CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Watching that gameplay I noticed flinch is still in the game. Didn't 343 say flinch was a "bug" during the beta and would be removed in the final build? It looks the same as the beta but toned down. As I recall, flinch had no impact on aiming in the beta and still doesn't judging by that video so I take it 343 just decided to keep the "bug" in the game? Lol.

I don't think it's "flinch" flinch. Like, there's a part, where Flamesword fights another user, AR to AR at 8:03. He's bodily flinching, but his reticle remains on target, rather than jumping around, as it was in the beta.

I don't think it's "flinch" flinch. Like, there's a part, where Flamesword fights another user, AR to AR at 8:03. He's bodily flinching, but his reticle remains on target, rather than jumping around, as it was in the beta.

Yeah I gathered flinch is put in for "immersion"                                                                                                                                                       emoticon-2868-src-5a7a81bb829e1a4c-28x28

Yeah I gathered flinch is put in for "immersion"                                                                                                                                                       emoticon-2868-src-5a7a81bb829e1a4c-28x28

I SEE THAT KAPPA.

How could flinch have been a bug? Even magnetism was as if it was trying to compensate for it.

I really don't like the way the pistol is right now, the smart scope on it looks awful and I just find it odd how it's a 5sk with 12 rounds per mag.  I also don't like the way it sounds and I don't think I'd want to listen to it when watching others play.

How could flinch have been a bug? Even magnetism was as if it was trying to compensate for it.

They probably left it in there to see how much the community would hate it.

Watching that gameplay I noticed flinch is still in the game. Didn't 343 say flinch was a "bug" during the beta and would be removed in the final build? It looks the same as the beta but toned down. As I recall, flinch had no impact on aiming in the beta and still doesn't judging by that video so I take it 343 just decided to keep the "bug" in the game? Lol.

Pretty sure the bug you're referring to was the weird pistol issue where you couldn't aim down if you were being shot.

The "flinch" in H5 is only visual.

this will be tough to type on my phone, but basically its this, unless they make the h5 pistol buffed exactly like the hce one... the game is gonna always come down to a race for rifles.

Id say more but i cant stand replying to losts on my phone and im at work and work blocks this site.

How is a race for rifles or any thing else bad?

I mean should we remove all pickups?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe explain to few of us who disagree instead of doing that^

Think about SMG starts. If you have to run to a certain spot that's not a power position off spawn you are basically a less of a threat off spawn. Having to run around and scavenge for a rifle pretty much guarantees you lose map control and it can snowball jut like we have seen with smgs. It may not be as severe but that is yet to be seen. It's a lot easier to keep spawn killing enemies when they have to take certain paths just to be on a level playing field.

Think about SMG starts. If you have to run to a certain spot that's not a power position off spawn you are basically a less of a threat off spawn. Having to run around and scavenge for a rifle pretty much guarantees you lose map control and it can snowball jut like we have seen with smgs. It may not be as severe but that is yet to be seen. It's a lot easier to keep spawn killing enemies when they have to take certain paths just to be on a level playing field.

uwotm8, because starting with the h5 pistol and an smg are even remotely the same thing kappa

with a viable utility weapon, none of those problems would exist. the playing field would already be level since the rifles are easier to use but the pistol is more deadly in the hands of a master.

• Upvote (+1) 1

uwotm8, because starting with the h5 pistol and an smg are even remotely the same thing kappa

with a viable utility weapon, none of those problems would exist. the playing field would already be level since the rifles are easier to use but the pistol is more deadly in the hands of a master.

Assuming it is more deadly, Here's what we're hoping

It never was actually 'flinch' as far as I am aware. It was just your weapon and HUD shaking pretty violently when you were shot. It could be described as 'flinching' but it wasn't the same as Flinch from Halo 4 that moved your reticle

and how long until someone is a "master"? Even pros don't 4 shot consistently in games they play for years. If the other weapons are so much easier than the pistol it's going to be all about which team has them. The skill difference between pistols and the other precision weapons can't be too big. The whole point of Halo is supposed to be that you spawn on equal footing as your enemy (unless they have power weaps and power ups which are won based on map control anyway. If the pistol is too hard to use it's gonna be a bad time.

Has anyone from 343 mentioned if they removed or altered that annoying as shit fairy sparkle sound when your shots land?

The audio cue for a kill was present in Warzone footage but the beeps for each shot seem to be removed.

• Upvote (+1) 2