CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Also guys, Call of Duty and Activision now have strong ties with Sony instead of Microsoft.

I wonder where that yearly $1M funding for CoD Champs could go to...  :weback:  :flames:  :prayers:  :holmes:

• Upvote (+1) 9

Thanks for doing this. I looked at the ROF (only on 30 fps though), and it seems to be at .3 seconds per shot instead of .2, like it was in the beta. If it's a 4-shot, then it's kill time is now on par with the beta BR. (Also assuming he was firing at max speed, which is a big assumption). 

Also glad they toned down AR, and buffed strafe. 

Cmon @@Moa , free the Deez emote.

the beta br was 1.34, while the beta pistol was like 1.1 or something. It would be sad if it got a downgrade in killtime.

The sheer amount of medals in the games is imo complete bullshit. Way to ruin one of the most iconic features of the franchise.

Uuuhhh, you should have seen it before..

Now the teams don't even celebrate. :( I at least wanted a tiny bit of celebration after a win..

Now the teams don't even celebrate. :( I at least wanted a tiny bit of celebration after a win..

IMO it's much better if they act more neutral after a victory, because I don't make a big deal out of every win like the Spartans did in the beta. It made me feel really uncomfortable.

• Upvote (+1) 1

A few of you are ignoring/not grasping the fact that in warzone you have to reach a certain score and control certain bases just to be able to use the cards. If everyone knows where you have to go to spawn the weapons/vehicles it's not going to be easy to use your cards. Not to mention if your spending time trying to get control of those spawn locations the other team is going to run up the score by killing the AI bosses and completing other map objectives while your attempting to spam cards, which most likely won't be an option. I wouldn't be surprised for there to be cool downs and limits on how many of something your team can place on the map at 1 time

that's what I want confirmation on, the limits on spawning weapons and vehicles, and whether it will be ranked. My primary issue is that cards are random rewards, I would like it if it was based on weekly challenges like from reach. Overall the whole card system just looks like more intricate version of the burn card system from titanfall. In that game it would give you a gun with a special perk that you could activate in any mode for one time at any time. In halo you get a weapon or vehicle spawn card that you must work to able to able to use in war zone only by gaining points, currency and capturing bases, for one time only to gain an advantage over the other team at a given point.

Uuuhhh, you should have seen it before..

Generic Kill medal, medal for destroying a ghost

0dad5d8169.jpg

Those have to be the most redundant collection of medals possible

• Upvote (+1) 1

IMO it's much better if they act more neutral after a victory, because I don't make a big deal out of every win like the Spartans did in the beta. It made me feel really uncomfortable.

#immersion

Honestly I think this game is shaping up to be very good. Campaign looks like it will be very deep and expansive, multiplayer looks to have a ton of variety and a place for each community of players. The Arena experience looks much improved over the Beta which i thought was good already. A huge pool of maps with free dlc and a reward system that will keep the casual fan playing. Im not sure why the conference brought so many complaints from this community, when it had almost no relation to Arena mp. I know some of us wanted more info but we already had a beta a year before launch that was ALL Arena. H5 is not my ideal Halo but it is something I enjoyed playing and I am thouroughly looking forward to playing all aspects of the game this fall. At least until Fallout 4 drops

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Also guys, Call of Duty and Activision now have strong ties with Sony instead of Microsoft.

I wonder where that yearly $1M funding for CoD Champs could go to...  :weback:  :flames:  :prayers:  :holmes:

MS realizes that  :weback:, so they cut all ties with CoD, as they are unnecessary now.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Honestly I think this game is shaping up to be very good. Campaign looks like it will be very deep and expansive, multiplayer looks to have a ton of variety and a place for each community of players. The Arena experience looks much improved over the Beta which i thought was good already. A huge pool of maps with free dlc and a reward system that will keep the casual fan playing. Im not sure why the conference brought so many complaints from this community, when it had almost no relation to Arena mp. I know some of us wanted more info but we already had a beta a year before launch that was ALL Arena. H5 is not my ideal Halo but it is something I enjoyed playing and I am thouroughly looking forward to playing all aspects of the game this fall. At least until Fallout 4 drops

halo and fallout are my two franchises that I care the most about, doom is important as well. If they announced a new wolfenstein I probably would have cried.

Why the f do people think Warzone can be ranked? AI playing a large role means winning is going to be based on randomness and luck. Sure, the better players will usually win, but the worst team winning just once because of luck or randomness means ranks won't mean a whole lot...

Either AI won't play a huge role in the outcome of the game...and the whole point of Warzone will be meaningless.

Or AI will play a huge role in the outcome of the game...then ranks will be meaningless.

halo and fallout are my two franchises that I care the most about, doom is important as well. If they announced a new wolfenstein I probably would have cried.

You may have another announcement tomorrow!

• 1:30 - Female OS narrates Map Intros. Could possibly be just for Conan's bit, or it could be a game feature

Probably just a Conan thing, as the same lady announced all of the players at the beginning of the video.

the beta br was 1.34, while the beta pistol was like 1.1 or something. It would be sad if it got a downgrade in killtime.

Oops got my numbers wrong. If 4sk, 1.2 seconds. 

The 1.2 second BR was only in my twisted dreams  :kappa:

After watching the ViDoc a few more times for clarity I'm a bit more comfortable with the way cards work and how they're rewarded. It seems that you're rewarded cards every time you rank up so I assume the progression ranking system is very big.

Perhaps there's other ways like you may earn a few cards for a win but a pack of cards for when you rank up. In terms of cosmetics this could be really cool if there is an extensive list of armor, skins, etc and they continue to update it as time goes. However, even though it's not confirmed I really don't want to see weapon and vehicle card microtransactions.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd say your definitely in the minoriry with this opinion, bud.

From the beta alone, Halo 5 is my favorite non Halo video game. That's how I look at it. Pretend it isn't your precious sprintless arena shooter and think of it as its own game. In comparison to other Halos though I would put it 3rd behind H1 and H2 though honestly. I enjoyed the beta that much. Call me crazy.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So the new Xbox UI is extremely pleasing. No more loading the app screen just to load the friends list just to load the profile just to load the party just to load the invite menu.

yQBGVtz.jpgbcrb0mm.png

• Upvote (+1) 7