CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Alright, If you guys remember when they announced another Halo at E3 last year they just called it HALO, my guess is there is not going to be a H2A but a prologue to Halo 5 just like they did with Metal Gear solid. Or another idea is that they will do something like GTA Online where The campaigns will be separated from the Multiplayer.   

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Does anybody else think the scope on the battle rifle on the poster looks like a red dot sight?

Yes, and it's scary as Hell; let's hope that it is just a redisegn of the weapon and not an actual attachment... even if i don't see how could we use a RDS without an ADS mechanic...

Alright, If you guys remember when they announced another Halo at E3 last year they just called it HALO, my guess is there is not going to be a H2A but a prologue to Halo 5 just like they did with Metal Gear solid. Or another idea is that they will do something like GTA Online where The campaigns will be separated from the Multiplayer.   

Agreed. Some people are a little too quick to jump to conclusions with these "omg halo 2 confirmed!!~" posts. 

I'm taking a I'll believe it when I see it approach to Halo 2. Not buying into any of this nonsense. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

After the PR mess that MS just went through? I have my doubts, not every publisher is as careless and shameless as Konami.

Can someone help me out in getting a H5G logo with a transparent background? You won't regret it

Agreed. Some people are a little too quick to jump to conclusions with these "omg halo 2 confirmed!!~" posts. 

I'm taking a I'll believe it when I see it approach to Halo 2. Not buying into any of this nonsense. 

It's not nonsense.

Hi! Here's why Halo 2 Anniversary is happening this year.

1. E3 2013 Announcement Trailer was worded weirdly - Halo on Xbox One, coming 2014. If Halo 5 was coming this year, they'd have said it then.
  2. We had already got some in-game footage for Halo 4 in March 2012 before the big E3 2012 reveal. We haven't heard anything about Halo 5 since the one piece of concept art featuring the Infinity a few months ago.
  3. We actually got a Halo 4 video about the music in
    too 
  4. The leaker spoke of some story details about Sunset Overdrive. The Gameinformer magazine covered Sunset Overdrive this month and it turns out the details were correct.
  5. The leaker said Titanfall's first DLC was dropping 45 days after launch. Titanfall released March 11th and it's first DLC is dropping sometime next month. Not exactly 45 days, but it's in the 45-60 day range. 
  6. The leaker obviously said Halo 2 Anniversary is coming this year, on November 11th (two days after the 10th anniversary). 
  7. This is me speculating, but Sabre Interactive - the company who 343 outsourced the Campaign side of Halo CEA to hasn't tweeted since July 2013. With CEA getting little over a year of dev time in which Certain Affinity produced 7 maps and Sabre re-skinned the entire Campaign, it would make sense they they started sometime in July or August to reskin the whole Campaign and Multiplayer for Halo 2: Anniversary. (The leaker said that CA and Sabre had been contracted again)
  8. A Titanfall console that the leaker posted a picture of turned out to be real and exclusive to the folks at Respawn Entertainment. 
  9. The leaker claimed Fable anniversary wasn't coming to Xbox One. Lionhead Studios still has no plans to release the game on Xbox One at this time.

I won't put this one on the list but Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary was revealed alongside Halo 4 at E3 2011. 343 talked about it non-stop each week until November 15th, 2011 and never spoke a peep about it beforehand. Expect similar treatment for Halo 2: Anniversary.

So once again, anyone expecting Halo 5 this year is blind. Brace yourselves, Halo 2 Anniversary is coming.

• Upvote (+1) 5

d2db99bbb5d5748ffb0c0c7fa5885605.png

Hahaha, The Arbiter looks the best, looks like he's holding a giant spiker.

The way people reacting absolutely is.

It's an unconfirmed fact at this point and today's news only makes the H2A rumors even more valid. They're excited because it's an exciting day for Halo fans. Don't see what the problem with any of the reactions here. These reactions are exactly what the Halo community needs. Embrace it!

• Upvote (+1) 4

Its fine to believe that maybe Halo 2 won't be done correctly. Or even that it won't have MP. But to think that it isn't happening...

035ostrich_468x538.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 4

Nope. Will not buy into the hype until more footage/details are released. Although I don't hate 343 or believe they will make a worse game than Reach or H4, I will not buy into the hype just yet. In fact i don't think i will at all until maybe the game releases and i get feedback about them from these forums.

I'm optimistic about the series though and hope 343 can turn it around.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Prediction for how this goes down.

Someone comes out and talks about Halo 5

We get a video maybe a small playthrough

People walk off stage and the venue goes black

H2A video starts playing

H2A Video talks about how it introduced people to Xbox Live blah blah.

Everyone goes mental.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Is it bad to be hyped for Halo 5: Guardians more than for Halo 2: Anniversary?

I think i should feel bad.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Is it bad to be hyped for Halo 5: Guardians more than for Halo 2: Anniversary?

I think i should feel bad.

How can you live with yourself?  :frank:

my roommate just texted me

Halo 5: This better not suck

i like that better

imo they need H2A to be this year and to be good to restore faith in the franchise, if H2A doesnt come out or they somehow fk it up the excitement for H5 wont be there and without another really really big exclusive between now and H5 release... the ps4 will be so far out in front microsoft will be crushed in market share

Sooo... was Halo 5 guardians the only reveal last night? Can someone link me all the details so I can fanboy out?

Also Dersky tweeted this out.

Dersky pls... make Halo good.

If they dont do it we will, 3-4 times and we will use all of them in our settings #mapvariety

Hmm.... How tragic...

So the way I see it, the competitive community sees Midship as an ultimate in competitive maps. But if they never saw midship, if it never existed, if there was another "ultimate competitive" map from earlier titles, they would remaking that one until we vomited it out our noses as well. Why can't they figure out new competitive designs from scratch? What's wrong with the competitive forgers that they can't see beyond midship?