CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Has there been another leak beside the one that has been posted here yesterday?

It didn't say anything about sprint?!

;)

Sprint being nerfed wasn't a leak. Holmes said it would be in his post-beta blog.

yeah I know, but by the way Batchford put it, I thought some one had leaked more stuff including specific information about how much they changed sprint

Wait, wait, wait.....does campaign seriously not have split screen co-op?

I feel like I'm the only person left on the planet who actually has friends come over and hang out rather than playing with them through XBL. I'm so disappointed but I can't say I'm not surprised. It feels like a little part of me just died. I wanted to rent H5 to play through the campaign but now I won't even bother. 343 managed to ruin not only my multiplayer experience but now campaign bites the dust as well. I hate modern gaming trends. My Halo experience seems like it has finally come to an end. At least I have broken Halo 1, that is all I really need.

But you could cash out on an entire separate setup to allow side-to-side gaming with friends still. Each having a full screen would contribute to the immersion, and in the end, Microsoft sells another console. 

Everyone wins in this scenario, let's be honest.

P.S. Your wallet is not a person.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The leaks make me happy. No after-game brodowns, reduced spartan chatter (hopefully this encourages REAL talk between teammates--one can only hope), I love the new DMR scope even with the blacked out edges. The armor looks more like Halo than 4's armor did (still needs work, but improved) The aesthetics of true Halo seem to be making a comeback. Now we need the ability to use the old recharge sound effect.

These past days of Halo 5 info have been great for me. Splitscreen is a bummer, but I'm not gonna let it alone ruin the loads of other good news.

Still cautious, but cautiously optimistic.

So? All the other Halo games have splitscreen co-op, but not Halo 5.

Which means if you want to play co-op you and whoever else you want to play with needs to pay for XBL.

That in no way implies we're going to need gold for single player though.

All in favor of having sprint make you run at the same exact speed as normal movement say I.

I guarantee if they did that the casuals who are pro sprint wouldn't even notice that there was no difference

I've gotta say I'm also disappointed in Fathom looking almost identical to Empire aesthetically. The undersea concept is awesome, but it should be visually unique to the other maps. I wonder if it's too late for 343 to change the colours?

• Upvote (+1) 2

How many guns do they need? There's at least three variations of every type of gun that do the exact same thing. And one of them will undoubtedly outclass the rest, making the other two useless.

Some will replace others on maps. By the sound of the forerunner weapons have been tweaked to be a bit different this time. 

I've gotta say I'm also disappointed in Fathom looking almost identical to Empire aesthetically. The undersea concept is awesome, but it should be visually unique to the other maps. I wonder if it's too late for 343 to change the colours?

I'm sure they still could tbh

Those screenshots look like Halo 4 gameplay LOL!.....Why bring back those garbage guns when you know everyone hates Halo 4. That game aint damn near a classic not even down to the weapons. Bring back the Carbine ,Brute Shot, Mauler and Needler. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Bring back the Carbine ,Brute Shot, Mauler and Needler. 

I assure you at least 2 of those are most likely in. We even got a screenshot of the last one from Gameinformer

Interesting leaks, but a bit light on the detail. Likely fuzzy on a few facts too.

I'm just sitting here mostly failing to contain my hype for the HTT finale, E3, and the return of Buck.

Maybe I'm not part of a vocal majority, but I'm particularly excited for the campaign changes. It should be very interesting to see if Blue Team lives up to their depiction in Eric Nylund's Halo novels.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Those screenshots look like Halo 4 gameplay LOL!.....Why bring back those garbage guns when you know everyone hates Halo 4. That game aint damn near a classic not even down to the weapons. Bring back the Carbine ,Brute Shot, Mauler and Needler. 

Yes, let's get rid of 343's attempt at making the guns unique and bring back the fan favourite Mauler!

/s

I assure you at least 2 of those are most likely in. We even got a screenshot of the last one from Gameinformer

We need brutes if we want mauler and brute shot :p

We need brutes if we want mauler and brute shot :P

Who said I was referring to those?  ;)

Please don't pre-order this game

Again

OPEN WARNING v2 - REGARDING MCC COMPLAINTS WITH H5:

If anyone drags the issues of Halo: The Master Chief Collection into this thread, it will be removed (bans will follow if it continues). We get it, we really do but if you want to pout or try and start some #hashtag movement that won't work. Do it somewhere else, if you have any real qualms or issues with MCC take it over to the official thread. This is a new game game, technically by a different team at 343 Industries. This is the Halo 5: Guardians thread.

Again, we get the issues everyone had. MCC hurt a lot of us on staff and the community but you can only beat that horse dead so many times. I'm not trying to defend 343i/Microsoft but trying to make this thread friendly to new users and the community as a whole moving forward.

If you have questions feel free to PM me.

Thanks.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So someone on Gaf (Hubble) had this to say, who knows if he's credible:

I can say a lot of classic favorite Halo maps will be in Halo 5.

And later clarified by saying he meant remakes.

Not in favor. Can't think of any "classic favorite" maps that would play well with clambers and ground pounds. But I guess they got to get to 35 maps somehow.

Any words about "Commendations" in H5? I kind of liked it in H4 as a part "of doing something" but then from a competitive and ranking perspective it is of course not so good (team mates chasing storm rifle kills instead of focusing on winning).

Any words about "Commendations" in H5? I kind of liked it in H4 as a part "of doing something" but then from a competitive and ranking perspective it is of course not so good (team mates chasing storm rifle kills instead of focusing on winning).

I wish we had Reach's commendations back, some of them were a worthy grind. :/

• Upvote (+1) 2

So someone on Gaf (Hubble) had this to say, who knows if he's credible:

And later clarified by saying he meant remakes.

Not in favor. Can't think of any "classic favorite" maps that would play well with clambers and ground pounds. But I guess they got to get to 35 maps somehow.

Just thinking about them trying to shoehorn guardian into the game is making me cringe.

I'm assuming most of the DLC isn't made yet, and that we'll get some remakes in there - what does everyone want to see?

- Damnation. One of the few maps that could possibly stay the same size and still work.

- Guardian. Cmon, it's in the title, and we've seen enough of Lockout for a while.

- Waterworks and/or Terminal. Both should have been remade for H2A, and were great BTB maps.

- Skyline. Unlikely, given that Empire is in the game, but would be fun.

- Spire. No explanation needed.  :UncleDrew:

Just thinking about them trying to shoehorn guardian into the game is making me cringe.

The H4 remake (forge) of Lockout actually worked pretty well.