CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Staying zoomed in, being able to have sprint with your AA and not being able to drop the flag changed the game entirely.

Oh and all the maps sucked.

Not disagreeing with you.  I just found Reach to be worse.

Halo Reach and Halo 4 have their moments, but Halo 4 is not even 1/5 feature packed Halo Reach was. Before I lost my first Xbox Live account I had maybe around 300 forge world maps saved. :P

Yup, Reach carried over the great custom community Halo 3 had fairly well.  Lot of great maps and gametypes to play.

Not disagreeing with you.  I just found Reach to be worse.

Oh okay. I can understand that because they both look pretty awful in the wake of the original 3.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Reach had invasion and forge. That's all I needed to keep playing that game. Also I enjoyed the campaign and story quite a bit.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Playlist wise, right off the start the game should be stacked with playlist.

Ranked

Lonewolves 6-8 Players

Team Slayer 4v4

Team Objective 5v5

Team Doubles 2v2

Halo Championship Series 4v4

Team Snipers 4v4

Breakout 4v4

Unranked

Rumble Pit 6-8 Players

Team Slayer 5v5

Team SWAT 4v4

Big Team Battle 8v8

Multi Team 4 Teams of 2

Grifball 4v4

Living Dead 10-13 Players

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ranked

Lonewolves 6-8 Players

Team Slayer 4v4

Team Objective 5v5

Team Doubles 2v2

Team Snipers 4v4

Breakout 4v4

Unranked

Rumble Pit 6-8 Players

Team Slayer 5v5

Team SWAT 4v4

Big Team Battle 8v8

Multi Team 4 Teams of 2

Grifball 4v4

About unranked playlists...

[playlists]

Changes I would make is to not have Rumble Pit and SWAT in unranked since that's redundant since Lonewolves and SWAT are already in ranked. And I've always liked Multi-team being 4 teams of 3 since parties of 2 have a Doubles playlists and parties of 3 will have a playlists for them as well.

So basically this

Ranked (in order of drop down)

• Team Slayer (4v4)
  • FFA (6-8 players)
  • Halo Championship Series (4v4)
  • Team Objective (4v4)
  • Team Doubles (2v2)
  • Team Snipers (4v4)
  • Breakout (4v4)

Social (in order of drop down)

• Big Team Battle (8v8)
  • Multi-Team (4 teams of 3)
  • Grifball (4v4)
  • Action Sack (includes Infection and various relaxed gametypes)
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Am I missing something?

According to quinn anything and everything in Halo needs to be ranked. Say goodbye to the casual fun of action sack and griffball.  Because everything in H5 will be hardcore ranked matches.

• Upvote (+1) 3

According to quinn anything and everything in Halo needs to be ranked. Say goodbye to the casual fun of action sack and griffball.  Because everything in H5 will be hardcore ranked matches.

That was his opinion on twitter and to be fair, he's from Starcraft so I feel that he's not used to relaxed gametypes in games. He no longer works at 343, and with 343's history of liking BTB and Infection, I wouldn't expect Halo 5 to not have social playlists.

That was his opinion on twitter and to be fair, he's from Starcraft so I feel that he's not used to relaxed gametypes in games. He no longer works at 343, and with 343's history of liking BTB and Infection, I wouldn't expect Halo 5 to not have social playlists.

I didn't know this.  My bad, I stand corrected :)  I suppose nothing is guaranteed then, I just read into his tweet too much.

Ranked

Lonewolves 6-8 Players

Team Slayer 4v4

Team Objective 5v5

Team Doubles 2v2

Team Snipers 4v4

Breakout 4v4

Unranked

Rumble Pit 6-8 Players

Team Slayer 5v5

Team SWAT 4v4

Big Team Battle 8v8

Multi Team 4 Teams of 2

Grifball 4v4

I'd argue that BTB should be ranked...there are a lot of community members that strictly play btb and there is actual strategy in bigger teams. It remains to be seen how btb will play in H5 though. 

Additionally, I liked multiteam when it was 3 man teams, this way no matter how many guys you have in your lobby from 1-8 players, there is always a playlist that fits perfectly.

Changes I would make is to not have Rumble Pit and SWAT in unranked since that's redundant since Lonewolves and SWAT are already in ranked. And I've always liked Multi-team being 4 teams of 3 since parties of 2 have a Doubles playlists and parties of 3 will have a playlists for them as well.

So basically this

• Team Slayer (4v4)
  • FFA (6-8 players)
  • Team Objective (4v4)
  • Team Doubles (2v2)
  • Team Snipers (4v4)
  • Breakout (4v4)

• Big Team Battle (8v8)
  • Grifball (4v4)

You need to have Social Slayer as well, perhaps infection as well as that's always a very highly populated playlist.

Quinn is gone? I don't know whether to like this or not.

Quinn's not gone, I think @@EagleBurn meant Josh Menke.

Although I'm pretty sure Quinn said that he liked everything to be ranked as well...

Quinn's not gone, I think @@EagleBurn meant Josh Menke.

Although I'm pretty sure Quinn said that he liked everything to be ranked as well...

