CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

He also said we could see some glimpses of that simulation at E3 ;) And yes using the word simulation sounds like some cloud tech to me. Other 60fps game had Splitscreen etc and never had to simulate stuff ;)

Bro, stop winking at me good lord. You're literally making the biggest assumption that he's talking about cloud tech because he used the word simulation when it is fact that a lot of Halo's stuff only works correctly when the framerate is stable. Hence the multi-kills being fucked on Halo 2 Anniversary's MP on Stonetown.

343 just keeps dropping the ball.

Next up: "20 maps at launch was referring to campaign, firefight and multiplayer maps, including remixes and forge maps. I want to extend my sincere apologies to our fans, and to Game Informer, for this error and any confusion it has caused."

Jumping the gun big time there. They just cleared up some (huge) miscommunication. If something as big as map DLC was incorrect, we'd have had that clarified too.

Everyone is acting like it's 343's fault that they have to shed campaign split screen. Blame the Xbox One, or the generally increasing graphical fidelity of games. It's not an easy task to run a next gen game on this hardware at 60fps. They are probably already cutting corners trying to get to 900p or 1080p. There's probably a good reason why they couldn't just dumb down the graphics to get the game to run at 60fps on split. I don't know the programming involved, but they do.

It was special that Halo had the split screen for as long as it did, but split has been gradually decreasing across the board for video games, and this was Halo's turn.

There are probably very good reasons as to why the game's mechanics are tied to frames per second, and I forgive them for not writing a code based on accommodating split screen campaign users. They aren't doing it to spite people, and most of the posts on this topic are hyperbolic and immature.

• Upvote (+1) 9

The Xbox One is yet to run smoothly at all, I thought the updates from the past four months or so would actually improve its performance. It's worse than Vista on a dying hard drive. Okay maybe not that bad but sequential/core applications take up to a minute for some reason to boot.

The Xbox One is yet to run smoothly at all, I thought the updates from the past four months or so would actually improve its performance. It's worse than Vista on a dying hard drive. Okay maybe not that bad but sequential/core applications take up to a minute for some reason to boot.

Snap is awful. I have reset the game I'm playing way too much. Party chat is still crappy. Outside of those things, and the power of the machine not being anywhere near where it needs to be, it's not bad. Hopefully that DirectX update is big for Microsoft.

I suppose it's a small step that 343 let this cat out of the bag 4 months before launch and didn't wait until November to say "lol tuff shit plebs". That's progress, right?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I would still like to see the clarification on how forge maps and the breakout arena is qualified in the 20 maps. @@Frankie @@Sal1ent

This may be something they're waiting for next week when they show off the bigger experience though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would rather there be no mp splitscreen, especially if it meant taking away from other aspects. I dislike being in games with players sharing a screen, too many times it is a handicap for whichever team has those players

it's getting windows 10 eventually, which I find interesting.

I would rather there be no mp splitscreen, especially if it meant taking away from other aspects. I dislike being in games with players sharing a screen, too many times it is a handicap for whichever team has those players

What handicap? Do you really think playing split-screen equals playing bad?

Sure you might get some guests who play for the first time but you get just as many bad people playing alone..

it's getting windows 10 eventually, which I find interesting.

Hopefully that doesn't fuck up Halo 5 netcode or something like that, i think we are getting it around september.

That Gold Visor looks sexy, but does that mean the dark Orange/Copper 'Legendary Visor' stand as its own now? Or is that the color its sticking to?

EDIT: merge post below to here.

Hopefully that doesn't fuck up Halo 5 netcode or something like that, i think we are getting it around september.

Windows 10 is supposedly a 'light' operating system, that and highly adaptable too. It needs to grow before getting a universal, one size fits all architecture apparently.

Just caught up with 2 months+ of halo news and lore and I'm still not interested in Halo 5. I'm excited for the campaign though.

Will rent a month or two after release/10

Gold visors>>>

So nice to have them back

Halo-5-Guardians-Blue-Team-Campaign-4.pn

chief has a green and black skin suit. I'm a bit bummed out by that.

The new DMR scope is hideous.

the view through it or the physical scope design, personally I thought the dmr looked great in the beta, it's that aiming was atrocious.

I need take a moment to make an important correction on something we miscommunicated in the story. I misspoke during the interview when stating that online co-op campaign would be supported with an Xbox Live Silver account. Co-op campaign will require Xbox Live Gold to play. I want to extend my sincere apologies to our fans, and to Game Informer, for this error and any confusion it has caused.

......ouch

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/clarity-regarding-halo-5-guardians-online-co-op-access

Can't wait until I need a fucking gold account to play single player in Halo 6

For those who don't know, Halo 5 will only have 2-player split-screen support for multiplayer (according to multiple tweets from Josh Holmes). Even more maddening, it will have NO split-screen co-op campaign (according to Game Informers latest insider reveals). That's right – the days of Halo being a social LAN party game could very well be over if we don't voice our disapproval of this.

Twitter is our best avenue to reach 343i's ears on this. It only takes a second to do, and you may be surprised at the results. The hashtag #Halo5Splitscreen is gaining some momentum on Twitter. I encourage anyone who wants to see splitscreen survive to Tweet using this hashtag to any 343 employees in a constructive but resolute manner (so no death threats, mm'kay?)

Here's a list of known 343 Twitter accounts you can tweet to.

Here's my tweet that I think gets the message across. Please retweet it and include twitter handles of other 343 employees on the list from the above link.

And here is the page with all tweets using the #Halo5Splitscreen hashtag. Pleas FAV/RT any good tweets on there.

This may be our only decent chance to make this happen, people. Let's do this.

• Upvote (+1) 1