CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Any thoughts on the weapon pic leaks from r/halo ?

- Boltshot is back. YAY! But apparently the shotgun-charge is gone :/ now fires two rounds which track slightly...

- Incineration Cannon has a battery now instead of clips, and the longer you charge up, the more powerful. Sounds good.

- DMR scope has been immensely improved.

- Suppressor is back. Fires slower.

- And Railgun of course is back.

Also, the Pistol ROF has slowed... 4sk now maybe?

All good changes IMO. I think you missed the br change

Any thoughts on the weapon pic leaks from r/halo ? 

- Boltshot is back. YAY! But apparently the shotgun-charge is gone :/ now fires two rounds which track slightly...

- Incineration Cannon has a battery now instead of clips, and the longer you charge up, the more powerful. Sounds good.

- DMR scope has been immensely improved.

- Suppressor is back. Fires slower.

- And Railgun of course is back.

Also, the Pistol ROF has slowed... 4sk now maybe?

The Suppressor change is strange considering every other weapon kills faster.  My guess is they've probably reworked the gun entirely.

Frank did say the code was nearly the same as the beta, I wouldn't be surprised if most of this stuff is different at launch.

Why remove the shotgun mode from boltshot if its only a map pickup? It was only broken as a starting weapon.

Maybe because there's still custom loadouts in some part if the multiplayer.

• Upvote (+1) 3

except everything that made h4 what it was is gone...

It was more about the devs ways of going about things, their decison making and reasoning... The post above yours shows some questionable halo 4 content returning lol

How many guns do they need? There's at least three variations of every type of gun that do the exact same thing. And one of them will undoubtedly outclass the rest, making the other two useless.

I'd take AR/Pistol starts in H5 over AR/Pistol starts in H3 any day of the week.

Halo 3 didn't have AR/Pistol starts.

Halo 3 had Airsoft/Paintgun starts.

Why remove the shotgun mode from boltshot if its only a map pickup? It was only broken as a starting weapon.

Maybe because there's still custom loadouts in some part if the multiplayer.

why is the fact that loadouts aren't returning not clear on this forum?

Halo 3 had Airsoft/Paintgun starts.

Those would probably damage the Spartans a bit more tbh.

Have you seen some people on this forum? They ask you stuff that you can google and have the answer in like 10 seconds. Several time.

However, I gotta keep his question in mind. Will it be powerful enough? I liked it when it was one boltshot in the map.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel like I'm looking at pictures of Halo 4 http://imgur.com/a/aL39U

Fathom looks like Empire which has the same aesthetic as every single building in H4. Pipes, stripes, and a lot of black and white.

Fathom looks like Empire which has the same aesthetic as every single building in H4. Pipes, stripes, and a lot of black and white.

I was going to comment on this, but didn't know how to phrase it. What is up with 343 and those fucking buildings? They all look exactly the same. I was looking at the Fathom pictures and was thinking "this is empire right..." and then I saw the water and was like "you've got to be fucking kidding me"

• Upvote (+1) 1

What did they do to Regret?! I hope that last leak was somewhat work-in-progress and they return to the Beta design with green leavs rather than blue/red ones!

I love the idea of an undersea map. Do we know whether or not it's on Earth? I'd rather it was somewhere else so they had an excuse to put some really alien looking sea creatures in the background.

Hang on a second, am I really hearing that the shotgun mode of the Boltshot has been removed? What in the actual fuck? The skill of charging it was what made that weapon cool and worthwhile. If that's true, that's typical 343 style.

343 guy 1: "Anyone else hearing all these complaints about the Boltshot? I guess they don't like the shotgun mode..."

343 guy 2: "Well actually I think they just don't like the fact that a shotgun type of weapon is in loadouts. If we simply make it a map pick.." *Interrupted*

343 guy 1: "So we'll take away the shotgun mode and that should fix it"

343 guy 2: "Oh for fu..."

• Upvote (+1) 2

I love the idea of an undersea map. Do we know whether or not it's on Earth? I'd rather it was somewhere else so they had an excuse to put some really alien looking sea creatures in the background.

Its not on Earth

• Upvote (+1) 1

He could try firing shots back, but he will miss due to the spread

It wont help that you'll be sprinting and clambering away from a bad situation...

• Upvote (+1) 2

It wont help that you'll be sprinting and clambering away from a bad situation...

Sprints been nerfed pretty hard according to leaks

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wish I could see these leaks everyone's talking about lol. Is it stuff that's supposed to be revealed at E3 or something? If so then I can wait that long at least.

I wish I could see these leaks everyone's talking about lol. Is it stuff that's supposed to be revealed at E3 or something? If so then I can wait that long at least.

r/Halo has pictures, and ill PM you imgur files

Edit: lost the link, look around on r/Halo

• Upvote (+1) 1

Because Arena multiplayer isn't the whole H5G Multiplayer? There are several hints towards a Battlefield Halo hybrid BTB mode being revealed at E3

• Upvote (+1) 1

Has there been another leak beside the one that has been posted here yesterday?

It didn't say anything about sprint?!