CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Hey guys what time is the reveal of h5? Im from europe italy...thanks

And we know who are the players?

Halofest will start 11 pm EST so I think that's 5 am in Italy? They're streaming Halo: Nightfall too, and the Beta stuff might come after that, not too sure though.

I was told "If you click on the halo fest count down on your xbox dashboard you'll see a spartan holding a battle rifle with no sight on it." Can someone confirm or deny this statement :)?

So, even after all that backlash, sprint is still in the game. Sigh.

Let's just hope that the unavoidable negativity that will arise during the beta as a result it's going to be enough to change their mind, and that map design isn't already damaged beyond salvation.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm anxiously awaiting Unyshek's review today. I have a small glimmer of hope that he will have positive words to share and I can safely step away from the ledge. I just want something to keep the hype going. Would be a real shame for it to fade again.

Quinn favorited this:

https://twitter.com/franktheshow/status/531461765096562688

What in god name would make us think 343 would sack up, swallow their pride and remove a mechanic that damn near single handily destroyed a franchise?

Oh wait nvm they think "timing issues" caused it.

It shouldn't surprise anyone that sprint is in h5 but being upset about it is clearly valid. Guy's a douche.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Quinn favorited this:

https://twitter.com/franktheshow/status/531461765096562688

What in god name would make us think 343 would sack up, swallow their pride and remove a mechanic that damn near single handily destroyed a franchise?

Oh wait nvm they think "timing issues" caused it.

I don't get it and I will never get it. The game won't sell more units with sprint in it, but they enrage their community (or parts of it) for no reason.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't get it and I will never get it. The game won't sell more units with sprint in it, but they enrage their community (or parts of it) for no reason.

h4 sold more than any other halo and the next one will do the same. You stamp halo on it its going to sell.

Clearly it's irrational to think that a developer would remove the mechanic that literally destroyed the franchise not even that long ago.

How silly of us to be upset about a purely negative scenario with absolutely no upside.

• Upvote (+1) 1

h4 sold more than any other halo and the next one will do the same. You stamp halo on it its going to sell.

It would have sold the same without sprint.

That was my point. It would have sold the same regardless of sprint. So why do they include sprint?

Okay I'm confused. They're doing the reveal of Halo 5 the night the MCC comes out. Not only that but late as shit too? wtf?

Right?  An hour before MCC comes out.  I guess if I was trying to sell a product I'd wait til the last second to show off my horrendous next project too.

Okay I'm confused. They're doing the reveal of Halo 5 the night the MCC comes out. Not only that but late as shit too? wtf?

I am wondering the same thing. To me it would have made more sense to reveal H5 yesterday, immediately after the finals of the invitational. There was a huge captive audience, and the tournament ended in the middle of prime time. They should reveal H5 no later than 11 PM EST tonight, otherwise a lot of people who are interested in Halo are going to be playing MCC, myself included.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just hate knowing that even if the outcry to remove sprint (or have a toggle) was big enough during the beta....the maps would already be ruined.

I want to watch Halo Fest, but there is no chance I will because MCC drops an hour after.. I am surprised they didnt have it start at like 5 today and have it run until the MCC release. Something is a little fishy bros. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I want to watch Halo Fest, but there is no chance I will because MCC drops an hour after.. I am surprised they didnt have it start at like 5 today and have it run until the MCC release. Something is a little fishy bros. 

Doesn't Halofest start at 11 est?

Lmao, I'm sorry but you guys are starting to sound like a religious cult. There's no conspiracy going on lol... It's a launch party for mcc... It goes till the launch...

My issues with all this are these:

- I never hated sprint because it was "a get out of jail free" mechanic; I mean yeah, that sucks, but the main reason I hated it is the same reason I hate double-jumping: it's requiring us to press a button just for the sake of pressing a button. It's madness. Spartans should already be running if they're in a heated gun-battle. Movement speed should be determined by intensity of the left-stick being pushed in whichever direction, not by button presses.

- ADS, whether "real ADS" or not, does not belong in Halo. You can talk all you want about "evolving the franchise", but that is not the way to do it. Evolve the way(s) we play the game, not how the game itself plays necessarily. Adding new features and such is fine, but core-mechanics should never be drastically changed on a whim.

This just doesn't look like Halo anymore,  I'm sorry. And not only that, but they brought back that fucking ugly, huge-ass Sniper model. Are you kidding me? Ugh. We thought they listened, but instead, they just gave us MCC for a year to shut us up, and now are doing the same thing with the new entry in the franchise that they did with Halo 4: adding in things from other games and assuring us it is "great".

My only hope is that they actually will listen when fans say ADS & sprint need to go. I doubt they will, as I think they're more apt to make small changes like weapon tuning and such rather than big/drastic changes, but I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Lmao, I'm sorry but you guys are starting to sound like a religious cult. There's no conspiracy going on lol... It's a launch party for mcc... It goes till the launch...

It's not really a conspiracy.  It's no secret that the reveal is going to piss a lot of people off.  

I saw Josh Holmes post on twitter saying the ADS is purely aesthetic. There's still descope, no hipfire penalty, and no penalty to movement when scoped. I have no idea how to put a tweet on here tho...

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's not really a conspiracy. It's no secret that the reveal is going to piss a lot of people off.

Nono... Not the reveal itself, people complaining that there's something fishy going on because it starts an hour before midnight of a game that launches at midnight. No conspiracy there.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly, there should be no rewards for getting kills other than getting the kills.....and medals for them. (AKA kill streaks, or powers or abilities that are tied to getting kills is completely broken and should never be in a truly competitive shooter).....that crap should never be in there. That's what compeltely breaks competitive games. What broke Halo 4. And what breaks most current shooters. I should never be at a disadvantage in a gun fight simply because you have killed a bunch of people. The medals/killing sprees are more than enough rewards. There should never be gameplay rewards for such things.

If these spartan abilities or powers are tied to kills in anyway, I will lose my mind. But I also don't want them to be on timers. Meh.....I'm VERY leery about these.

Prophets' Bane = Hammer of Dawn, confirmed

So it's the Halo Wars Prophet's Y-Button?  Does this mean it'll get nerfed in the first patch, again?