CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

The question is, did beyond get invited?

We weren't invited.

Don't worry though, @@Saucey and @@Unyshek will be out at E3 next week on behalf of Beyond :beyond:  to cover their honest impressions of what's there though. :flames:

• Upvote (+1) 3

We weren't invited.

Don't worry though, @@Saucey and @@Unyshek will be out at E3 next week on behalf of Beyond :beyond:  to cover their honest impressions of what's there though. :flames:

Soupey's Fedora too dank for 343i

We weren't invited.

Don't worry though, @@Saucey and @@Unyshek will be out at E3 next week on behalf of Beyond to cover their honest impressions of what's there though.

:(

I suppose that channel does have ~360'000 subs. You'd think they'd invite people from one of the biggest Halo sites there is though.

I imagine it's the marketing team making these decisions though. There's only so many people they can invite so they're probably going to select those with the biggest audience.

I suppose that channel does have ~360'000 subs. You'd think they'd invite people from one of the biggest Halo sites there is though.

Yea, I'm not sure what really dictates invites and whatnot for these kind of things.

I would consider us one of the larger Halo fan sites though, a lot of hard work has been done here since 2013 for the Halo community. Crazy to think we've had nearly a million visitors on the site this year already.

Fuel Rod Cannon perhaps?

I'd personally class that as Covenant Rocket Launcher?

• Upvote (+1) 1

The question is, did beyond get invited?

Our names get glossed over at invite time  :walshy:

Maybe if I make more dank memes I can secure an invitation. #dream

In all seriousness though, I have a few invitations to some events at E3 so I am excited to check it out.

Just give us back the Grenade Launcher from Reach. Please based god @@Sal1ent

Still hoping for a combo of that & sticky det., where one is in smart-link. 

Edit: And that probably is the Concussion Rifle. Hydra plays similar to the Reach Plasma Launcher, and we probably won't see brutes, so no Brute Shot.

If they were to remake any map, I'd love to see gephyrophobia get a remake. As a BTB player, that would make me very happy.

I think it would be great with the new abilities too.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They've said multiple times there isn't going to be another beta. 

I must have missed it multiple times I guess.

The Hydra was one of my favorite things about the beta and I thorough enjoyed the game as a whole. Locking on then aiming at the sky to curve rockets on top of enemies was an amazing feeling.

If they were to remake any map, I'd love to see gephyrophobia get a remake. As a BTB player, that would make me very happy.

I think it would be great with the new abilities too.

Gephy is one of the slowest, blandest maps ever made.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yea, I'm not sure what really dictates invites and whatnot for these kind of things.

I would consider us one of the larger Halo fan sites though, a lot of hard work has been done here since 2013 for the Halo community. Crazy to think we've had nearly a million visitors on the site this year already.

I imagine it's the marketing team making these decisions though. There's only so many people they can invite so they're probably going to select those with the biggest audience.

I might sound a little cynical but Beyond is full of actual, real and honest feedback (for the most part...) or, to put it in the words of most waypoint users "hate" :kappa:

This might be good for actually imorving the game (hence 343 devs reading this form) but quite shitty to build up a hype, it's much "safer" to get halofollower or that ReadyUpLive dude to those events...

Is there a way to block certain channels from youtubes search? Literally all I get when I type in "halo 5" into YouTube is Halo Follower.

Gephy is one of the slowest, blandest maps ever made.

Doesn't feel slow paced to me. I love the map.

I might sound a little cynical but Beyond is full of actual, real and honest feedback (for the most part...) or, to put it in the words of most waypoint users "hate" :kappa:

This might be good for actually imorving the game (hence 343 devs reading this form) but quite shitty to build up a hype, it's much "safer" to get halofollower or that ReadyUpLive dude to those events...

Well RUL and Halofollower will eat any bullshit thrown out at them without question. They don't criticize anything and think everything 343 does is perfect, which I guess gets you a lot of invites to Halo events. I guess being honest and voicing your opinion means your a hater.

• Upvote (+1) 4

it's much "safer" to get halofollower

Yeah no doubt. HaloFollower will make at least 20 videos of theories of speculations based off a single image, rather not imagine what happens when it's an entire event's worth of content.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just give us back the Grenade Launcher from Reach. Please based god @@Sal1ent

If they would do this I would at least get how they still have their own shitty style of Halo but try to bring in competitive stuff. The propipe was the best new thing in Halo after CE. Yet they say "we want a competitive game" but somehow don't get how nice the propipe is. I guess it has to be new to make people freak out about a new weapon that nobody ever saw before so the GL is no option for them.

I can see it now, cannoning over then thrusting to top mid and just like that the map and game type is broken.

You might be overestimating the thruster distance by just a little bit.

Well RUL and Halofollower will eat any bullshit thrown out at them without question. They don't criticize anything and think everything 343 does is perfect, which I guess gets you a lot of invites to Halo events. I guess being honest and voicing your opinion means your a hater.

Yeah you just rephrased what I was saying, sorry if it wasn't clear enough..