CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

How can you have faith in a game that looks like H4.5? Unless he really liked H4, he's most likely going to be disappointed

Well, it's not like we didn't play the game for 3 weeks.

How can you have faith in a game that looks like H4.5? Unless he really liked H4, he's most likely going to be disappointed

Halo 4.5?

I mean the art, story, etc. is a continuation from Halo 4 but the game mechanics are completely different.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Let me just put it this way, 343i had really turned for the better with Halo 5 since official staff became a regular member. That's what a healthy relation between company and consumer is. I'm kind of sick of being mad about MCC now. It's not like I won't get to play Halo 3's OG Disc soon, which I will be.

That said, if we end up with another patch field and unstable online... Then I would have already expended my frustration from months ago. Nothing else to do but move the hell onto something positive.

Halo 4.5?

I mean the art, story, etc. is a continuation from Halo 4 but the game mechanics are completely different.

"COMPLETELY DIFFERENT". Still has sprint, still has large maps, has AA's/Spartan Abilities. I've watched the beta. Looks like poop still. I'll wait til' it actually comes out to see if i'm wrong.

People are actually trying to use Halo 4 graphics as an insult. Kinda crazy considering how good the game looked on Xbox 360. I think people just like to tie in gameplay issues of Halo 4 with the graphics, not sure why.

I wasn't talking about graphics

Graphics are the one thing i gave Halo 4 props for. Thought it was the best looking game on the 360

• Upvote (+1) 3

Really Forge Mode isn't all that impressive of a map making mode.

This is what Timesplitter 3 could do, and that game came out in the early 2000's.

You could build the map on a grid with specific pieces, you could choose from different themes, you could set lighting and the color/intensity of the lights, make campaign missions with ai and objectives, so on.

It's that time of year again...when pros come out and start worshipping the next Halo game(their next job/paycheck). Here's how the pros felt about Halo 4:

And we can't forget the player base that is talking the next Halo game up like it's the next Halo CE because the last Halo game was a 3/10 and a 6/10 Halo looks amazing in comparison:

http://web.archive.org/web/20121109073044/http://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/12q336/dear_343i#

Didn't snipe down post recently he heard all this amazing news from 343 and he's on of the main guys in the youtube video hyping Halo 4 to be the most competitive Halo yet?

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 6

The new Sprint is out on the Halo Channel.

Looks like five episodes are up!

I bashed H4 to death and I talk highly of H5.

and I could give a fuck about a paycheck either.

You guys better win Season 2. I want that Denial Skin.

People are actually trying to use Halo 4 graphics as an insult. Kinda crazy considering how good the game looked on Xbox 360. I think people just like to tie in gameplay issues of Halo 4 with the graphics, not sure why.

it's like guilty by association, it looks like 4 and that alone brings back bad memories.

Not really using graphics, but just design.  Most things in Halo 4 are over designed and lack the minimalism of the earlier games...  Whether the minimalism was due to budget or not, a lot of people think it looked better.  Not to mention the bombardment of shit that glows.

However, Halo 5 beta did look a lot better than Halo 4 to me, bar the sun.

Really Forge Mode isn't all that impressive of a map making mode.

This is what Timesplitter 3 could do, and that game came out in the early 2000's.

You could build the map on a grid with specific pieces, you could choose from different themes, you could set lighting and the color/intensity of the lights, make campaign missions with ai and objectives, so on.

DOOM 4 snap map shits on Forge.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Rk_rKexJacs

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You guys better win Season 2. I want that Denial Skin.

Play COD then  :kappa:

I want WFX to win Indy, to finally give Naded a LAN win (and Randa/Arkanum too), but I also want to see Denial win the Finals, just because of Heinz's bad luck with end of the year tournies. 

Also, EG has  :lxthul:                                                                     :grunt:

"COMPLETELY DIFFERENT". Still has sprint, still has large maps, has AA's/Spartan Abilities. I've watched the beta. Looks like poop still. I'll wait til' it actually comes out to see if i'm wrong.

I wasn't talking about graphics

Graphics are the one thing i gave Halo 4 props for. Thought it was the best looking game on the 360

Why do people act like the maps are big? They're not big.

Why do people act like the maps are big? They're not big.

truth wasn't very big but it was bigger than midship, regret was also bigger than midship but because of the walls it felt much smaller which is why I liked it. Pretty much the rest of the maps were big for a 4v4 gametype, especially the breakout maps.