CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I guarantee if they did that the casuals who are pro sprint wouldn't even notice that there was no difference

lol.  Just add the "whooshing air" visual effects around the visor and put the gun down but dont change the speed. Voila!

How many guns do they need? There's at least three variations of every type of gun that do the exact same thing. And one of them will undoubtedly outclass the rest, making the other two useless.

We don't even know if these guns will be used in the Arena portion of the game which is what a majority of us will be playing, anyways.

Probably best to wait until everything is out there before we jump to the conclusions that these weapons have no place... again.

We need brutes if we want mauler and brute shot :p

There was a Gravity Hammer in Halo 4 and no Brutes.

Plus, the context of War Games means we can literally have any weapon without them playing any part in the Halo 5 story.

Any words about "Commendations" in H5? I kind of liked it in H4 as a part "of doing something" but then from a competitive and ranking perspective it is of course not so good (team mates chasing storm rifle kills instead of focusing on winning).

Nope, be cool to see them back though now that we have a progression ranking system again.

Just make them less grindy. Looking at you Reach commendation which wanted people to get Campaign assists.

I want that map from Halo Online, I think it was called Edge? It looks like a big circle with rockets in the center, with most fights happening in the outer circle I'm guessing. Figured it'd be a fun KOTH or CTF map.

The one thing I didn't like about it was how repetitive the aesthetics were though. The cover was kinda lame too.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I thought that's in engine. Along with all game informer screens

Yeah it may be in engine, but "in engine" doesn't mean the Xbox One can render it in REAL TIME AT 1080p 60fps. Look at the starwars battlefront trailer. It's in engine but it's all a pre-rendered scripted event.

Have you actually seen H4's graphics on an 8-year old console?..

Yes I've seen 720p 30fps....

Halo 4 looked decent but it just had a good art style . Aside from a few high detailed textures on the Master Chief and other important characters the rest of the game had very simple textures.

Good thing Halo is not CPU intensive game or it would be stuck at 30fps.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Those screenshots look like Halo 4 gameplay LOL!.....Why bring back those garbage guns when you know everyone hates Halo 4. That game aint damn near a classic not even down to the weapons. Bring back the Carbine ,Brute Shot, Mauler and Needler.

What the fuck am I reading

why is the fact that loadouts aren't returning not clear on this forum?

Only confirmed info we have is the loadouts will not be in the ARENA portion of the multiplayer.

They may be in the other type, BTB, campaign or firefight/SOps.

Why isn't that clear in this forum? That's taking the words directly from Frankie's mouth. Only arena has equal starts.

They should remake Swordbase, the best map in Halo history.

/s

That was an amazing map! My favourite part was going up yellow and getting shotgunned!
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Only confirmed info we have is the loadouts will not be in the ARENA portion of the multiplayer.

They may be in the other type, BTB, campaign or firefight/SOps.

Why isn't that clear in this forum? That's taking the words directly from Frankie's mouth. Only arena has equal starts.

Arena implies competitive MP. At least in the beta, it was more than one mode. We're guaranteed that ranked and 4v4 and less will not have loadouts, which is what most people here care about.

But I mean if they insist of giving loadouts to BTB, then they're kind of setting it up for failure, knowing how unpopular they were in the past. Then again, if they're trying to do something like BF's giant-scale wars, it could work, because the game mode won't revolve around 1v1 battles anyway. Doesn't matter much either way. The main problem with loadouts in Halo 4 were the randomness stemming from them and how unpredictable encounters were with all the customization.

Hidden perks like faster shield regen, faster reload time, extra ammo per power weapon picked up, all this stuff threw off the balance of the game. A dude you would challenge after firing rockets might have had two extra he shouldn't have, or reloaded faster than expected, and it resulted in a lot of unfair deaths. Boltshot was also a stupid thing to do put in there for obvious reasons. The rest would have worked just fine, and would have been a lot better than putting up with SMG or AR starts. It all just was implemented in the worst possible manner.

Reach also was fine with preset loadouts. It didn't cause as big of an upset as AAs themselves did (sprint included). They can make it work in a game like Halo if they're not stupid about it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The sprint is returning June 17th!  :holmes:

GYuVgem.gif

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• Upvote (+1) 6

I just want a Longest and Terminal remake.

And NOT another "Elongation." that map was shit.

I don't think that Terminal was a "great" map, but there is just something about it that somehow made me want to play it!

Terminal could work with the mechanics, also there was a lot of wiggle room for close quarters tactics that didn't let you overpower everything all at once, especially if it was in close proximity to that train. That train did a lot of good in balancing the indoors area combats of the station, as well as for the peculiarities of its on-again off-again sight lines.

There must be a reason we got Relic instead of another BTB map... same reason we didn't get H2A Midship hopefully.

INB4 HaloFollower: Terminal confirmed on TeamBeyond forums for Halo 5  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Because Arena multiplayer isn't the whole H5G Multiplayer? There are several hints towards a Battlefield Halo hybrid BTB mode being revealed at E3

yeah but 343 has said that arena is the core of the game, and when asked on Twitter, they said they were not adding them back in. Gi also mentions how they've decided to ditch them.

Yes, let's get rid of 343's attempt at making the guns unique and bring back the fan favourite Mauler!

/s

Wait for Halo 4 multiplayer to die then ''nerf'' them for Halo 5.  :holmes: 

Arena implies competitive MP. At least in the beta, it was more than one mode. We're guaranteed that ranked and 4v4 and less will not have loadouts, which is what most people here care about.

But I mean if they insist of giving loadouts to BTB, then they're kind of setting it up for failure, knowing how unpopular they were in the past. Then again, if they're trying to do something like BF's giant-scale wars, it could work, because the game mode won't revolve around 1v1 battles anyway. Doesn't matter much either way. The main problem with loadouts in Halo 4 were the randomness stemming from them and how unpredictable encounters were with all the customization.

Hidden perks like faster shield regen, faster reload time, extra ammo per power weapon picked up, all this stuff threw off the balance of the game. A dude you would challenge after firing rockets might have had two extra he shouldn't have, or reloaded faster than expected, and it resulted in a lot of unfair deaths. Boltshot was also a stupid thing to do put in there for obvious reasons. The rest would have worked just fine, and would have been a lot better than putting up with SMG or AR starts. It all just was implemented in the worst possible manner.

Reach also was fine with preset loadouts. It didn't cause as big of an upset as AAs themselves did (sprint included). They can make it work in a game like Halo if they're not stupid about it.

loadouts also seem like something 343 would want to test in the beta if they were going to be in the game.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

yeah but 343 has said that arena is the core of the game, and when asked on Twitter, they said they were not adding them back in. Gi also mentions how they've decided to ditch them.

They also said that ADS does not give you spread reduction and that H4 feels like Halo, so I only believe what I can actually see or play.

• Upvote (+1) 2