CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Was hoping someone would ground pound with the flag. Map looked pretty cool though.

Live commentary of a game of CTF on an Arena map and an announcement of a 10000000 championship. How was that underwhelming?

The commentary, the gamemode/map and the prize money had nothing to do with why I said that. The game as a whole looks underwhelming.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Spectator mode still needs A LOT of work. We should see players gamertags, not clan tags. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

I'm not really sure what people were expecting to be honest. I thought that was pretty great.

Halo has never had that amount of emphasis on esports before.

Game is still gonna give me a headache to watch but I'm gonna give it a shot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Live commentary of a game of CTF on an Arena map and an announcement of a 10000000 championship. How was that underwhelming?

beats me, i was hype as fuck. guess we know where that cod money MS had went

I can't wait to see the complaints about a lack of BR use....so many tears to sip

lmao, right there with you brother. 

The commentary, the gamemode/map and the prize money had nothing to do with why I said that. The game as a whole looks underwhelming.

And you expected to suddenly like Halo 5 today? With the Halo 5 we have there literally couldn't have been a better presentation for us competitive guys.

Well, Halo FINALLY has a chance at becoming the esport it should have and could have been years ago. Interested to see the amount of CoD people who transition over. Formal was quick to hop back on board.

• Upvote (+1) 2

All I wanted was Forge.

Why can't we have Forge?

I hope we get to see full gameplays of that match

Spectator mode still needs A LOT of work. We should see players gamertags, not clan tags. 

It'd also be nice to see how we join spectator mode. It seemed spectator was there from the start of the match so hopefully it means it's something we can do in the pre game lobby like CoD

All I wanted was Forge.

Why can't we have Forge?

RTX is normally where they show forge.

so what was that about pistol starts being a race to get rifles?

I want to see a full match. Not snippets of a pre-recorded match. I would be fine if the pistol was a 4 shot. Lets make it happen.

Won't players be able to change their clantags to "Flamesword" so we dont have to see their gametag "Irongaming323"?

Won't players be able to change their clantags to "Flamesword" so we dont have to see their gametag "Irongaming323"?

Clan tags are limited to four characters.

Please tell me those player outlines were for spectator mode and won't actually be seen in-game.

spectator mode only

Please tell me those player outlines were for spectator mode and won't actually be seen in-game.

Bravo n' Simms said it's for spectate.

RTX is normally where they show forge.

RTX is this weekend. Aside from some people being there to support Grifballhub we're not getting anything big

I thought it was pretty obvious it was spectator

The map looks awesome but the overdesign is burning my eye's, its just waaaaaaay too much.

I wonder how many views this had? Regardless this was a great way for Halo esports to be introduced to a bunch of people I'm sure. It's kinda corny watching Simms and Bravo commentate pre-recorded gameplay while in stage but they did great and I can't think of a better way to show off competitive Halo to more people.

I thought it was pretty obvious it was spectator

I must have missed the explanation then. Wouldn't have been past 343 to make promethean vision a full-time spartan ability though.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm low key starting to regret my decision to not buy H5 on launch. The game looks hella fun, but I'm still sticking to my guns about buying the game used. 

I just watched that Fathom gameplay that came out last night. So happy that we don't have to hear "Slayer, control POWER WEAPONS to defeat the enemy team!" every single time a game of Slayer loads up

RTX is this weekend. Aside from some people being there to support Grifballhub we're not getting anything big

Hopefully we see forge soon then. Like within this month.

I'm low key starting to regret my decision to not buy H5 on launch. The game looks hella fun, but I'm still sticking to my guns about buying the game used. 

I just watched that Fathom gameplay that came out last night. So happy that we don't have to hear "Slayer, control POWER WEAPONS to defeat the enemy team!" every single time a game of Slayer loads up