CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Having read Frank O'Connor's justification for the absence of split-screen co-op in Halo 5 on NeoGAF: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=167185496&postcount=866http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=167186284&postcount=868;I'm fairly satisfied that it's something that just isn't achievable for the game on the hardware they're attached to; it remains rather disappointing however. At this point, it would be good to get some confirmation from @@Sal1ent or @@Deez about whether two-player split screen multiplayer (that Josh tweeted about in December last year) is still in the game, as having at least some local multiplayer capability is important to a number of fans, myself included.

They can just save themselves the trouble and say current hardware implementations cannot provide a suitable gaming experience for split screen play.

But that would be too easy right?

They can just save themselves the trouble and say current hardware implementations cannot provide a suitable gaming experience for split screen play.

The fact that the game experience is noticeably diminished in split screen play for co-op is more or less what Frank's NeoGAF post detailed. What lacks confirmation at this point is whether the same issues have appeared for local multiplayer and whether two-player split-screen for multiplayer, not co-op, which Josh tweeted about a number of months ago, will be in the game.

Gonna risk sounding like the tinfoil hat here.

Maybe it wouldn't have been that different if Halo 5 did have Split Screen Co-Op, people who are coming back to MCC will probably want to grind the campaign achievements with their friends after finishing Halo 5's campaign, instead, regardless of bugs or sporadic progress deletion.

Because let's face it, Split screen was going to die inventively. It has been getting worse since Halo: Reach with some objects that don't effect the game gone compared to playing by yourself to having Halo 4 where the HUD was fucked to shit. Not only that, having No ranking system in Halo Reach where split screening is allowed is absolutely annoying. And Halo 4 made it worse by allowing split screeners to play some ranked playlist.

I will always hate split screening with the exception of Campaign unless the game play is altered. In matchmaking, split screen players are nothing but cancer. They either really good players who happen to be on the other team, or you get split screen players on your team that blow bigger ass than Nicki Minaj's rap. Sometimes, you get both in the same game.

So yes, games that don't support split screen online multiplayer is a God send imo.

2 player campaign split screen lags way more than 2 player split screen MP because there is so much more stuff to render and load. So why do you like it?

Would anyone wager a guess that the Master Chief would adopt a Machiavellian Ideology (militant persona) depending on the outcome? Granted he'll never 'betray' his teammates, but lose his patience towards every political power that may be?

There's so many changes in Halo 5 after the beta... that I'm honestly interested if there's gonna be a second Beta.

Like... both Josh Holmes and Boss Ronnie have been touching the topic of 'How the Beta Helped Develop the Game' and hinting how importan a beta is.

Second Beta couple months before Halo 5? Could be possible. Nobody expected a Beta 10 months before release.

Josh Holmes stated that there definitely will not be a second halo 5 beta, however theyre super happy with how it re-shaped halo 5 after we had our say in it. Thats why theyre so excited about this one.

Josh Holmes stated that there definitely will not be a second halo 5 beta, however theyre super happy with how it re-shaped halo 5 after we had our say in it. Thats why theyre so excited about this one.

Orange, you suck. Just because you're premium and an orange, doesn't mean you can crush my dreams... Even tho I loved orange juice, I hate you now.

/joking

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

They really did a proper job with Fillion, I almost wish a Halo 3 ODST scene remade with this kind of detail would exist. A demo basically.

It might not go over very well if one of the leaders of the flagship Xbox franchise publicly insulted the Xbox One's capabities.

Can't get over how good this looks

Halo-5-Guardians-Buck.jpg

Its a 3D render dont' expect the Xbox to do the same. DEVs have been showing PC made 3D renders for years now...

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 8

Its a 3D render dont' expect the Xbox to do the same. DEVs have been showing PC made 3D renders for years now...

I thought that's in engine. Along with all game informer screens

Have you actually seen H4's graphics on an 8-year old console?..

I have a feeling the inability to drop below 60fps, the drop in/out co-op, and the revive feature are all tied to the same thing.

I think that the cloud rumors are correct and you won't really be playing H5 on your box as much as you will be using your box to connect to a campaign running on a server.

It would explain why a frame rate drop would be such a problem - your client side game would be running slower than the host.

It would explain the addition of drop in/out co-op. Players would just be joining the server, so you wouldn't have to recreate the game to add players.

And it explains the revive feature. This way the server can keep running the game and not revert to checkpoints, possibly over and over. The host game just keeps running. Would keep the game from having to remember exact locations of dozens of enemies and having to save checkpoints.

My guess is that we'll see the checkpoint system dramatically change, if not be elinated. I would bet checkpoints will only come at preset story moments and almost always at a cut scene.

Orange, you suck. Just because you're premium and an orange, doesn't mean you can crush my dreams... Even tho I loved orange juice, I hate you now.

/joking

</3

lmfao Im just a dream ruining orange. Orange juice is good, except for when you throw it up.

You dont know what I'd do for an Orange name... but I won't even bother asking for that. lol

I wonder how exactly they're going to handle the AI being useful in combat and not-dying.  Obviously there's the whole "you don't want them to beat the game for the player", as well as the more complicated abilities they have to use.  Spartan NPCs in Halo 4 couldn't jump or use armor abilities, but I guess they built this new engine w/ player-level AI in mind.

And then the whole death thing: I feel like gears-style revives might be the best way to handle that, but I can see a lot of people complaining.  Straight up respawning would feel silly, and invincibility can lead to some weird situations as Reach showed.

One thing I was already wondering about was how they were going to beef up enemies to counter all the new abilities spartans have.  Those abilities combined with four times as many spartans makes me think we'll be fighting a whole lot of enemies. at once.

EDIT: remember, "in-engine" doesn't mean "that's how it will actually look when running in the game".  In-engine assets are created at super high levels of detail so they can reduce detail as needed to improve performance, since they don't know exactly how detailed they will be able to make it in the final game until it's well underway, and assets take a long time to make so they need to start creating them before they're ready to implement them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

/joking

</3

lmfao Im just a dream ruining orange. Orange juice is good, except for when you throw it up.

You dont know what I'd do for an Orange name... but I won't even bother asking for that. lol

So many of the word "orange".

Can I become staff so my name is orange? I love that colour so much.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Following this game is comedy. They just keep making it worse and worse.

Yet it's still a million times better than H3 :holmes:

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Yet it's still a million times better than H3 :holmes:

Shots fired :walshy:

I've been looking forward to Halo 5 somewhat for a while, even with all the things i hate about it, because its looking to be a solid game still. But then i play or watch some Halo 4 game play and just think.... nah fuck 343

Any thoughts on the weapon pic leaks from r/halo ? 

- Boltshot is back. YAY! But apparently the shotgun-charge is gone :/ now fires two rounds which track slightly...

- Incineration Cannon has a battery now instead of clips, and the longer you charge up, the more powerful. Sounds good.

- DMR scope has been immensely improved.

- Suppressor is back. Fires slower.

- And Railgun of course is back.

Also, the Pistol ROF has slowed... 4sk now maybe?

• Upvote (+1) 4

I've been looking forward to Halo 5 somewhat for a while, even with all the things i hate about it, because its looking to be a solid game still. But then i play or watch some Halo 4 game play and just think.... nah fuck 343

except everything that made h4 what it was is gone...