CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

This is a solid question and maybe we can start a discussion around this design.  Do you feel that the spawn times of those weapons should be swapped?  Sniper at 2min and Rocks at 3min?  

Looking forward to hearing back.  Thanks.

first off, the rockets should never spawn faster than the snipers. It's very backwards when looking at the history of halo spawn times. Also, the sniper is a good counter to rockets so not having one available when the easiest weapon to use is in play isn't good for the game.

Snipers - 1 min

Rockets - 2 min

Keep players moving around the map. 3 min timers do nothing but make players sit on their sides of a map for mins on end and it's boring to play/watch. I don't want to see another halo game turn into another rifle fest. It's boring. With all the movement options available in this game and sprint, players are going to survive much longer than they have in any other halo game...power weapons need to be in play a lot quicker to give players much better chances to get kills or it's going to be 10 min slayers on avg because the "rifle fest" isn't as effective in acquiring kills.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Snipers - 1 min

Rockets - 2 min

Why not just make everyone spawn with a sniper?

• Downvote (-1) 3

Why not just make everyone spawn with a sniper?

Because that's exactly what fast timers do....right? do yall play anything other than halo 3? How is 1 min timers going to allow all 8 players to get a sniper....are we going to stand and watch every single player on the blue team grab sniper without challenging them? do these guns all have unlimited ammo? So plz....do explain how faster timers will allow everyone in the game to have a sniper.

Rarely....and I mean RARELY...RARELY...as in never do you see all 4 players in CE game with sniper and the gun spawns every 30 seconds and most of these maps allow players to have better success grabbing the gun than most halo games. So you're telling me on a map with 8 players, you're going to see all 8 players with a sniper? Interesting.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Because that's exactly what fast timers do....right? do yall play anything other than halo 3? How is 1 min timers doing to allow all 8 players to get a sniper....are we going to stand and watch every single player ob the blue team grab sniper without challenging them? do these guns all have unlimited ammo? So plz....do explain how faster timers will allow everyone in the game to have a sniper.

Rarely....and I mean RARELY...RARELY...do you see all 4 players in CE game with sniper and the gun spawns every 30 seconds. So you're telling me on a map with 8 players, you;re going to see all 8 players with a sniper?

rekt

*sits in team base and waits 3 mins for a power weapon to spawn*

hey guys, we can push now...

FUN

If you sit and wait for 3 minutes you certainly aren't going to have much fun and that is understandable.

If you sit and wait for 3 minutes you certainly aren't going to have much fun and that is understandable.

so many exciting pit games....so many

• Upvote (+1) 3

so many exciting pit games....so many

I am sure they will be more exciting when you learn to time weapons on H3, and push out, not only for weapons, but for Power Positions as well.

if your only in it for all the fun weapons, try Fiesta.

• Downvote (-1) 2

I am sure they will be more exciting when you learn to time weapons on H3, and push out, not only for weapons, but for Power Positions as well.

russfail.gif

good lord....

• Upvote (+1) 4

Snipers - 1 min

Rockets - 2 min

Well lets say a 15 minute game.

14:00 sniper

13:00 sniper + rockets

12:00 sniper

11:00 sniper + rockets

10:00 sniper

09:00 sniper + rockets

Don't get me wrong I am all for fast timers but with this design it will only promote movement every minute as nothing spawns in between. 90 second powerups would be perfect to keep up the movement on the map and also do make it harder for teams to get total control of everything.

I am all for 3+ powerweapons/powerups per map because every map with less than 3 items would be pretty structured and would be even more of a teamshot fest.

With 2 minute rockets, 1 minute sniper and 1,5 minute camo you get a quite filled list and teams really get forced to cycle items instead of camping till the next item spawns.

13:30 camo

12:00 sniper + camo

10:30 camo

09:00 sniper +rockets + camo

if you now add semi power weapons such as the hydra or something on that tier with 45 second static you could get a really dynamic game even with all the defensive abilities. I just think that people want a slow teamshot version of the game instead of something like this.

