 during the beta to me, all the team shooting, weird pacing, low aim assist and what not.

I think the Overshield was on a dynamic 60 second timer in the Coliseum gameplay.

It was first taken at 11.51, then again around 10:51, and then time skips ahead where it spawns again 2:21.

Quick camo babyyyyy

quick-camo-o.gif

That just looks like a guy picking up Camo normally?

The gif cuts the rest of the chest slam off but that's just normal.

4YrlCBa.png

Looks like a skin that makes your pistol glow when carrying a flag?

It stopped glowing when the flag was droped..