CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

The only crime regarding that announcement is that 343 is still partnering with MegaBlocks instead of Lego.

If I remember correctly, Lego does not wish to be associated with M-rated/R-rated content, which is why Halo had to go with Mega Bloks instead.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well sadly at that time in my life I had no Xbox but I just don't feel like using the XBox One which is a joke of a console.

Also I am done playing stupid fucked up collections that do not work like they should even if they released 8 months ago.

And even if all this is no reason for you, you should agree that playing on hosts in the year 2015 is a joke.

I decided to switch to PC because there is no hope for consoles. Good luck with that constant 60 fps lmao.

I own both a gaming PC and an XBO and I hope to pick up a PS4 at some point.

You're shutting yourself off by picking only one platform.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well sadly at that time in my life I had no Xbox but I just don't feel like using the XBox One which is a joke of a console.

Also I am done playing stupid fucked up collections that do not work like they should even if they released 8 months ago.

And even if all this is no reason for you, you should agree that playing on hosts in the year 2015 is a joke.

I decided to switch to PC because there is no hope for consoles. Good luck with that constant 60 fps lmao.

I got 60 on H1 so thats all I care about

Consoles still have a place, Don Mattrick is just a fool

• Upvote (+1) 4

I got 60 on H1 so thats all I care about

Consoles still have a place, Don Mattrick is just a fool

Well newer games always set their settings high to look like "next gen" and that is just not working on the given hardware.  Console games almost never have an option to switch to lower graphic settings to keep the FPS on 60 or even higher.

Ever tried to play Witcher 3 on Console? The framedrops are real which makes it hard to play.

But guess what? It needs super awesome graphics that you can't choose to not play on because it is so next gen and immersion is more important than gameplay.

Another example would be Relic. Unplayable map but the looks were more important as it seems.

Well newer games always set their settings high to look like "next gen" and that is just not working on the given hardware.  Console games almost never have an option to switch to lower graphic settings to keep the FPS on 60 or even higher.

Ever tried to play Witcher 3 on Console? The framedrops are real which makes it hard to play.

But guess what? It needs super awesome graphics that you can't choose to not play on because it is so next gen and immersion is more important than gameplay.

Another example would be Relic. Unplayable map but the looks were more important as it seems.

Witcher is a poor example. The game may look better at 60, but it never drops below 25 on Xbone, which is fine for a non competitive RPG.

Certain Affinity are a bad studio anyways

Witcher is a poor example. The game may look better at 60, but it never drops below 25 on Xbone, which is fine for a non competitive RPG.

Certain Affinity are a bad studio anyways

Well I just feel like PC is the way to go to play competitive games.

Playing shooters on 125+ FPS feels way better and the most competitive shooters are on PC anyways...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Exclusives.

Sure developers want to force you to play on consoles with their exclusive titles because they know that the PC is better anyways so they need another source to keep people buying consoles.

But these titles are not for me anyways.

Well I just feel like PC is the way to go to play competitive games.

Playing shooters on 125+ FPS feels way better and the most competitive shooters are on PC anyways...

you mean CS is on PC.  A competitive shooter is on PC. Granted, it is also the competitive shooter. and personally i find it boring as fuck to watch.

most people cannot get 125 FPS with their pc with any game released within the past 3 years even if they are only playing at 1080.  Nevermind if all the graphics settings are up to "Ultra" and playing on what PC gamers seem to think is a "More acceptable" 2560 resolution. and most people don't have the super-fast 120 or 144 Hz monitors that you need to take advantage of anything over 60 FPS anyway.  The PC Master Race is alive and well and i envy the machines they have, but i can either spend 500 bucks on a console and be set for a few years at least, or spend $500 a year to keep up with the jones's on PC, gaming at 100+ FPS, and bragging about how big my PC's proverbial dick is.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Sure developers want to force you to play on consoles with their exclusive titles because they know that the PC is better anyways so they need another source to keep people buying consoles.

Exclusives helps bring in competition in the video game market. More Competition = more incentive to improve your service.

Xbox One would have been even more of a flop if it didn't have DRM free competition.

well PC has its own "exclusives", the difference being that these are for hardware purposes and not because they're obligated by a contract in most cases. Don't forget consoles are simply much easier to operate, not to mention a controller, which is personal preference. This generation of consoles has been lackluster in general, hopefully the next generation will provide us with great specs out the gate, and be a little more flexible, without losing the simplicity and reliability.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

This is why you're shutting yourself off.

As much as I enjoy CS:GO and LOL, I also like Halo and the Uncharted.

I would never have known how much I liked the two if I kept the PC Elitist mindset.

Saying that "these titles are not for me anyways" is basically telling yourself that you aren't interested in console games because you don't have a console.

It's a logical fallacy.

I was the same way for a few years, and nothing good came out of it. I missed a lot of good games because of that way of thinking.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not gonna lie, the music in that megablocks video is amazing.

Something on topic in the H5 thread? Maybe we won't end up like HaloGAF after all!

• Upvote (+1) 3

Something on topic in the H5 thread? Maybe we won't end up like HaloGAF after all!

>Moderate lightly, people complain

-Moderate heavily, people complain

fYYanMF.gif

• Upvote (+1) 6

you mean CS is on PC.  A competitive shooter is on PC. Granted, it is also the competitive shooter. and personally i find it boring as fuck to watch.

most people cannot get 125 FPS with their pc with any game released within the past 3 years even if they are only playing at 1080.  Nevermind if all the graphics settings are up to "Ultra" and playing on what PC gamers seem to think is a "More acceptable" 2560 resolution. and most people don't have the super-fast 120 or 144 Hz monitors that you need to take advantage of anything over 60 FPS anyway.  The PC Master Race is alive and well and i envy the machines they have, but i can either spend 500 bucks on a console and be set for a few years at least, or spend $500 a year to keep up with the jones's on PC, gaming at 100+ FPS, and bragging about how big my PC's proverbial dick is.

