CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I have two questions, serious ones that could either chill a lot of people or piss off a lot of people..

Are these types of attachment included in Req packs?
Are we able to buy Req packs with real money?

From what I understand is that everytime you level up your SR rank, you get a Req pack that includes cosmetic pieces such as armour and skins. But, you'll be able to get more weapon attachments or even weapons pack (Skin + Attachment included) from Req packs? And again, are we able to buy req packs with our money? The limited edition includes 14 PREMIUM Req Packs, in which it could hint that Req Packs are downloadable content.

If it's a YES to both.... um...

I wouldn't say that, I mean we did get a three week beta dedicated to Arena. It's pretty clear that Arena is very important.

I wonder how much dev time has been spent on developing the new Breakout/War-zone/BTB modes and all of the features and gimmicks in them versus building the "Next-Generation(lol) Arena MP" 343 promised us in the beta? 343 tried to placate the veteran player-base who was skeptical/turned off by H4 MP Halo MP by giving us the beta, but in reality looking at the mechanics of this game and what has been shown at E3 it was never the focus.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Wow weapon attachments...... my 12 inch boner for this game just went 100% flaccid in 2 seconds.  Just because Warzone isn't meant to be taken seriously doesn't mean you turn the game of halo into something it's not.  ughhhhhhhhhh fuck.

We don't know about every weapon but I asked Frankie on NeoGAF and he confirmed there would be gameplay changes in Warzone but it would only be cosmetic in Arena.

I hope he means armor.

I'm just going to wait until Josh or Quinn comment on this before overreacting.

How would people feel about armor microtransactions like inclement weather from Reach? Is that too distracting? Personally I think I'd like that. 

Halo should never have unfair advantages no matter what game mode imo. Also, I'm not fan of splitting the community this much. I honestly don't get why people defend this. Hopefully 343 will realize this is a mistake and remove all unfair advantages.

• Upvote (+1) 3

343i is going to do a Q&A on Xbox Daily. It's live now on Forza, don't know when the Halo part will start.

I'm looking on the Xbox Live Events app, a poll just appears with what we want to hear first from them, the choices were: IA, Req system, Load outs and I don't remember the 4th one sorry.

The more footage of this game I see the less interested I become. Just isn't at all the game I grew up playing. Guaranteed the population will be H4 levels after a few months. So grim.

Pretty sure he means cosmetic weapon attachments are in Arena.

how do you figure? What were his words?
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What the fuck? Skins that do something one mode but nothing in another mode is just going to confuse people. The result is going to be that more people flock to the mode where they do something, and somehow I doubt that that mode is going to need the extra population boost.

It's looking like Halo 5 will be the one decent game we get out of this studio, and even that's not a guarantee. All future main titles are gonna be trash just like Halo 4 was, maybe worse.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

how do you figure? What were his words?

Now that I'm reading it again, you may be right...

Here's what he said:

You can take aesthetic items into Arena, but not gameplay changers. Make sense?

Honestly, I'd rather they let us take everything into Arena and just remove any gameplay effects.

I wonder how much dev time has been spent on developing the new Breakout/War-zone/BTB modes and all of the features and gimmicks in them versus building the "Next-Generation(lol) Arena MP" 343 promised us in the beta? 343 tried to placate the veteran player-base who was skeptical/turned off by H4 MP Halo MP by giving us the beta, but in reality looking at the mechanics of this game and what has been shown at E3 it was never the focus.

I like how you threw btb modes at the end to make it more exaggerated like warzone and breakout aren't the only modes added. And isn't breakout added for the competitive side? (Srs question at the end)

This just enhances my point that warzone is a total casual game that give kids something to grind for. Aesthetic changes to weapons and armour etc carry over to arena. If you dont like it, dont customize your character. 

We literally have been begging for this for the last 200 pages lol.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Now that I'm reading it again, you may be right...

Here's what he said:

Honestly, I'd rather they let us take everything into Arena and just remove any gameplay effects.

like if you get legs that let you spribt a little faster or stuff like that I wouldnt care.

I'm insulted by the principle of essentially attaching entire weapons to retailer specific pre-orders, but I also think there's a severe over-reaction going on.

The BR spread was already quite tight, reducing it won't change the fact that the Magnum, Carbine, and DMR are all more reliably accurate.

I also don't think it's too much of a leap to assume that this alternate BR will have to be unlocked for use in loadouts by leveling up in each Warzone game - by the time you have leveled up to unlock it you're also likely to have access to the Carbine (admittedly not an unlimited use loadout weapon) and will shortly be hitting up the DMR. I really can't see it having any impact because there isn't a big enough stretch of the game where it seems like it would even be relevant.

Even further, the likelihood of a remotely competent player getting into a 1v1 encounter in Warzone which would be decided by BR spread is laughable; there's simply way too much going on and too many active players for that to be a reasonable expectation.

That said, let me once more reiterate my distaste for this kind of marketing gimmick.

• Upvote (+1) 4

That said, let me once more reiterate my distaste for this kind of marketing gimmick.

I think we can all agree on that. Any type of pre-order bonus sucks.

It's nice to finally have cosmetic weapon customisation though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

And of course you can't forge it. Why the fuck would players want something like that?

Why would it need to be forge-able?  You guys gonna run 24 player custom warzone lobbies?  How would the card system even work outside of matchmaking?

I almost can't bring myself to read this thread anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not being able to forge warzone is really dumb. That's typical of 343 though - you can play the game only as the developers intended it, and the customs community can get bent. Options? Nah bro, trust us!

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why would it need to be forge-able?  You guys gonna run 24 player custom warzone lobbies?  How would the card system even work outside of matchmaking?

I almost can't bring myself to read this thread anymore.

My first thought was for someone to forge a League of Legends gamemode.