CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

https://youtu.be/To4Tx3FG6zs?t=98

There are some drops (down to the low 40's) prior to that 'QTE' but it remains a full 60 during the entire thing.

I used it as an example for a QTE, not as an example of FPS drops, because Meanbean claimed that no such thing exists in H5

I used it as an example for a QTE, not as an example of FPS drops, because Meanbean claimed that no such thing exists in H5

that's not a QTE or interactive scene, just a scripted event.

fucking LMAO. They ditch split screen because "60 FPS at all times" and even in their own E3 gameplay demo the framerate dips to 48 during quick time events.

Huh?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Huh?

What? I didn't say the FPS drops EVERY TIME a QTE happens.

And now go to 1:14 in this video and tell me that the FPS didn't drop during that QTE/interactive cutscene/scripted event/ #immersionisover9000

This also explains the shitload of motion blur during these events. Not only for cinematic effect, but mostly to cover up the FPS drops.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm not sure you know what a QTE is...

A QTE needs to have some form of interactive element and it's usually possibly to fail them. That had neither of those aspects.

I'm not sure you know what a QTE is...

A QTE needs to have some form of interactive element and it's usually possibly to fail them. That had neither of those aspects.

So? I'm not sure you understood what my post was actually about so I'm gonna break it down for you:

• 343i ditched split screen to ensure stable 60 FPS.
  • People analyze 343i's E3 gameplay, FPS is all over the place

You don't see anything wrong with that?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So? I'm not sure you understood what my post was actually about so I'm gonna break it down for you:

I'm not saying anything about the framerate, just that there aren't any quick time events.

Wait till the final game to complain about a non 60fps lock.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Dude all the big concole titles promise 60 FPS but none of them can hold 60 FPS on a constant basis.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Seriously tho I'm praying we get some kind of quit/ban system like the do in CS so quitters get queue time outs/deranked/neg reppped, I would like to see betrayal penalties, quit penalties, AFKers getting a count down to kick timer and also even a choice to forfeit the game if 1/2 people on you're team quit so both sides of the game can get it over and done quickly but it also wouldn't affect your rank.

I want this to be a thing too, but the way MCC did it is so bad. Using the actual XBL rep system leaves room for so much abuse since people can file baseless reports against players they dislike. It should be an in-game system that tracks how often you quit, how much damage your do to your teammates on average, how much time spent AFK, etc. and people should be hit with increasingly punishing bans, like 24 hours from all Matchmaking at first, then 48 hours, then a week long. If you're still a shit head after that, then you get a permanent ban, and that's it.

Also there should definitely be a surrender option after teammates quit out (not if the full team is still in, take the loss like a man and play until the end) but it should still affect your rank like a normal loss. Otherwise people would just make one person on their team of 4 quit out and have the rest of the team forfeit.

Dude all the big concole titles promise 60 FPS but none of them can hold 60 FPS on a constant basis.

Yeah but they don't use it as an excuse to cut split screen.

Yeah but they don't use it as an excuse to cut split screen.

That might be true but since 60 FPS was a lie from the beginning I am not too shocked about that.

I mean they showed many times (MCC!) that they can do whatever they want because people will throw their money at them anyways...

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

They should definitely have some kind of concede system and a quit system. It is pretty annoying when teammates quit and you are then placed with the choice of finishing out a crappy man down game that is not much fun for either side or quitting then possibly getting quit banned. The option to concede would save so much time and boredom.

If they can't even keep a stable 60 fps, how the hell are they supposed to get split-screen playable lol??? I agree that it's a very sad situation, but what they're saying is obv true. It's not an "excuse". 

This is one of the times that I wish I was in that parallel universe right now...

Getting excited to get my hands on a 60fps 1080p Halo with 4 player Splitscreen 

I'd imagine the game isn't gold for a reason...

Halo 5 isn't gold because there are still four months left to go. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

my point exactly, there's still shit they have to do, which is why frame dips in an e3 demo aren't surprising.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

my point exactly, there's still shit they have to do, which is why frame dips in an e3 demo aren't surprising.

Wording made it seem you were insinuating a different reason

Now... if the game is gold, and the game has issues running at 60fps... oh boy.

it would certainly say something about why they cut split screen.

If the game is not a stable 60, OR 1080p, we riot.

You mean 3 months.

You mean 3 months.

Technically but if we're rounding, it's a lot closer to four months than three months.

• Upvote (+1) 1