CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Yeah just rewatched it

and It's not a scarab though it looks like one of those covenant vehicles that has legs like a scarab or harvester(?) but I think the Halo 5 demo was hinting the possbilities of those kinds of boss fights

Oh yeah, that thing. It could be like a higher tier Scarab. 343 recently revealed that their are nine tiers of Excavators that the Covenant use. 

Scarabs are Tier Four

The Harvester from Halo 4 was Tier Five

The Locusts from Halo Wars were Tier One

I imagine that thing from Halo 5 is Tier Seven or so.

I'm excited to see a Tier 9.

We didn't even get to "beat his ass" his downfall was a QTE sequence which I was upset about at first 

After of what He composed that =Nice Old Lady at the space station

Wasn't even his downfall, he fell directly into a slipspace portal and his story was continued in Halo Escalation's 72 Hours Later arc which covered the next 72 hours of Chief post-Halo 4. Great arc, would recommend. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh yeah, that thing. It could be like a higher tier Scarab. 343 recently revealed that their are nine tiers of Excavators that the Covenant use. 

Scarabs are Tier Four

Wasn't even his downfall, he fell directly into a slipspace portal and his story was continued in Halo Escalation's 72 Hours Later arc which covered the next 72 hours of Chief post-Halo 4. Great arc, would recommend.

the didactic seemed so wasted to me.

It still baffled me that people would make huge deal out of the fact that Halo 2: Anniversary's Campaign would not be in 1080p because of the rewind feature. So what if it is not in 1080p? It still runs at much better framerate, and has a much better resolution, so it is really stupid and pointless to complain about it. Hell, that is not even complaining, because it is not constructive at all.

Framerate is way more important than more pixels occupying the screen, and that is what people should be concerned about, as framerate actually affects how the game is played

It's just bias console fans that are attempting to over-exaggerate something so they can win their e-arguments.

Halo 2 Anniversary, Bugs Aside, was a nice step up from the dry-eyed and 'oldbaby' face ridden mess that was Combat Evolved Anniversary...

Halo 2 Anniversary, Bugs Aside, was a nice step up from the dry-eyed and 'oldbaby' face ridden mess that was Combat Evolved Anniversary...

Can I be the first to ask from which orface of yours do you pull some of these posts out of?

• Upvote (+1) 1

We didn't even get to "beat his ass" his downfall was a QTE sequence which I was upset about at first

Man, I remember getting to the end of Fable 2 expecting this awesome Boss battle like Fable 1.....

Nope QTE

Incredibly off topic, but batman vs superman looks fucking awesome.

Just had to say it.

On topic: I'm hoping the campaign is longer than halo 4s. Halo 2 length would be fine, as long as it isn't tedious.

That trailer had me too hype. Suicide Squad teaser was pretty good too.

@@Sal1ent

This is for the sake of curiosity. 

Is it possible, in the future to show some real life gameplay examples of what were to happen if the game ran at 30fps? Like how bungie shown some Halo Bloopers are PAX or something?

Really curious as to the specific H5 problems you guys have encoutered at 30fps.

Scarabs are Tier Four

Omg Yes! That is awesome lore building right there

the didactic seemed so wasted to me.

I don't know the exact reason but this is what kinda felt too 

especially in H4 his Introduction was one of the most amazing Villain intro in any games period for me...

He was so intimidating making chief look like a dwarf at the Force choke scene plus I love how he talked

then he just kinda died, I think I wanted to see him do more or be personal to the Chief more.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Man, I remember getting to the end of Fable 2 expecting this awesome Boss battle like Fable 1.....

Nope QTE

Sounds painful, especially since it's a Rpg Action Adventure Game and It's Fable

Hmm so SDCC is over now and no Raid on Apex 7 gameplay was revealed. I liked the Mega Blocks reveal, but was really thinking they'd release a video of a full game a little later. Maybe they are still working on the map

I'm still waiting for this to happen

WtAiWhA.jpeg

I was wondering when these cool features would be implemented. The Halo Channel needs an update with stats, forum support, and a weekly schedule of halo content. Partnering with youtubers and machinima makers wouldn't be a bad idea for The Halo Channel. Also that shit shouldn't be as clunky as it is.

I liked the scope of H1. Its like ALMOST free roam but like not really....thats what I've been missing.

#H1masterrace

• Upvote (+1) 1

I liked the scope of H1. Its like ALMOST free roam but like not really....thats what I've been missing.

For a 2001 game, I'd say it was pushing the boundaries of what free roam is. Even more so considering that it's a FPS and not an RPG or something along those lines. Back in the day, I've spent a lot of time wandering around with the warthog both on Halo (mission) and The Silent Cartographer. It took me some time to realize I was driving in circles the first time around but I still had so much fun.

Assault on the Control Room also is one my all-time favorites. The mood of that level is just awesome overall.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Assault on the Control Room also is one my all-time favorites. The mood of that level is just awesome overall.

Nailing that glitch to skip enemy AI loading sequence took me too long to pull off. But it was so much worth it for Legendary completion.

Call me a scrub for doing it, still one of the funnest tricks in CE as I just appreciated the atmosphere of that level regardless if I were fighting or not.

On-Topic: I'm hoping Halo 5's campaign has a little more wiggle room for speedrunning. I felt some of the levels in Halo 4 were gimped to lock down speed runs.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Nailing that glitch to skip enemy AI loading sequence took me too long to pull off. But it was so much worth it for Legendary completion.

Call me a scrub for doing it, still one of the funnest tricks in CE as I just appreciated the atmosphere of that level regardless if I were fighting or not.

On-Topic: I'm hoping Halo 5's campaign has a little more wiggle room for speedrunning. I felt some of the levels in Halo 4 were gimped to lock down speed runs.

That glitch is awesome and I actually nailed it pretty quickly. The glitch that gave me major issues was the Keyes bump on the level Keyes. Holy crap that one is annoying. Still was better than dealing with all those flood I guess though lol

@@Sal1ent

I know it might be a bit late to add in but it would be cool if Warzone brought back the "spawning on your bro" feature from Halo Reach's Invasion but instead of 2 man squads, maybe four 3 man squads on both teams?

An even cooler thing that can be done is the potential of making each squad a shade of the team color they are on like Invasion had during the Reach beta:

e4d2eaae8e048ec8aa0b2618c5f9d0cf.png

Red can be, basing it off the colors in the Master Chief Collection, Maroon, Brick, Rose, and maybe Rust. Blue can be Blue, Cobalt, Ice, and maybe one of the greenish blues. The player models don't even need to be a different color but maybe some indication on the leaderboard labeling each squad like Brick Squad, Cobalt Squad, etc?

Another thing that can be added is a list of your squadmates like in Battlefield and the Halo Reach campaign:

6f8e6587955c5c4139fa61e3ec9cf6e7.png

To stay with the campaign style, I would vote for 4 players in a squad. 

Plus the fact, 3 bases, 3 teams. 

Small 4v4 battles in each base/section.

Omg Yes! That is awesome lore building right there

I don't know the exact reason but this is what kinda felt too 

especially in H4 his Introduction was one of the most amazing Villain intro in any games period for me...

He was so intimidating making chief look like a dwarf at the Force choke scene plus I love how he talked

then he just kinda died, I think I wanted to see him do more or be personal to the Chief more.

your in luck, didact aint dead in the comics

Halo 4 is a pretty good speed game with quite a few tricks to be honest, the only downside is that it is pretty easy to speedrun in comparison to the other Halos.