CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

guy listen....at least we have...

....I got nothing

always wanted to play COD on Midship....

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I know MCC will make me happy for a year and if Unreal Tournament 4 doesn't suck I think I can live another day even if Halo 5 does suck.

please please god..let the ADS be aesthetic and that u could turn it back to its original form with a toggle

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why is the biggest issue for everyone ads? Sprint is is the first two shots in the chest to put us down. Ads is just the headshot that adds insult to injury.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why are people saying 'We back' when you can quite clearly see that sprint is in the game. Imo this is the biggest deal breaker of the lot.

MCC is likely the last halo game I will buy and I imagine many other old school halo guys will feel the same. It's clear the direction that 343i is going, the reasons don't matter. It would just be a sad experience to play after such classics with 343i showing that they're nothing but 100% copy cats when it comes to making their own game. They haven't demonstrated any creative ability as a studio and their top management team is clearly incompetent or doesn't give a fuck and is being led by the suits. This isn't halo anymore, a decent halo game and I'm being very liberal here, hasn't come out in 7 years. New good halo games are and have been dead. The studio that owns halo is hell bent on turning it into nothing but cod/titan fall/halo without even trying to hide it. Good bye future halo.

• Upvote (+1) 4

this is still the best thing to come out of today

haloisdeadads21ds80.gif

my sides

Jesus Christ...ADS....Sprintship...# :weback: right guys?

inbe4 ADAPT

Tbh I could care less about ADS, Doesn't look so bad as everyone is making it out to be. I'm more disappointed that there is Sprint, and some type of spartan ability like thrust, and etc still. Meh It was to be expected though haha. I'll be happy with MCC though :D

• Upvote (+1) 1

The great thing about dev support is that H:MCC is going to be abandoned for a "halo" game with ADS and sprint.

I think people are also forgetting that we see a br, so spread is pretty much confirmed as well.

343 arent going to make the same "mistake" bungie did with the H2 BR.

Also concerning ADS, even if it has no effect on movement the fact they went out of their way to make it more like certain other shitty military shooters shows they dont "get it".

Edit:

Also I saw there were a few more leaked vids besides the first one but I havent found any working links for those.

Anyone have a working link?

• Upvote (+1) 2

The great thing about dev support is that H:MCC is going to be abandoned for a "halo" game with ADS and sprint.

I think people are also forgetting that we see a br, so spread is pretty much confirmed as well.

343 arent going to make the same "mistake" bungie did with the H2 BR.

Also concerning ADS, even if it has no effect on movement the fact they went out of their way to make it more like certain other shitty military shooters shows they dont "get it".

H4 BR didn't have much spread, and the H2A BR had next to none. So you're wrong on that one.

"Getting it" has nothing to do with aesthetic decisions. Gameplay is what matters.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is it only me who enjoyed Halo 4? It might be because I haven't really played much H3 and never played H2.

Is it only me who enjoyed Halo 4? It might be because I haven't really played much H3 and never played H2.

:lxthul:

:goldenboy: Hype 

Mmm I think we all know Goldenboy will be extremely positive about it.  I'm more interested in seeing what someone more critical will the think of it, such as some of the BtH members, or Beyond Staff.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The new sprinting reticle seems to suggest you're supposed to charge, like the Italian leak and the teaser suggested. Combine this with sprint apparently being slower in relation to default speed, and the problem of sprint being an easy-to-use defensive ability seems to have been dealt with to some degree. Now that our ADS worries are gone, what do people think of this?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

The new sprinting reticle seems to suggest you're supposed to charge, like the Italian leak and the teaser suggested. Combine this with sprint apparently being slower in relation to default speed, and the problem of sprint being an easy-to-use defensive ability seems to have been dealt with to some degree. Now that our ADS worries are gone, what do people think of this?

Maps will still suffer.  But I'll reserve my full judgement until tomorrow.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'll join you.

10805850_943719495655958_692294815898788

1080p but not 60fps? 343 touts this for MCC like it isn't commonplace in tons of PC games. I'm 100% certain they will mention it.

When MCC launches, play 10 straight matches of Halo 2 and then a match of Halo 4 and you'll see why.

Watching the MCC invitational last night did make me realise that stripping the game down back to basics makes it look a lot more competitive and not so CoD like.

stinkles on GAF is Frank O'Connor. he posted the quote above, but not the others that popped up in the halo 5 thread that were from twitter. 

well fuck

H4 BR didn't have much spread, and the H2A BR had next to none. So you're wrong on that one.

"Getting it" has nothing to do with aesthetic decisions. Gameplay is what matters.

Sounds like you've never played halo 4 then. Just because its hitscan doesnt mean it didnt have much spread.

And I also like how you can conclude that the h2a br has "next to no spread", when spread isn't something you can easily just spot in seen footage.

Yes it looks like it has low spread, but unless you have actually run some simple " how many shots does it take to kill a player at x distance on average" tests you really cant say it.

And yes getting it has EVERYTHING to do with "aesthetic decisions".

Obviously if we would be getting actual halo and it would be good but they made it look 100% like CoD, then it wouldn't really matter.

The fact they didnt get rid of sprint tells me its not going to be good.

But the fact is we are slowly but surely going towards Halo: Generic Warfare, and everything that serves zero purpose except to draw in CoD players tells me they have lost sight of what they need to do to make it good.

You can keep on defending their decision and buy halo 5, but remember the only reason anything ever got changed was because of endless complaining.

Obviously mindless " f*ck you 343" isjnt going to accomplish anything, but I'm not talking about that.

If everyone still goes ahead and buys halo 5 I wouldn't be surprised if we see a pelican gunner raking up kills for you while you crouch in mauler of Pit remake #4 in Halo 6 ( I wish I was joking, but that honestly seems on the cards right now)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah GoldenBoy is going to sugarcoat his feedback as much as possible, I want to see a actual pro like Naded or someone rip 343 a new one cause this is ridiculous. 

• Upvote (+1) 1