CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

He never said that...

He did not mention descope...

He clearly called it "scoping/zooming" Halo is one of the very few if not only games that uses that terminology. 

I will say the game looks beautiful from that leak.

Yep, definitely. That's the one positive thing I'm getting from those clips. The game looks like it's going to be pretty graphically impressive.

I don't think the SMG had a secondary function. To me it looks like the person is simply thrusting back to avoid the charging sword player. I may be wrong of course but that's how it looks to me.

Also, how sure are you that the base speed is increased and sprint is only marginally faster? I got that impression too, but I'm finding it hard to really get an accurate idea from the short clips. I hope you're right.

http://i.gyazo.com/3455a623dcc40a8d4618ab89391362a6.mp4

Judging by the other players moving around, the base player speed is definitely increased. I can't tell how much faster sprint is than regular speed, but it doesn't seem to be by much.

http://i.gyazo.com/3455a623dcc40a8d4618ab89391362a6.mp4

Judging by the other players moving around, the base player speed is definitely increased. I can't tell how much faster sprint is than regular speed, but it doesn't seem to be by much.

Yeah I agree. It barely looks faster at all. Do you think that would be a major improvement for sprint? I'm guessing it would lessen the harmful effects it has on the game to a degree.

It's probably a good time to release the first gameplay of H5 though. MCC could potentially numb the pain since it launches the same night. Smart move (at least for a bit) from 343 if there is a lot of negative reactions.

If sprint is as useless as I think it is, what's left to complain about?

Yeah, IF it is as useless as you think.

Btw, these would be just the most basic traits a Halo game should have.

Halo 3 didn't have sprint or flinch or all this other shit and still wasn't a good Halo game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

best cased scenario this will atleast be as good as h3, worst case halo reach level bad.

So h5 will be somewhere between bad and horrible.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

If you all can refund me that false neg rep, that would be nice. :salt:

How does you being right about something make the changes necessary/good.

No.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Confused.... so its just a new change for the sake of change animation that makes us feel like we're in an earthquake every time we fire our gun?