CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

No.

You're letting the pretty visuals and art style get the best of you. If someone were to replicate that exact geometry in forge out of white blocks you'd realize how poor that would be as a map.

The only reason I really considered it because equal sides sort of. Little reminiscent of sanctuary.

GOW already has a p2p networking system though whereas H5 doesn't have any p2p systems.

Including proper LAN in H5 wouldn't be a case of simply asking MS to disable the LAN ping, they'd have to code a new networking system.

Exactly what we're "requesting"

Now THAT is a reason to pre-order a game!

Which I have just done. Fantastic news. Good job Coalition.

GOW already has a p2p networking system though whereas H5 doesn't have any p2p systems.

Including proper LAN in H5 wouldn't be a case of simply asking MS to disable the LAN ping, they'd have to code a new networking system.

No.

A game developed with a client/server networking architecture can have a player be the server. See any PC game. This is actually why I was confused when 343 said that the game didn't support player hosted games as that makes absolutely zero sense.

• Upvote (+1) 3

No.

A game developed with a client/server networking architecture can have a player be the server. See any PC game. This is actually why I was confused when 343 said that the game didn't support player hosted games as that makes absolutely zero sense.

343 doesn't understand networking. See: MCC party and session management.

• Upvote (+1) 3

This is amazing news, @@Sal1ent if this isn't included in h5 there will be riots.

You got to understand that work has to be done on the developer side to ensure LAN support is included in a game, and I think that's out of 343's depth.

You got to understand that work has to be done on the developer side to ensure LAN support is included in a game, and I think that's out of 343's depth.

The company that made the remaster, isn't that a brand new company, like that's their first game together? If that's the case, they did something 343 can't do right away... Bruh

Can they even do that with the lack of p2p?

Unless you had some weird system where you had an extra Xbox acting entirely as a dedicated server...?

They could even have a program/app for Windows 10 that can act as a dedicated server, even cellphone of today are powerful enough for a server program.

They clearly want to take the League of Lesbians route and clamp down on LAN play happening at "official" events only

This also forces the entire pro scene to move to one city to be able to get roughly LAN ping, so they don't have to pay for flights for the weekly Halo event as they can and will be expected to attend every one

Welcome to the state of modern gaming

• Upvote (+1) 1

They clearly want to take the League of Lesbians route and clamp down on LAN play happening at "official" events only

This also forces the entire pro scene to move to one city to be able to get roughly LAN ping, so they don't have to pay for flights for the weekly Halo event as they can and will be expected to attend every one

Welcome to the state of modern gaming

um....
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The company that made the remaster, isn't that a brand new company, like that's their first game together? If that's the case, they did something 343 can't do right away... Bruh

Not exactly a new company. All they did was change their name.

So apparently doom will not have equal starts or weapons on the map. It will feature two gun minimum load outs for mp and one equipment, also power ups have lengthy animations.

Whatever advantage doom had over h5 in terms of gameplay, is now gone.

So apparently doom will not have equal starts or weapons on the map. It will feature two gun minimum load outs for mp and one equipment, also power ups have lengthy animations.

Strange how fate works eh?

EDIT: Yeah I know some of us will think its funner than H5, your mileage may vary, etc. etc. sorry if I'm off-context.

It has weapons on maps, but they're extremely limited. I think the Quakecon demo only had a sniper rifle. A sniper that charged up while sprinting.

It has weapons on maps, but they're extremely limited. I think the Quakecon demo only had a sniper rifle. A sniper that charged up while sprinting.

is this demo viewable? I got my info from people who posted about it, but I haven't seen any new gameplay.

Not exactly a new company. All they did was change their name.

Black Tusk was a brand new studio that got changed to The Coalition when MSFT bought the rights to Gears of War.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Black Tusk was a brand new studio that got changed to The Coalition when MSFT bought the rights to Gears of War.

They didn't change to the Coalition straight away, it was only pretty recently actually.

They didn't change to the Coalition straight away, it was only pretty recently actually.

I mean when they got the rights to Gears, they hired Rod Ferg to run Black Tusk. That pretty much made them the Gears studio. The name change was just a formality.

Hunt the Truth S2 is about the only thing I can look forward to after this Neogaf debacle with Frankie... (yeah no you don't give 343i money to listen to an audio book miniseries on Tumblr, there's no involvement with the actual game itself...)

Hunt the Truth S2 is about the only thing I can look forward to after this Neogaf debacle with Frankie... (yeah no you don't give 343i money to listen to an audio book miniseries on Tumblr, there's no involvement with the actual game itself...)

...explain please.

...explain please.

I'll get over Frankie tearing down someone's criticism about a game I'm not supposed to be discussing (MCC) on this thread so it's not a real issue.

Like I got over other events in my life.

Hunt the Truth Season Two is on the month of my birthday but I kinda want the FOREWORD to release on August (I'm impatient on that respect). I might have missed some news so if anyone can enlighten me on that please do.