• Upvote (+1) 3

first off, the rockets should never spawn faster than the rockets.

Then... would be better if the rockets spawn faster than the rockets?  :kappa: 

Messing with you.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I know some of you don't think this lack of split screen is a big deal because this TB community is made up of mostly adults but think about the teenagers man. I mean I'm willing to bet a lot of you have had family and friends which were a big part of how you came to know and love Halo. Think about the teens now who you know can't afford it and there's no way their parents are going to buy them another Xbox One. Think about all that they're going to miss because no one wants to hang out with friends with only 1 person playing. Kinda depressing if you ask me.

It kind of disturbs me to think of the condescending bullshit Kiki and Ayoub (who was that guy again? Hadn't seen him in a while) will say:

"Go back to MCC if you want your split screen experience."

I can see this happening on Twitter...

• Upvote (+1) 2

Then... would be better if the rockets spawn faster than the rockets?  :kappa: 

Messing with you.

:lol:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well lets say a 15 minute game.

12:00 sniper

09:00 sniper + rockets

Don't get me wrong I am all for fast timers but with this design it will only promote movement every minute as nothing spawns in between. 90 second powerups would be perfect to keep up the movement on the map and also do make it harder for teams to get total control of everything.

I am all for 3+ powerweapons/powerups per map because every map with less than 3 items would be pretty structured and would be even more of a teamshot fest.

With 2 minute rockets, 1 minute sniper and 1,5 minute camo you get a quite filled list and teams really get forced to cycle items instead of camping till the next item spawns.

13:30 camo

12:00 sniper + camo

10:30 camo

if you now add semi power weapons such as the hydra or something on that tier with 45 second static you could get a really dynamic game even with all the defensive abilities. I just think that people want a slow teamshot version of the game instead of something like this.

I didn't include powerups because I thought the discussion was focused on just the sniper and rockets. I would def love powerups at 90s.

• Upvote (+1) 1

God, it sounds like you are standing still when there isn't a weapon spawning.

You need to hush

• Upvote (+1) 1

God, you make it sound like you are standing still when there isn't a weapon spawning.

Well there is not too many reasons to move around the map otherwise. Kills will be very hard with all the abilities that you can get away with. TS on Lockout will be fast paced compared to Halo 5 TS with slow item timers...

God, you make it sound like you are standing still when there isn't a weapon spawning.

Have you played any pit game above level 15? Any high level games? Serious question, not trying to joke or anything. Stalemates were a thing on the Pit especially in high level MLG games. Teams would literally not move for mins on end, till the Rockets/OS were coming up. Have you never seen any of those low 30 kill games during tourneys? Two teams only getting about 30 kills or less...in 15 mins. That sounds like a lot of standing still.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You need to hush

I am sorry I am not for times that may play like shit.

What I don't think 343 should do:

* Don't let the timers for each weapon be the same on every map.

* Don't restrict the Power Weapons to 1-4 for every map.

If a map needs faster weapon spawns so be it, and if it doesn't, so be it as well. If a map needs 5 power Weapons, and another one only needs one, don't let your own weird rules restrict you. Add whatever settings to whatever map that Is needed to make it play the best.  

The only thing you are doing is holding back your maps by trying to keep it simple and easy. Most people will never learn them, and those who were going to, will learn them anyway.

You just add the timers to spectator mode so beginners can easily follow while watching that way.

Give me a good reason why I would want to.

Have you played any pit game above level 15? Any high level games? Serious question, not trying to joke or anything. Stalemates were a thing on the Pit especially in high level MLG games. Teams would literally not move for mins on end, till the Rockets were coming up. Have you never seen any of those low 30 kill games during tourneys?

I fucking loved stalemates.  Opinions.

I remember idling in one spot when I legitimately had my ass handed to me on a silver platter, by completely honest people who actually know more than I ever would about Halo 3's competitive framework.  :kappa:

I fucking loved stalemates.  Opinions.

I fucking love fast timers and games where players are forced to move more, think more, which can provide exiting games. Opinions.

• Upvote (+1) 6