CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

That scope isn't too bad, certainly allows for more visibility, but could be better, Hopefully it is. Other things like the new I creation cannon being a charged based weapon sounds good, as well as it being battery powered instead of individual ammo cartriges.

Hard to fully tell but it doesn't look like vision is totally obstructed around the scope.

I much much prefer the new scope, even if it is purely a familiarity thing.

it's actually a little better than this, but it could still use work.

4 player split screen is a feature.

Completely ignored the content of my post but ok.

Look at this game just running like shit on 4 player split screen

Would you just look at it

Yeah but the OG Xbox was an absolute beast for its time. The 360 was also a worthwhile upgrade.

The One might as well be a downgrade from the 360 with the amount of features lost and how awful it runs the games designed for it.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Completely ignored the content of my post but ok.

4 player split screen MP is no longer possible in Halo 5. 2 player split screen co-op is no longer possible in Halo 5.

Happy?

• Downvote (-1) 1

Nobody is saying it isn't a downgrade but the point is, four player split screen would have hurt Halo 5 more than it would have benefited the six people who still used it in 2015. 

For split screen, the game has to render items per how many people are currently playing. If it's four players, it has to render the game four times. Bungie and 343 tried to make it a lot better in the past by decreasing the visual fidelity of everything and even then, the game ran like shit. 

Cutting it down to two players is a lot more desirable than cutting it entirely. If 343 are confident they can keep a steady 60fps with the game needing to render twice, then let them do it. 

We shouldn't be punishing the people who play on a single screen because six people want to play with their friends in a living room that one time.

They tried decreasing the visuals? Isn't that what they spent most of their resources into which is why it ran like shit? 

H2A 4 player split screen works fine for me. I doubt the reason it appears broken is because of 4 player split screen. The entire MCC is broken.

Most split screen players are casual and don't give a f*ck about framerate. Plus if they lowered the resolution and textures enough, 60 FPS still wouldn't be possible? Or is 343 just lazy?

I flat out refuse to believe that you keep a consistent frame rate on Stonetown at the very least. That map drops noticeably to 40FPS during single player play. Don't try and play the "MCC" card, split-screen support was terrible in Halo 4 and it's just as bad in MCC with Halo 4 and Halo 2 Anniversary. 

The issue with lower the textures is impostering can only go so far. Impostering is what both Bungie, 343 Industries and a lot of studios do for their games which allows them to make objects to look different the further you get away from them and as you get closer, they will look normal again. 

At some point, you need to stop impostering and simply remove the object and at that point, you're literally offering an advantage for people who play splitscreen because they can no longer see that object on their screen and can see past it.

60FPS would be entirely possible if they made the game look like Minecraft and that isn't their goal and seriously shouldn't be their goal as a AAA developer. 

It's as simple as this: couch co-op is a dying thing. With the introduction of Xbox LIVE and Playstation Network, you can easily hop into games, play with your buddies and have a blast while you and them are both at home. Why should 343 continue to dumb down the game because you and a few friends want to play four player split screen every once in a while.

It's a poor business decision that makes the experience worse for everyone but you.

4 player split screen MP is no longer possible in Halo 5. 2 player split screen co-op is no longer possible in Halo 5.

Happy?

I understand that. But as far as we know we can still do 2 player split screen MP while we can't do split screen at all on campaign. You say that is equal. You are missing a feature while another is brought down. That is not equal.

I flat out refuse to believe that you keep a consistent frame rate on Stonetown at the very least. That map drops noticeably to 40FPS during single player play. Don't try and play the "MCC" card, split-screen support was terrible in Halo 4 and it's just as bad in MCC with Halo 4 and Halo 2 Anniversary. 

The issue with lower the textures is impostering can only go so far. Impostering is what both Bungie, 343 Industries and a lot of studios do for their games which allows them to make objects to look different the further you get away from them and as you get closer, they will look normal again. 

