CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

this will be tough to type on my phone, but basically its this, unless they make the h5 pistol buffed exactly like the hce one... the game is gonna always come down to a race for rifles.

Id say more but i cant stand replying to losts on my phone and im at work and work blocks this site.

it has a faster killtime than the br, dmr, and carbine? only reason people will run to get rifles is becuase they are easier to use and get kills with.

it has a faster killtime than the br, dmr, and carbine? only reason people will run to get rifles is becuase they are easier to use and get kills with.

I would only say the BR is the easy one to use, to be honest. 

That's exactly the issue. It'll be like H4 Valhalla with DMR kids sniping you across the map. Ease in long range is a huge factor.

Magnum only out-kills the BR and DMR at the moment. The Carbine, and probably Light Rifle, will out-kill the Magnum.

Aren't we supposed to be getting more Sprint episodes and a behind the scenes of Hunt the Truth?

We'll see more Sprint post-launch probably and Hunt the Truth is coming in September.

• Upvote (+1) 1

this will be tough to type on my phone, but basically its this, unless they make the h5 pistol buffed exactly like the hce one... the game is gonna always come down to a race for rifles.

It really depends on how well the pistol is balanced against the rifles. 343i is trying to give the full sandbox a place and a purpose while giving players utility off of spawn.

From what we know right now, a pistol user isn't completely screwed against rifles in terms of range and power. The rifles will have an advantage, but I think for the most part it's still going to come down to positioning. Someone can use a rifle to lock down map control and keep a power weapon spawn clear of opponents, but they're still going to have to be smart about it. It's not gonna be like the snowball of SMG/AR starts of Halos past where the first team to get a BR will automatically control the map due to sheer range.

This is pretty much all theory at this point, though, admittedly. In a perfect world, we'd have a smaller sandbox and a proper utility weapon, but if 343i can pull this off, it'll be interesting, at the very least. And if we're finding the sandbox to be too bloated, we have the ability to make Forge maps with a more concise array of weapons, if 343i's open to listening to the competitive community on this matter.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I sincerely wish I didn't have all day meetings tomorrow lol. I want to watch the freaking gamescom briefing but nooooo. I can't just be a good little nerd behind my desk and code. I have to be apart of some appraisal team training.

Staying off of here tomorrow until I watch it for myself lol.

Legend- wait for it -DARY!!!

Off-Topic, who is in your sig?

It looks like Sophie from Tales of Graces lol.

I know there is sprint, but do the maps really have to be that big? I dont see why they cant be scaled down a little.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I know there is sprint, but do the maps really have to be that big? I dont see why they cant be scaled down a little.

Because they need to scale the maps for sprint, which is there to make you travel around the maps faster, that are now bigger. It makes perfect sense man!
  • Upvote (+1) 3

I would only say the BR is the easy one to use, to be honest. 

the aiming clunkyness of the dmr has been removed post beta

That's exactly the issue. It'll be like H4 Valhalla with DMR kids sniping you across the map. Ease in long range is a huge factor.

none of the rifles have aim assist as heavy as the h4 dmr. aim assist and bullet mag have been toned down across the board so your concerns are without warrant. fact is pistol has the quicker kill time and the less aim assist makes it a weapon that's tough to master.

Magnum only out-kills the BR and DMR at the moment. The Carbine, and probably Light Rifle, will out-kill the Magnum.

i guess but the carbine and light rifle are semi power weapons so that is to be expected, especially with the light rifle.

the aiming clunkyness of the dmr has been removed post beta

none of the rifles have aim assist as heavy as the h4 dmr. aim assist and bullet mag have been toned down across the board so your concerns are without warrant. fact is pistol has the quicker kill time and the less aim assist makes it a weapon that's tough to master.

i guess but the carbine and light rifle are semi power weapons so that is to be expected, especially with the light rifle.

It's tough to master but it's kill time is barely better than the other precision weapons. That's what I am saying. If the reward is only a tad bit better kill time then it might be too inferior.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

It's tough to master but it's kill time is barely better than the other precision weapons. That's what I am saying. If the reward is only a tad bit better kill time then it might be too inferior.

1.47 and 1.53 to 1.2 is barely better? apparently not if 343 says it's consistently outslaying br's and dmr's

look at it like this, if a 1v1 where one casual has a br and the other a pistol, the br will win

take that same scenario except with pros and the pistol wins.

1.47 and 1.53 to 1.2 is barely better? apparently not if 343 says it's consistently outslaying br's and dmr's

there are many more factors that can make or break a weapon than just ttk. Zoom is a huge one. If the pistol scope doesn't have significantly more zoom than the beta there wil be a problem. Clip size is another issue.

Where are you getting these numbers? I've seen people say 1.4 for the Magnum, which is a minimal advantage and probably not worth the effort.

Where are you getting these numbers? I've seen people say 1.4 for the Magnum, which is a minimal advantage and probably not worth the effort.

someone here posted an analysis of the warzone multiplayer footage which confirmed the pistol is five shot. and i have heard nothing about the pistol being anywhere near 1.4.

there are many more factors that can make or break a weapon than just ttk. Zoom is a huge one. If the pistol scope doesn't have significantly more zoom than the beta there wil be a problem. Clip size is another issue.

true

someone here posted an analysis of the warzone multiplayer footage which confirmed the pistol is five shot. and i have heard nothing about the pistol being anywhere near 1.4.

true

I'm not knocking the fact that a pistol could start. In a perfect world all these other weapons would be gone and a pistol would work perfectly. 343 is just hell bent on adding a ridiculous amount of weapons.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not knocking the fact that a pistol could start. In a perfect world all these other weapons would be gone and a pistol would work perfectly. 343 is just he'll bent on adding a ridiculous amount of weapons.

Can't really blame 343i fully for something that Bungie started and endorsed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can't really blame 343i for something that Bungie started and endorsed.

Bungie didn't have a utility weapon problem though. Halo ce: pistol Hslo 2: BR/inferior carbine Halo 3: BR/inferior carbine Halo Reach: DMR/pistol (NBNS). The problem started with Halo 4.

Bungie didn't have a utility weapon problem though. Halo ce: pistol Hslo 2: BR/inferior carbine Halo 3: BR/inferior carbine Halo Reach: DMR/pistol (NBNS). The problem started with Halo 4.

Except the BR was a horrible "utility" (HEAVY quotations) weapon, any way you put it, and they didn't put Carbines ahead of the BR in any competitive areas, despite the latter being more consistent with a very close kill time to boot. The DMR was a START, and it took them 9 years to get there, but then they showed more of a screw up with bloom, further hampering it. 

The DMR in Halo 4, at least felt like a pseudo Magnum, and was a proper utility weapon (Lacking bloom, remaining consistent and quick to kill), but people thought it was "OP" and thus, 343i buffed the BR and everything else around it to cope (When seriously, it boils down to proper use).

• Upvote (+1) 3