CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Every Sunday, and it runs like shit, and you can't say it doesn't. The frame drops are pretty silly.  

It runs like shit solo.

They can't make something not possible, possible. They won't sacrifice performance for split screen. I know it sucks, but the Xbox one can't handle it

Wow. An 8th generation console cannot handle split-screen gaming for Halo. Can you imagine how embarrassed you would have been to find out that the Xbox One, one of most advanced consoles of this day and age, cannot handle split-screen because of the performance, as an employee?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Co-op stuff aside, im actually allowing myself to be a little hyped. Not totally, im trying not to be, but come E3 i know i'll be a sticky mess. 

MCC hurt a lot of us on staff

Yeah, you should see my hospital bill

• Upvote (+1) 3

I wasn't going to make this post until Sunday, but here it is:

OPEN WARNING v2 - REGARDING MCC COMPLAINTS WITH H5:

If anyone drags the issues on Halo: The Master Chief Collection into this thread, it will be removed (bans will follow if it continues). We get it, we really do but if you want to pout or try and start some #hashtag movement that won't work. Do it somewhere else, if you have any real qualms or issues with MCC take it over to the official thread. This is a new game game, technically by a different team at 343 Industries. This is the Halo 5: Guardians thread.

Again, trust me I get the issues everyone had. MCC hurt a lot of us on staff and the community but you can only beat that horse dead so many times. I'm not trying to defend 343i/Microsoft but trying to make this thread friendly to new users and the community as a whole moving forward.

If you have questions feel free to PM me.

Thanks.

You can go ahead and remove it.

Every Sunday, and it runs like shit, and you can't say it doesn't. The frame drops are pretty silly.

Then why do you still play it?

3fd.png

You're like saying it would be okay if they removed BTB (8v8) because Slayer (4v4) is still there, and thus there is still multiplayer.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 8

You're like saying it would be okay if they removed BTB (8v8) because Slayer (4v4) is still there, and thus there is still multiplayer.

What?

They're saying that if there was a Gungoose CTF playlist in the MCC that struggled to maintain 6 concurrent players, they wouldn't create one for H5.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You still don't understand what I was saying

• Upvote (+1) 1

343 just lost alot of the Columbian Halo fan-base with the no split-screen move lol. :kappa:

But seriously I would be pissed if I was a little kid with no money and Xbox and I couldn't play splitscreen Halo with my big bro on XB1 like many people used to do.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think you understood what I was saying either.

Obviously because you didn't understand what I was saying

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What about these additions doesn't fit Halo? Master Chief has generally always started with an Assault Rifle and Magnum, I see nothing wrong with having other members of Blue Team start with different weapons that reflect what we know of the characters, which brings more variety to the campaign for both solo and cooperative play (this also extends to Fireteam Osiris). In fact the addition of squad commands is perhaps the most interesting development in Halo campaigns for a while, which just makes it unfortunate that local split-screen co-op is no longer an option, but the free online alternative is nice. As for your complaints about the campaign story, I can't agree at all here, 343 have done a great job developing Halo's story and the Hunt the Truth episodes have been really engaging and well produced, if you haven't checked them out, I recommend that you do.

Ok, so I don't like the idea of the chief getting killed off, which they said in a previous statement somewhere, that it was a good possibility. wtf is halo without master chief? Not to mention no split-screen campaign. I grew up playing nothing but split screen campaign with my brother. how many households do you know of that has TWO xbox ones and TWO copies of the same game? maybe spoiled brats like the ones that neg my posts ;)  The campaign I cant say much about, I only read a few articles about it, but I'm old school. I want to run, shoot, everyone have equal starts so scoring and gameplay can be the same for everyone. So when you out do your friend, you can say "we all had the same settings, I'm just better!". Like I said, I'm old school, I grew up with the best of halo's (CE, 2, 3), I didn't care for campaign in ODST or Reach. I don't like where the campaign is going. I cant say anything concrete on whether I like it or not, but I'm saying it sounds like I wont. You have YOUR opinion and I have mine.

halo 3 had different coop characters that had the elite HUD, and differing weapons, this literally a logical extension of that. As for npc commands and reviving, explain how it isn't halo, that would imply it's going against something in halo. Simply saying it didn't have this feature before is not a real reason.

Halo 3 had two alternatives. All it's going to do is add another player to fight over, everyone's going to want to be the sniper. Even with the arbitor and chief gameplay, they had balanced weapons. Br/carbine. AR/Plasma rifle. Pistol/Plasma pistol. I hated it though, because if I wasn't player one I couldn't be the chief (I hate covy weapons) Why would I waste my time watching more of 343's BS when they still haven't made their game work yet? Just recently they added ranks, and I rarely have any problems anymore, but i also rarely play matchmaking due to the aggravation it's caused me over the past 6 months.

I'm mostly disappointed in the multiplayer though. Halo MCC will probably be my last Halo game. Least they have half-ass rank systems now.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo 3 had two alternatives. All it's going to do is add another player to fight over, everyone's going to want to be the sniper. Even with the arbitor and chief gameplay, they had balanced weapons. Br/carbine. AR/Plasma rifle. Pistol/Plasma pistol. I hated it though, because if I wasn't player one I couldn't be the chief (I hate covy weapons)

Let me just stop you to point out that the plasma pistol is NOT a balanced alternative to the magnum in any shape or form, especially not in campaign.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Let me just stop you to point out that the plasma pistol is NOT a balanced alternative to the magnum in any shape or form, especially not in campaign.

Well for campaign specifically the plasma pistol is potentially the best gun in the game barring rockets and  it being a flood mission. Not too many better ways to kill that obscene bullet sponge they like to call an Elite in some versions of legendary with skulls on. Unless you were implying that the PP is actually super OP compared to a pistol 

• Upvote (+1) 4

What handicap? Do you really think playing split-screen equals playing bad?

Sure you might get some guests who play for the first time but you get just as many bad people playing alone..

I didn't say always, but yes more times than not when I come across guests in game the team with guests/guests ends up on the losing end unless they get carried