At some point, you need to stop impostering and simply remove the object and at that point, you're literally offering an advantage for people who play splitscreen because they can no longer see that object on their screen and can see past it.

60FPS would be entirely possible if they made the game look like Minecraft and that isn't their goal and seriously shouldn't be their goal as a AAA developer. 

It's as simple as this: couch co-op is a dying thing. With the introduction of Xbox LIVE and Playstation Network, you can easily hop into games, play with your buddies and have a blast while you and them are both at home. Why should 343 continue to dumb down the game because you and a few friends want to play four player split screen every once in a while.

It's a poor business decision that makes the experience worse for everyone but you.

Did you completly ignore my point of split screen gamers not giving a f*ck about framerate?

I understand that. But as far as we know we can still do 2 player split screen MP while we can't do split screen at all on campaign. You say that is equal. You are missing a feature while another is brought down. That is not equal.

4 player split screen is a feature, like I said before. IDK how you can argue that.

• Downvote (-1) 2

They aren't (at least not for Halo 5) going to re-do the way the entire game works just so they can literally please you and five others who still split screen with more than one other friend. 

Yeah, we understand they aren't going to do a lot of things by now, lol. 

The most fun I've ever had playing video games is on 4 player split in H1 and 2v2 on SSBM. (regardless of the framerate drop)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Did you completly ignore my point of split screen gamers not giving a f*ck about framerate?

Have you completely ignore the multiple comments about how the games simulation requires 60fps?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah but the OG Xbox was an absolute beast for its time. The 360 was also a worthwhile upgrade.

The One might as well be a downgrade from the 360 with the amount of features lost and how awful it runs the games designed for it.

it's a down grade in that the features it has aren't as expansive or stable, but definitely an upgrade in tech, just not nearly as impressive relative to the competition.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I'm sorry, Halo 2 Anni runs like fucking shit on split screen let alone 4 player. To say things like lets reduce the textures, resolution and all that shit, is naive, at best.You can' just go in and cut everything in half and have twice the resources you previously had, it doesn't work like that.  Armchair developing isn't productive. If they can't do it, they can't do it, simple as that. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

4 player split screen is a feature, like I said before. IDK how you can argue that.

Are you completely ignoring my comments about Halo 5: Guardians NEEDING 60fps to work properly? 

Also, who on earth are you to speak for every person who plays split-screen?

I'm sorry, Halo 2 Anni runs like fucking shit on split screen let alone 4 player. To say things like lets reduce the textures, resolution and all that shit, is naive, at best.You can' just go in and cut everything in half and have twice the resources you previously had, it doesn't work like that.  Armchair developing isn't productive. If they can't do it, they can't do it, simple as that.

How often do you play H2A split screen? I do almost every night and nobody that I play with has once complained.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

How often do you play H2A split screen? I do almost every night and nobody that I play with has once complained.

Every Sunday, and it runs like shit, and you can't say it doesn't. The frame drops are pretty silly.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

The over saturation of the weapon sandbox continues. Hooray for redundancy. Stop making guns for what is essentially a 14 gun game that used to be an 10 gun game, Bungie started doing the same thing, its always been an 8-12 gun game, only way it changes is by adding power weapons, guns like the suppressor only cause problems in regards to the sandbox

• Upvote (+1) 1

They can't make something not possible, possible. They won't sacrifice performance for split screen. I know it sucks, but the Xbox one can't handle it

• Upvote (+1) 1

is digital pre-order available? i've only found disc pre-order.

People on GAF were saying next week. I don't know how true that is

• Upvote (+1) 1

In the new gameinformer video Josh all but confirms that there will be buy-able skins in Halo 5 "You wont have to pay for dlc in the FORM of maps".

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2015/06/10/evolved-combat-how-halo-5-guardians-is-breaking-tradition.aspx

5:00

That's a good thing imo. As long as there is a fair amount of customization for free.

I said years ago that I would take cosmetic micro transactions if it meant free maps.

• Upvote (+1) 2