Woops, I did. Menke did say that on twitter as well

So basically this

• Team Slayer (4v4)
  • FFA (6-8 players)
  • Team Objective (4v4)
  • Team Doubles (2v2)
  • Team Snipers (4v4)
  • Breakout (4v4)

• Big Team Battle (8v8)
  • Grifball (4v4)

I agree with the Multi Team the rest not so much, I think its extremely important for the competitive players and causal players to get the best of both worlds.  An the reason why I said have 5v5 Ranked Objective & 5v5 Social Slayer is to have more variety into Matchmaking.

I love ranks just as much as the next guy an playing hard matches 24/7 however that's not fair to the non competitive crowd who just like sitting back an enjoying the game stress free.

I'd argue that BTB should be ranked...there are a lot of community members that strictly play btb and there is actual strategy in bigger teams.

An yeah I've been wanting Ranked BTB to be a thing for the longest time or at least a Squad Battle return.

Ranked

Lonewolves 6-8 Players

Team Slayer 4v4

Team Objective 5v5

Team Doubles 2v2

Team Snipers 4v4

Breakout 4v4

Unranked

Rumble Pit 6-8 Players

Team Slayer 5v5

Team SWAT 4v4

Big Team Battle 8v8

Multi Team 4 Teams of 2

Grifball 4v4

That's at least six playlists too many.

We also don't know whether or not BTB will be the usual 8v8 or be that battlefield shit that's been rumored to death. If it's the latter then it will probably demand more than one playlist.

How many play lists are we expecting? Safe to say we'll get ranked and social playlists for FFA, 2v2, 4v4 and big team, so there's 8 right away. Breakout will probably have at least one playlist, and people's expect playlists for Snipers, Swat, Action Sack and HCS/Hardcore. I feel like that's too many, but you can't really cut any of these without pissing people off. Hopefully matchmaking isn't a complete clusterfuck like it is in MCC.

That was his opinion on twitter and to be fair, he's from Starcraft so I feel that he's not used to relaxed gametypes in games.

Are you implying that there's no casual gametypes in Starcraft?

That's at least six playlists too many.

We also don't know whether or not BTB will be the usual 8v8 or be that battlefield shit that's been rumored to death. If it's the latter then it will probably demand more than one playlist.

They better not ruin BTB!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why would there be two versions of FFA, 2s, 4s, and BTB? That's just a waste. BTB (as we know it) is inherently casual, there's no sense in making it ranked unless there's an overwhelming demand for it. 2s are inherently competitive, but we have no idea how 2s will play in this game (probably not well) and it's safe to say that 343 didn't make 2s a priority in their design process, so I'm wondering why it's even necessary to have that at launch. Plug that in later. Ranked FFA and Rumble Pit should have vastly different player counts, like six for the former and twelve for the latter, and gametypes.

The only 4v4 playlists in the game should both be ranked; HCS (which should be objective-heavy) and team slayer.

RANKED

Team Slayer

Lone Wolves

Halo Championship Series

UNRANKED

Breakout

5v5 Skirmish

Rumble Pit

BTB

Grifball

There, no clutter.

Why would there be two versions of FFA, 2s, 4s, and BTB? That's just a waste. BTB (as we know it) is inherently casual, there's no sense in making it ranked unless there's an overwhelming demand for it. 2s are inherently competitive, but we have no idea how 2s will play in this game (probably not well) and it's safe to say that 343 didn't make 2s a priority in their design process, so I'm wondering why it's even necessary to have that at launch. Plug that in later. Ranked FFA and Rumble Pit should have vastly different player counts, like six for the former and twelve for the latter, and gametypes.

The only 4v4 playlists in the game should both be ranked; HCS (which should be objective-heavy) and team slayer.

RANKED

Team Slayer

Lone Wolves

Halo Championship Series

UNRANKED

Breakout

5v5 Skirmish

Rumble Pit

BTB

Grifball

There, no clutter.

Why is BTB inherently casual?

RANKED

Team Slayer

Lone Wolves

Halo Championship Series

UNRANKED

Breakout

5v5 Skirmish

Rumble Pit

BTB

Grifball

There, no clutter.

We already know Breakout is going to be ranked.

Why is BTB inherently casual?

"Inherently casual" might have been overshooting it, but 8v8 (or more) invites aimless chaos and attracts the people that just want to ride around the map on a mongoose all day. There's no reason to have a ranked version of that playlist.

"Inherently casual" might have been overshooting it, but 8v8 (or more) invites aimless chaos and attracts the people that just want to ride around the map on a mongoose all day. There's no reason to have a ranked version of that playlist.

It's kind of self regulating. I don't think hypothetical rank 50 BTB players would be trying to do Mongoose stunts. Do you?

• Upvote (+1) 3

I've seen people in Social Slayer run straight at each other with ARs. Does this mean 4v4 isn't competitive? There's 0 sense in denying people who take 8v8 seriously a proper playlist.

Your playlist suggestions are going to annoy a lot of people. You need some overlap between social and ranked, otherwise a lot of players probably won't bother with ranked.