CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Unless Formal goes with the Optic Name...I dont think he can just come back to Halo to play with whoever he wants.

Maybe he comes over to Halo as Optic Nation! 

anyone know where the gamescom stream is? 

YouTube, Xbox One, Xbox.com and Xbox 360

YouTube, Xbox One, Xbox.com and Xbox 360

Won't it also be on twitch and the halo channel?

Won't it also be on twitch and the halo channel?

The Xbox briefing?

Could be on Twitch but not on the Halo Channel

It's not a 1 million dollar tournament, it's for the first season of h5 HCS

My guess is:

4 125k lans

500k season finals

Probably best this way. Steady stream of prizemoney. Means if a team has a bad tournament they can put it behind them and go again next LAN.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think spreading the money out (over a season) would be wise. But right now it seems like people are running with the idea that it is a $1 mil event. I guess we will see.

I think spreading the money out (over a season) would be wise. But right now it seems like people are running with the idea that it is a $1 mil event. I guess we will see.

Keep in mind the pros literally know everything about this. The NY Times article only said one million dollars but the pros are tweeting the words 'tournament'.

Not long now.

Keep in mind the pros literally know everything about this. The NY Times article only said one million dollars but the pros are tweeting the words 'tournament'.

Not long now.

Yeah. I figured that was the case. Snipedown has been waiting on posting that. The idea of a single $1 mil event is better for headlines and promoting the event. Its also good that they are letting people know before the game even launches. CoD has yet to announce which console...and if its PS4, if Sony will put up the $1 mil.

But the longevity of the game is going to depend on if this game is any good. Unless MS just keeps throwing money at it. Both Ghosts and AW really fizzled out after their $1 mil events. The benefit CoD has is that every year, people just buy into the hype of the next game. Where as Halo probably has to wait 3 years for the next one.

corrupt mod moa

Who else did you think could make your rep that red?

#corruption

I agree that it would be best to spread the money out over numerous tournaments, but what if that's what they ARE doing, even with a single $1,000,000 tournament? I mean 1 mill is chump change to M$. I could see 4 LANs over 100k with a 1 million dollar final

If i wanted all the Old pro's back and try to Make Halo popular again then i would Happily Pay out 1 Million on 1 Tournament. 1 million is Peanuts to Microsoft.

If i wanted all the Old pro's back and try to Make Halo popular again then i would Happily Pay out 1 Million on 1 Tournament. 1 million is Peanuts to Microsoft.

Accurate. I'm excited to see where this takes halo. I hope formal isn't trolling etc. I think he's probably bored of cod by now anyway.

f8e56caf58415601654d0fd61e90d39e.png

Angry Mods  :kappa:

LOL, I'm sure they had a solid reason and I had to throw it back to 2013 #Predicted and all that kind of stuff.  (which they hated a lot and many others) :wub: Sorry guys. 

On a more serious note, i'm finally really excited for the future with halo and thats what yours truly  :ghost:  and I talked about in May while I was at 343.

--> All Aboard CLkPKs9UYAEfuNR.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

My prediction is that Ogre2 joins forces with Walshy, Darkman and Zyos to create Old Boss (Big Boss?). Cue old-fighters-painfully-getting-back-into-shape montage with The Protomen's Light Up the Night in the background.