CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Not that I follow him or care about his perspective on things, and I don't want to come off as an ass, but when did Chris's speech articulation go on the decline? He never sounded all over the place until after 2013.

They also said that ADS does not give you spread reduction and that H4 feels like Halo, so I only believe what I can actually see or play.

I'll grant you halo4, but I don't think they said it didn't change the spread, they said functionally it was the same as h4 and h2a(they really said previous games and left it at that but with the way it operated they had to have meant h4 and h2a). And to be fair, it realistically didn't change the spread on any precision weapons because the magnetism would compensate for the spread when firing from the hip, not to mention frank did say that it helped autos in the trailer. Not really a lie, but not great communication either.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I'll grant you halo4, but I don't think they said it didn't change the spread, they said functionally it was the same as h4 and h2a(they really said previous games and left it at that but with the way it operated they had to have meant h4 and h2a). And to be fair, it realistically didn't change the spread on any precision weapons because the magnetism would compensate for the spread when firing from the hip, not to mention frank did say that it helped autos in the trailer. Not really a lie, but not great communication either.

The spread reduction for precision weapons was essentially negligible.

The spread reduction for precision weapons was essentially negligible.

the dmr and pistol pretty much had the same amount of spread In and out of scope I believe.

They also said that ADS does not give you spread reduction and that H4 feels like Halo, so I only believe what I can actually see or play.

PopularConfusedInganue.gif

They were saying it wouldn't reduce it anymore than what it already did. The scope on the SMG in ODST and H2A have done this already.

Hey hey, no scans or leaks  :lxthul:

Unless you got more  :intel:   :ghost:

bruh

loadouts also seem like something 343 would want to test in the beta if they were going to be in the game.

Valid point. Though personally, I'm hoping (and somewhat expecting) for another public beta this summer. 

Valid point. Though personally, I'm hoping (and somewhat expecting) for another public beta this summer. 

They've said multiple times there isn't going to be another beta. 

In Halo 4, BTB was easily the most popular playlist. There were load outs.

It could just be me, but whenever I play BTB in MCC, Halo 4 gets voted. It has load outs.

I see loadouts coming for H5's larger multiplayer experience, which in fine with tbh as long as the core arena modes have equal starts.

• Upvote (+1) 2

PopularConfusedInganue.gif

They were saying it wouldn't reduce it anymore than what it already did. The scope on the SMG in ODST and H2A have done this already.

My point is: Be careful when a 343i employee claims something, because they choose their words wisely ("there is no penalty to hip fire" when there is a bonus to scoping) and sometimes flat out lie to their fans. "exactly like you remember it"

Sure you can nitpick that the ODST and H2A SMGs have a spread reduction when scoping in, but everyone else who hears "smart scope is not ADS, it's like scoping in in Halo has always functioned" will think othewise.

• Upvote (+1) 4

My point is: Be careful when a 343i employee claims something, because they choose their words wisely ("there is no penalty to hip fire" when there is a bonus to scoping) and sometimes flat out lie to their fans. "exactly like you remember it"

Sure you can nitpick that the ODST and H2A SMGs have a spread reduction when scoping in, but everyone else who hears "smart scope is not ADS, it's like scoping in in Halo has always functioned" will think othewise.

exactly like pc players remembered it. If it worked.

Someone on r/Halo pointed this out

xEzUkE7.jpg

covenant_grenade_launcher... new weapon or concussion rifle perhaps?

xEzUkE7.jpg

I pray it's the blueberry gun, but am almost sure it's the concussion rifle.

xEzUkE7.jpg

Concussion Rifle or Plasma Launcher

Prayers.

xEzUkE7.jpg

keeping my fingers crossed that the weapon shoots out grunts that do splatter damage, almost like the GTA gun mod that shoots vehicles.. I'd buy halo if this was in there.

I really liked the hydra, it reminded me of old school rocket launchers from 90s games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I used it like a Quake rocket for most of the beta. Thinking back now, I can't believe I never tried rocket jumps or sticky launches with it.