CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Just saying...How would the accuracy of the BR increase? Does this skin magically increase the aim assist on your BR in Warzone and not Arena? 

Reduce the weapons spread I would imagine as it specifically mentions out of scope.

It says the value is increased accuracy all around. I assumed that's what people were freaking out about because otherwise it's once again, a cosmetic thing people are freaking out about.

Yeah, the laser sight increases accuracy in Warzone. In Arena it will just be a cosmetic add on.

The skin is just cosmetic I assume.

Reduce the weapons spread I would imagine as it specifically mentions out of scope.

The BR spread is already extremely small so I think this would be pointless. What else could they do other than mess with magnetism/autoaim to make it feel like it's more accurate.

Yeah, the laser sight increases accuracy in Warzone. In Arena it will just be a cosmetic add on.

The skin is just cosmetic I assume.

How would it make the BR more accurate is what I'm wondering.

Join In Progress for Warzone?

Is this a gametype that can and should support it?  I don't think it has any place in "classic" halo, but the more i watch videos of it, the more it looks fun as hell to jump into to warm up, or fuck around with your friends for a while.  But it could deteriorate to a shit show if it all of a sudden is 12 v 8 or less.

Sorry if discussed already, i've been trying to stay current on this thread, but it grows quickly while at work.

No idea, the BR is very accurate already.

I can't see this attachment having that much of an effect.

The BR spread is already extremely small so I think this would be pointless. What else could they do other than mess with magnetism/autoaim to make it feel like it's more accurate.

Tighter spread, visual red dot, higher bullet magnetism, higher reticle stickiness... 

Why not juste give use weapons skins and eventually only visors (don't know if it's the good word for it) changes for some? You prefer a full holographic one (think Magnum or Boltshot)? Get one. You prefer the DMR one? Get it. You like the BR one? Get it.

But really, do not change attribute of a weapon. Why stop the loadout system if you add this after?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Tighter spread, visual red dot, higher bullet magnetism, higher reticle stickiness... 

Not to burst the bubble on Bullet Mag and Reticle stickiness, but since the cosmetic will carry over to Arena the BR would still operate the same as the 'normal' BR. If you had to load up Warzone and Arena separately it would probably work, but I doubt you will so I doubt the use of higher of either of those two options being viable. The spread idea would work if the BR spread wasn't as small as it is. I would say that it would be the sight itself that got affected. 

Eh, they're only cosmetic in arena so it's not a big deal.

What good would a laser sight do without the magnetism boost? I think it's just pre-order fluff for the hell of it. I don't care for it much, but I don't see it falling back on our provided feedback.

Basically let's not buy into the fanciest pre-order offer.

What good would a laser sight do without the magnetism boost? I think it's just pre-order fluff for the hell of it. I don't care for it much, but I don't see it falling back on our provided feedback.

Basically let's not buy into the fanciest pre-order offer.

I dunno, it looks cool?

Cosmetic customisation is great, including weapon attachments.

They could have just said the laser increases accuracy because it will be directly in the center of the reticle since the reticle isn't pinpoint accurate. I think it's an over exaggeration to think they are going to increase magnetism, power and other things. Way too much jumping to conclusions going on right now

• Upvote (+1) 2

I dunno, it looks cool?

Cosmetic customisation is great, including weapon attachments.

It is, I guess it's a risky marketing gamble. I'd rather that Noble armor though than gun skins, that's tight...

Not to burst the bubble on Bullet Mag and Reticle stickiness, but since the cosmetic will carry over to Arena the BR would still operate the same as the 'normal' BR. If you had to load up Warzone and Arena separately it would probably work, but I doubt you will so I doubt the use of higher of either of those two options being viable. The spread idea would work if the BR spread wasn't as small as it is. I would say that it would be the sight itself that got affected. 

But Warzone and Arena are clearly loaded separately. All gametypes have their own assets and base player traits, which are loaded before the game starts, same with maps. Why would this be any different?

It is, I guess it's a risky marketing gamble. I'd rather that Noble armor though, that's tight...

It's definitely risky with the Halo community. The chance of overreaction is high with this one.

so, what halo has attachments now? Can't wait to see josh explain this shit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

But Warzone and Arena are clearly loaded separately. All gametypes have their own assets and base player traits, which are loaded before the game starts, same with maps. Why would this be any different?

I'm speaking as the game as a whole. The BR is coded in a certain way. For certain things to be affected it would take some meticulous coding. Not that I don't think it is possible, but with the amount of skins/cosmetics/whatever they put in the game, the chances of miscoding something and have it accidentally carry over into the Arena would be a massive problem. I expect that if anything, the skin doesn't do too much more then affect the spread as someone mentioned above. While that would still be something to be concerned with slipping into the Arena when using said skin, that seems like the most plausible idea to prevent rioting in the streets. Though I still think that it should remain purely cosmetic with no bonuses.

I'm speaking as the game as a whole. The BR is coded in a certain way. For certain things to be affected it would take some meticulous coding. Not that I don't think it is possible, but with the amount of skins/cosmetics/whatever they put in the game, the chances of miscoding something and have it accidentally carry over into the Arena would be a massive problem. I expect that if anything, the skin doesn't do too much more then affect the spread as someone mentioned above. While that would still be something to be concerned with slipping into the Arena when using said skin, that seems like the most plausible idea to prevent rioting in the streets. Though I still think that it should remain purely cosmetic with no bonuses.

Whut? What's with all this armchair developing?

The effects aren't going to "slip" into Arena.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That skin is badass, I'm glad they're adding more cosmetic customization for weapons, I hope there's a huge variety of it.

Also, why is everyone reacting this way, isn't everyone on this forum going to be playing Arena anyways? All these attachments and additions are obviously to attract casuals (aka bigger population) and give longevity to the game. Stop complaining, we have Arena, and it's already looking to be the best Halo MP since 2010.

No idea, the BR is very accurate already.

I can't see this attachment having that much of an effect.

That's why I can't see it being more than just a cosmetic without a 'real' affect on the gameplay.

• Upvote (+1) 1