CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Sucks man, I split screen with my 15 year old son at least 2-3 nights a week on MCC. We have an absolute blast, and are actually still pretty decent despite the disadvantage. Not too excited to drop another $400 for console+game just to play H5 with him....

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is the railgun going to be as easy to use as it was in H4?

Why didn't you bring the grenade launcher back for this game? Extremely balanced weapon imo, wasn't easy to master.

Is the beam rifle going to have the insane auto aim it had from H4?

What is an incinerator? The prom rocket launcher from H4?

Is the bolt shot going to be an overpowered pocket shotgun again?

Grenade launcher for h6, yes?

new plasma launcher thing takes place of grenade launcher, I'd say

Incinerator = Incineration Cannon

Boltshot doesn't have a secondary fire mode any more. 

Its looked like the boltshot was somewhat usable in the demos, I hope the Incinerator isnt a ridiculously unbalanced OP weapon like it was in H4

Great, a reactionary poll that wont be skewed at all

Or, you know, people are actually upset.

Campaign coop? Sure, me and my bro just bring our Xbox's over and play, but splitscreen MP? My friends stop over all the time for a quick game and a beer, not having this is fucking ludicrous.

More fuel to the fire for BLOPS3 to be the definitive shooter this Fall. 

It's on a better system, it has splitscreen coop in MP, probably going to have a theater mode AND you can shoot while doing all of the movement abilities. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hey Deez.

Can you clarify why exactly the pistol remains a 5sk, we seem pretty unanimous over here in thinking it should be a 4SK, especially with the new rate of fire and how it behaves.

Why are snipers on such a long respawn.

Has there been any discussion on bringing back the grenade launcher from Reach?

What can you tell us about new forge mechanics ie why isn't there terrain editing, weather control etc

• Upvote (+1) 8

Also I'd like to say this: Fuck the Binary Rifle

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why are snipers spawning slower than rockets?

I'm getting that redundant sandbox feeling combined with shit spread out everywhere. TTK are too long, weapon respawn times are long... I don't get it. Different weapon spawn system based on different tiers? I mean I like the depth added but would like to see it tweaked more. It's just odd to me because to me it goes against their entire design philosophy.

I feel like Halo 5 will be very different competitively from some of the past Halos. The individual has more weight in this game, and even though the power is more defensive than offensive I hope it brings an end to the bait/switch linear teamshooting that Halo has recently provided. I'd really like to see map design compliment a weapon system where you had multiple things up constantly.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Hey everyone.  I see there has been lots of conversation on here about our weapon spawning and tier system that was mentioned in the Fathom Game Informer article found here: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2015/06/26/a-guided-tour-of-halo-5-guardians-newest-map-fathom-.aspx

I really want to do a deep dive reveal and discussion on the whole system but for now I'll just try to clear things up with some bullet points on how the tier system works.  Here we go.

I have a couple of questions about how these weapon tiers work for custom maps/forge.

Will we be able to easily set a weapon and/or powerups spawn to either static or dynamic spawning in Forge?

Are the 'Weapon Pads' you mention for the Tier 3 weapons an item in forge, and if so, are there options relating to spartan chatter associated with them?

Can it be turned on/off?

Can the timing of announcements be adjusted?

• Upvote (+1) 2

@@Deez do the tier 3 weapons have to have the announcer when its spawning? Kind of takes the skill out of timing weapons. Plus all the talking is overwhelming mixed with the new constant sound effects of shooting,killing, reloading, etc.

@@Deez do the tier 3 weapons have to have the announcer when its spawning? Kind of takes the skill out of timing weapons. Plus all the talking is overwhelming mixed with the new constant sound effects of shooting,killing, reloading, etc.

There is no skillful thing in timing weapons. In fact, this is promoting more map movement as everyone knows now that the rocks are going up

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

There is no skillful thing in timing weapons. In fact, this is promoting more map movement as everyone knows now that the rocks are going up

There is skill in timing without a timer, but the implied question is "do we care".

• Upvote (+1) 5

This.

Aside from a few, most teams use coaches just to time weapons so they don't have to worry about it and can just focus on their play and not the game clock. I have no problems whatsoever with Halo 5's "in game coach."

We don't know if they could do that though. It's not like they're just going to decrease the settings a bit. It's possibly they couldn't hit the quality standard they wanted whilst maintaining 60.

LMAO "quality standard"

sulu.gif

Agreed. Against players who just don't know what's going on, sure you'd have the edge if you know weapon times and they don't when there aren't notifications. But at a higher level of play when everyone knows the static times anyway, it won't make a difference having weapon times on screen or over the announcer.

Obviously it would be dumb if power weapons were on dynamic spawn times and they still gave the notifications, but that's not the case.

I'll also echo what others are wondering about the sniper and rocket times. Why are sniper spawns longer than rockets? And overall, times seem too long. In all, though, I'm glad to see static timers on tier 3 weapons.

There is skill in timing without a timer, but the implied question is "do we care".

I personally run the H1 playlist blindfolded for the highest skillgap experience

• Downvote (-1) 1

Pretty surprising 343 fucked it up again. They don't understand anything about Halo. I mean, nothing at all.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Okay, but how do you really feel?

I don't get it. Someone explain it to me.

Please.

I think there is skill in even memorizing static weapon times. Obviously for static you don't really have to do any math but more of memorizing. It's kind of like memorizing the king of the hill rotations. dank tI remember for cod aw, their hard point gametype which is similar to koth,optic and faze were playing in the finals. Formal must've forgotten where the next hill would spawn because he went to the other side of the map (detroit) opposite of where the new hill/hardpoint was spawning. This cost optic the ability to challenge and setup at the new hill since faze had a man advantage on that side of the map. Faze ended up winning the map and won the first aw big lan event. It's small things like memorizing that add to the game. Of course memorizing is dumbed down since coaches are allowed in halo. So it's reasonable why in game timers/announcers are in h5

Please.

He was responding to hyperbole and having a sense of humor, I don't think anyone should make too much of it, but someone will at a personal level.

I don't get it. Someone explain it to me.

Please.

He's pointing out that he sucessfully made Akademik mad, therefore Akademik is butthurt and Salient is the shrink that helps him overcome his anger.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Deez

No mention of powerups in your post. Any chance you can share how they will be timed? Any details about the powerups themselves would also be nice - we've seen the Overshield on Fathom, but don't really know how strong it is or what other powerups will feature in the game yet despite knowing quite a bit of about the weapon sandbox at this point (including a few confirmations of returning weapons in your post this afternoon).

• Upvote (+1) 1