I feel you as I think that CS is boring but games like UT, Toxikk, Quake and Reflex are a really nice base of competitive shooters that just shit on everything console games have gameplay wise. Also don't forget the MOBAS and RTS games on PC those can be quite competitive too.

Also don't act like people just have good PCs to use it as their dick size since you can just have a PC because you enjoy PC gaming.

Exclusives helps bring in competition in the video game market. More Competition = more incentive to improve your service.

Xbox One would have been even more of a flop if it didn't have DRM free competition.

On the one hand competition is nice but I feel like M$ and Sony are pushing these exclusive titles pretty hard to come up with more of them and with that philosophy the games are going to suck anyways.

well PC has its own "exclusives", the difference being that these are for hardware purposes and not because they're obligated by a contract in most cases. Don't forget consoles are simply much easier to operate, not to mention a controller, which is personal preference. This generation of consoles has been lackluster in general, hopefully the next generation will provide us with great specs out the gate, and be a little more flexible, without losing the simplicity and reliability.

Consoles are trying to hard to keep up with PC using the highest graphic settings that work on their hardware while sacrificing a fluid experience.

And yeah consolesare easier but PC gaming still isn't rocket science.

This is why you're shutting yourself off.

As much as I enjoy CS:GO and LOL, I also like Halo and the Uncharted.

I would never have known how much I liked the two if I kept the PC Elitist mindset.

Saying that "these titles are not for me anyways" is basically telling yourself that you aren't interested in console games because you don't have a console.

It's a logical fallacy.

I was the same way for a few years, and nothing good came out of it. I missed a lot of good games because of that way of thinking.

There is no logic fallacy since I know which games I like and those are not on console anymore since Halo is far from its original feeling with titles like Halo 5 that feel like every oher modern shit shooter that I don't like.

I guess I know which games I like and consoles don't have these tbh.

• Upvote (+1) 3

>Moderate lightly, people complain

-Moderate heavily, people complain

fYYanMF.gif

im not complaining though hahaha, just don't understand why certain people keep coming back after claiming they have moved on

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not gonna lie, the music in that megablocks video is amazing.

sounded like Star Wars to me, not very halo esque overall.

Okay, so, I've been on a lore binge for halo recently, hunt the truth is amazing, can't wait for more, but then I watched nightfall, good lord what a boring, terribly written series that was, the dialogue was some of the worst I've ever heard, not to mention the inconsistencies with the worms throughout the thing. Even the action was bad.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel you as I think that CS is boring but games like UT, Toxikk, Quake and Reflex are a really nice base of competitive shooters that just shit on everything console games have gameplay wise. Also don't forget the MOBAS and RTS games on PC those can be quite competitive too.

Also don't act like people just have good PCs to use it as their dick size since you can just have a PC because you enjoy PC gaming.

On the one hand competition is nice but I feel like M$ and Sony are pushing these exclusive titles pretty hard to come up with more of them and with that philosophy the games are going to suck anyways.

Consoles are trying to hard to keep up with PC using the highest graphic settings that work on their hardware while sacrificing a fluid experience.

And yeah consolesare easier but PC gaming still isn't rocket science.

There is no logic fallacy since I know which games I like and those are not on console anymore since Halo is far from its original feeling with titles like Halo 5 that feel like every oher modern shit shooter that I don't like.

to be fair, halo is pretty unique fps ( the old ones atleast) and the console experience for halo is better on xbox than on pc imo. This is a halo forum so what would u expect from halo fans lol.

That is a logical fallacy.

How will you know if you like a game if you don't play them?

For instance, I never thought I would like Uncharted until I had the chance to play it.

so, you think that Halo 5 has more CoD mechanics than Halo 4 then...??

Putting words into my mouth it seems...

and yes Ignore the fact that I have other complaint other than the game being cod

and so what? Halo 5 maps still are pretty big for an arena shooter and every weapon in the damn game have ADS now.

It's certainly a unique way to reveal it, with gameplay following short after.

A small tease and then a big reveal is much better than nothing.

Sorry not this time 

The reveal was underwhelming for me as I do not care about the toys (megablocks or Action figures)

It just reminded me of the Halo 5 demo whereas everyone was just like "alright" probably because we already knew about the new gameplay features because of those GI articles so what's their to be surprised about?

to be fair, halo is pretty unique fps ( the old ones atleast) and the console experience for halo is better on xbox than on pc imo. This is a halo forum so what would u expect from halo fans lol.

I agree. Halo was a quite unique game back in the day. And yeah this a Halo forum but I am just saying that Halo 5 doesn't feel like Halo anymore for me. If people still want to support a developer that just fucks up Halo more and more with every title by stealing features of other big console shooters I am fine with that.

I just don't want to play such a broken clusterfuck anymore because I can't enjoy it at all.

That is a logical fallacy.

How will you know if you like a game if you don't play them?

For instance, I never thought I would like Uncharted until I had the chance to play it.

Dude what kind of troll are you?

Just because it worked for you that doesn't mean that I will all of a sudden enjoy games that I never played...

I don't like story games and I only play competitive first person arena shooters.

I have tried enough of all the other stuff to make sure that it is just boring for me.

• Upvote (+1) 2