CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Did Mishak ever elaborate on what the anomalies he was tracking were? Wonder if it had to do with that.

Not that I recall. Wonder what kind of anonalies he was tracking. Something in deep space he said. What if it was the flood reentering the galaxy taking over worlds? Or more likely it has something to do with the rebels.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not that I recall. Wonder what kind of anonalies he was tracking. Something in deep space he said. What if it was the flood reentering the galaxy taking over worlds? Or more likely it has something to do with the rebels.

It could be political, it could also be an attack on a few key outer colonies being covered up. Slipspace disturbances have been caused by the Flood but this may also involve Forerunner... Considering the technologies which run Shield World interior spheres.

Really wish we could get a side two episode miniseries of what is going through the Chief's head while all of this is going on. And his thoughts on Ben's leak.

Really wish we could get a side two episode miniseries of what is going through the Chief's head while all of this is going on. And his thoughts on Ben's leak.

The next comic series should, in my opinion, give a visual interpretation of Hunt the Truth. I found Second Sunrise over New Mombasa one of the best shorter pieces which happened to revolve around Benjamin Giraud.

The next comic series should, in my opinion, give a visual interpretation of Hunt the Truth. I found Second Sunrise over New Mombasa one of the best shorter pieces which happened to revolve around Benjamin Giraud.

A visual would be really nice. Would like to see all the out colony action and protests.

Wonder what mishak had to talk to Ben about. Wonder if those rebels are gonna come out of hiding now that ONI os going to have to deal with them as well as the UEG too. Could we see ONI go rouge as an agency?

It could be the Ancient Evil™ attacking the outer colonies described in the preorder synopsis. Putting this either directly before or during the events of Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is there anything particularly wrong with having lots of medals?

In my opinion yes there is as it significantly devalues them. In Halo 4 they were no longer medals, they were just images stating what kind of kill you got. In Halo 2 and 3 they actually meant something unusual or interesting happened (with the exception of beatdown which I still firmly believe shouldn't have been a medal).

In Halo 4 and 5 they just told you what kind of kill type you got "Rocket Kill" etc. The only one I liked was "reversal" which is a nice medal to see pop up, the rest of them make it redundant though. Too much information leads to blanking it out, IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 2

They need to bring back "killed  by" "sniped by" or "beat down by"

I hate seeing just killed for everyone's kills

• Upvote (+1) 3

It seems like there is a lot of stuff going on.  I suspect I know what they are going for with the 117/Locke split: Chief can be at the center of the big conflicts that drive the narrative, while Locke arrives to take stock of the aftermath: make you understand the cost.

This is the kind of thing that ODST did really well and would have helped out Reach a whole lot.  Halo 2's parallel protagonist approach just kind of makes it worse: now you have no relatable context for twice as many things.

I'm interested to see what the Didact and his buddies will look and behave like now, since Escalation basically gave them free reign to entirely reboot him.  I'm betting that they'll all be designed mostly as rarer Hunter-level enemies and bosses, and more often be directly supported by Covenant.  The concept that he's lacking resources could be good way to justify him getting beaten back and the focus the ending on ONI's reformation.  Then in Halo 6 there can be the actual final showdown against him at full strength, complicated by the return of The Flood.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Will some of you Halo lore guys explain the lore behind MCC not working to me? How is it that 343 spends 10x more money on advertising Halo 5 half a year from release than MCC half a year after release? How will this lore develop? What are your predictions?

What's the lore to everyone here buying Halo 5 after 343 fucked us? Why does everyone complain about 343 ruining this franchise yet they financially support 343 at every opportunity available? Is there multiple story angles to this? Any hidden archetypes?

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 11

Will some of you Halo lore guys explain the lore behind MCC not working to me? How is it that 343 spends 10x more money on advertising Halo 5 half a year from release than MCC half a year after release? How will this lore develop? What are your predictions?

What's the lore to everyone here buying Halo 5 after 343 fucked us? Why does everyone complain about 343 ruining this franchise yet they financially support 343 at every opportunity available? Is there multiple story angles to this? Any hidden archetypes?

Halo 5 will work because it's not anything like MCC, lol. Halo 4 didn't have any major issues, it just wasn't fun.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo 5 will work because it's not anything like MCC, lol. Halo 4 didn't have any major issues, it just wasn't fun.

Actually; the File Browser for Halo 4 was a complete mess at launch.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Actually; the File Browser for Halo 4 was a complete mess at launch.

True besides that the game worked fine if i recall. The game just sucked.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It had more bugs than Halo 3, Halo Reach and their betas combined...

I didn't really experience anything game breaking while I played it.

No ranks is no big deal I guess.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You're really pushing it
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I don't think you're using lore right. You're not very funny either.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Will some of you Halo lore guys explain the lore behind MCC not working to me?

Nobody has to pay to listen to an audio series on Tumblr. When did you even discover the internet, and why do you constantly shift your opinion of 343 like it's the weather?

Thank god Halopedia exists.

Lore for 343's Halo is based on Star Wars:

-Halo 4 was "A New Hope", which was a fairly well-recieved movie that had flaws which irked a lot of discerning folks. 

-MCC is "The Empire Strikes Back", a moment of celebration marred by a series of unfortunate events, but ending on a hopeful look to the future. (Halo 5 Beta)

- Halo 5 is "The Return of the Jedi", a noble battle to survive, the results of which are yet to be known.

- Halo 6 is "The Force Awakens". we don't know shit about it except there will probably be a black guy in it.

EDIT: All Halo forums are the prequels.  (i liked some of the prequels but they were intolerable for most. (get it?))

• Upvote (+1) 2

The context was very clearly referring to bugs though.

No it wasn't. At least, it wasn't "very clear". No ranks is just as bad as bugs, both are essentially missing features expected of the game.

Knighty said issues. No Ranks is quite an issue

No ranks is only an issue for games which play terribly.