CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Can't wait until I need a fucking gold account to play single player in Halo 6

You do realise that gold has always been required for online co-op... right?

That's right – the days of Halo being a social LAN party game could very well be over if we don't voice our disapproval of this.

But they already are?

But they already are?

No, not really. The LAN community has only been crippled insofar as 343 has implemented poor LAN/split-screen support its titles, Halo 4 and MCC. Saying "it's not used much anymore" while the very reason for that is that 343 provided poor support is circular logic. I'm not saying you're saying that, but I've heard that quite a bit.

No, not really. The LAN community has only been crippled insofar as 343 has implemented poor LAN/split-screen support its titles, Halo 4 and MCC. Saying "it's not used much anymore" while the very reason for that is that 343 provided poor support is circular logic. I'm not saying you're saying that, but I've heard that quite a bit.

I understand this much, but since transition from this 360, the infrastructure to support LAN is smaller than ever and that's not even talking about the games themselves. There seems like there's very little that the hardware allows for when it comes to this stuff. I can see how 343 should at least make LAN work since there's the whole HCS stuff going on, but the point I want to make is that there's so little support for LAN that I have trouble seeing them bend over backwards to make extensive splitscreen work.

Let's face it, the Xbox One is a weak console for today's standards, has the worst UI and customization, and is designed to work 100% around online/Xbox Live. It's hard to make games circumvent something like this, despite how bad people want it. Maintaining 60 FPS is the biggest factor here, and I don't even think the game can run native 1080p. Don't get even me started on putting network engineering in the hands of 343, MCC speaks for itself.

Either way the point seems to remain that Halo as is does not really have a big LAN scene anymore. CoD and Nintendo games seem to have long since replaced/retaken the LAN party feel too. 

Sounds like you forgot what the old one was like...

610ced203754e3a9657c81cc06b86c2e.png

Neither are good, but I do prefer that one. You retain peripheral vision with it.

But that's wrong. It looks like a Call of Duty sniper now.

Take a look at H4 and Reach's DMR scope design. The fixed scope is more akin to those, not a dirty Fish Snipe.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Neither are good, but I do prefer that one. You retain peripheral vision with it.

I always thought it was supposed to be a trade-off of scoping in. But at least now the screen isn't obstructed with stuff that ADS nothing to the game. 

Take a look at H4 and Reach's DMR scope design. The fixed scope is more akin to those, not a dirty Fish Snipe.

Are we looking at the same image? The corners are entirely blacked out.

It basically looks like this:

Mosin-Nagant_Scope_BO.png

OPEN WARNING TO ALL:

Please DO NOT post leaks, magazine scans, etc on our forums, please do not bother to PM or message on social media regarding them. Leaks and scans will be removed along with possible ban for that member.

Thanks.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Where are you guys getting info on the dmrs current scope? Have they shown the updated one yet?

Where are you guys getting info on the dmrs current scope? Have they shown the updated one yet?

There may or may not have been a Halo 5 leak. Not that I would know anything on the subject.

Let's be honest, as soon as you realized that the Xbox One didn't have controller ports in the front, you knew it wasn't a console designed for a lot of people to game on.

Actually they advertized the Xbox One to be able to connect up to 6 controllers at once...which it can. Only game I've seen it used for is Monopoly, though.

@@CyReN

And just to clarify: Discussing about the leaks, magazines, etc is all good, right?

That's fine.

Remember, a lot of this stuff can be alpha/placeholder/etc. I'd wait for something official from 343i/MS before people start arguing or happy regarding possible decisions.

Sounds like you forgot what the old one was like...

610ced203754e3a9657c81cc06b86c2e.png

it's so bad it looks like a terrible photoshop

• Upvote (+1) 2

That's fine.

Remember, a lot of this stuff can be alpha/placeholder/etc. I'd wait for something official from 343i/MS before people start arguing or happy regarding possible decisions.

As per Frankie on NeoGAF:

It almost verbatim the beta code. So I would basically ignore everything you're looking at.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=167250520&postcount=6687