CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I'll wait until RTX and the Forge reveal before I lay judgement on Halo 5.

They're not doing anything for RTX

No I've liked Halo 5 since I played I played it. And I understand why you wouldn't like the game I just don't know why you'd still be expecting to have your mind changed a few months away from launch. 

What else could 343 have realistically done to top what they showed? I agree the map looks aesthetically weird but besides that, unless you were expecting a gigantic overhaul since the last time we saw Arena gameplay it couldn't have got any better. 

What are you talking about lol? I never said the map looks aesthetically weird and I never said or implied I was expecting a gigantic overhaul. It could have gotten A LOT better since the last time we saw arena gameplay. I won't bother posting what they could have improved because we have been saying it for literally years now. Also before the release of a game is exactly when I expect my mind to be changed, hence why game devs show stuff before release, to get you to pre-order.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is this the settings for the invitational? I would like to see some more gameplay to make a better judgement. I would rather the dmr personally but its not like the h5 br is trash either. We get a decent weapon no matter whats chosen.

ar/pistol starts are the settings.

the h5 br isn't trash, but the aim assist is noticeably higher. even though the pistol outslays it in the hands of a skilled player, the ease of use makes it a viable map pickup given that it takes one less shot to kill.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Really? Forge is what's gonna make or break this?

Well, yeah.

Custom game settings to disable Sprint and other armor abilities, static weapon timers, and the general weapon balance already make it a better base game than Halo 4, which by itself, wasn't that bad.

If I don't like vanilla settings, I can easily camp a dedicated server playing customs 24/7.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So from what I can gather so far, There was a snowy map and a city for Warzone, and some kind of downtown China/Japanese map, and a construction map for Arena. Hope one of them is asymmetric, as we have 5 symmetric maps already.

ar/pistol starts are the settings.

the h5 br isn't trash, but the aim assist is noticeably higher. even though the pistol outslays it in the hands of a skilled player, the ease of use makes it a viable map pickup given that it takes one less shot to kill.

Wondering how long that starting set will last...

So from what I can gather so far, There was a snowy map for Warzone, and some kind of downtown China/Japanese map for Arena. Hope it's asymmetric, as we have 5 symmetric maps already.

We also have a Warzone map that takes place in a city. Kinf of reminds of Arcadia City in Halo Wars

• Upvote (+1) 1

They didn't mention MLG once during that gamescom presentation.. where exactly is it confirmed that MLG is taking Halo back??

7vEQVtx.png

• Upvote (+1) 2

Are you suddenly convinced it's a brilliant game from today? My opinion has been made up from months of news, forums posts, beta gameplay, map showcases. I was the one who was telling all my friends to give Reach a chance, then to give h4 a chance because I believed in 343 and then again to give mcc a chance (because even though H4 was terrible, how could they mess up ce/h2/h3 as they have already been made?).

Now it's their time to convince me. I want to like it but so far I'm just not impressed.

You may as well just wait until the game is out two weeks if you aren't sure about the game, especially after a beta. The only Halo game I didn't buy at launch was Halo 4 and I was rewarded for my patience as it ended up being a disappointment so I only rented it months after release and spared myself the disappointment that would have came with a purchase. If it turns out to be good then all you will miss out on is the initial excitement of release week and the practice and time other people will have over you but that won't matter much until you get placed in arena.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well, yeah.

Custom game settings to disable Sprint and other armor abilities, static weapon timers, and the general weapon balance already make it a better base game than Halo 4, which by itself, wasn't that bad.

If I don't like vanilla settings, I can easily camp a dedicated server playing customs 24/7.

Fair enough. I guess I don't really get how one can still be in the reserving judgment phase given everything that's been revealed so far.

Wondering how long that starting set will last...

longer than smg starts in halo 2 am rite? unless you still think that is the same thing....

One Hour 17 minutes in.

ok where do i watch this... im on my phone and the dam twitch app has nothing on halo whe i search

So halo 5 is rated t. Interesting.

I'm skeptical of what that means. I'm afraid that they will scale the content down to appeal to kids.

Fair enough. I guess I don't really get how one can still be in reserving judgment phase given everything that's been revealed so far.

I played the Beta and for the most part, I enjoyed it.

Them ruining customs like they did with Halo 4 would have a pretty large impact on how I'll judge the game.