CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Medals aren't all that much of an issue for me. The only one I hate is Comeback Kill because it's pretty much telling me that I suck.

Medals are an incredibly insignificant part of halo, so much so that regardless of how they're done they have little to no effect on the game, I think a simple toggle off button would suffice.

The whole halo montage community says hi.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Anyone saying that the medals such as "Kill" weren't an issue are lying through their teeth

I genuinely think the kill and assist medals are good. You know immediately without having to read any text or look away from the action whether or not you got a kill. I like them because they're an effective way of communicating information.

Also I'm sure a lot of the casual community love them.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I genuinely think the kill and assist medals are good. You know immediately without having to read any text or look away from the action whether or not you got a kill. I like them because they're an effective way of communicating information.

Most of the time I know I got a kill when a body falls to the floor. It doesn't hurt to read a bit of text to the side either for those off screen kills. The kill medal is pointless.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Medals aren't all that much of an issue for me. The only one I hate is Comeback Kill because it's pretty much telling me that I suck.

I'm #1 in the World for Comeback Kill.

Most of the time I know I got a kill when a body falls to the floor. It doesn't hurt to read a bit of text to the side either for those off screen kills. The kill medal is pointless.

It also doesn't hurt to have to have a medal.

Medals are just a more effective method of conveying information to the player than a scrolling list of text. Whenever I play H3 I notice the lack of them and it's just slightly annoying.

Also as I said, casual players like "Kill +10" and Kill medals etc. There are no real negatives to including them and some players like them. I don't see any issue with having them.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah but for a kill? Do you really need a medal to tell that the person you were shooting died? Considering there's also kill hitmarkers, a headshot sound, the kill feed...

• Upvote (+1) 6

Medals are just a more effective method of conveying information to the player than a scrolling list of text. Whenever I play H3 I notice the lack of them and it's just slightly annoying.

Also as I said, casual players like "Kill +10" and Kill medals etc. There are no real negatives to including them and some players like them. I don't see any issue with having them.

Most casuals don't care what they get to play. They just want a game and they'll leave as soon as another one comes out.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I like Weapon Kill Medals.  Let's me keep track of how often I use each weapon.

Really there's a lot of medals I like about Halo 4, even if there's a lot of useless ones like comeback kill and kill.

There's loads of ways around this; sounds, different coloured hitmarkers or maybe a change of colour on the killfeed 'You killed ****' could be in red for example

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone saying that the medals such as "Kill" weren't an issue are lying through their teeth

the basic kill medal is pointless, thank god the announcer isn't saying it, could you imagine? Every kill you get a deep voice just repeats that word over and over again? I'd quit after a single match lol.

There's loads of ways around this; sounds, different coloured hitmarkers or maybe a change of colour on the killfeed 'You killed ****' could be in red for example

This is one of the first things I suggested after playing Halo 5. To color the kill feed so it does a transition to the regular color like Halo 3 did.

b586762f51032448922eec7de89e4ec4.gif

Red to neutral color (opponent team has killed a teammate)

Bright green to neutral color (team has killed an opponent)

Bright green is a bit of a bother since the default H5 UI is a faded green, but it can be worked out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Most casuals don't care what they get to play. They just want a game and they'll leave as soon as another one comes out.

unless the game is good, then they're no longer a casual player of that game, they become an actual fan.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I just look at the kill/assist/headshot medals as useful visual feedback. Found it handy when lag sometimes makes the time of a death not match the end of a player shooting.

unless the game is good, then they're no longer a casual player of that game, they become an actual fan.

Exactly. 

I see there 2 different kind of casuals. There's the casual gamer and the casual fan. Casual gamers are typically people who don't necessarily care what they get from a game and will just go to the next one when it comes out. The casual fan comes from the whole casual/competitive gamer debate

I understand if someone likes the medals as a feedback thingy. But imo that should be handled differently.

Only give out medals for crazy/cool stuff as a reward. Like Sprees, Multikills and so on. Therefore I really would like to see something like Counter Strike does it for the actual killfeed: Put a little picture of the weapon (which was used for the kill) instead of the phrase for it and add a special icon for a headshot or assist.

Like: You (a little picture of the BR) Enemys Name
Maybe put a star for the headshot above the weapon or something like that.

It's going to feel like an eternity until episode 10 comes out.

It's going to feel like an eternity until episode 10 comes out.

I just heard the most important moment ever.

Halo 5's campaign story is going to score hard.

Does anyone get the feeling Ben is being used by the insurrectionist to start a revolution?

FERO is a high-ranking Rebellion unit, which is all we can confirm right now. I was hoping we'd get her name but Episode 10 isn't going to be delayed for any reason, so I've got iron clad patience.

*crosses fingers that power does not go out by then*

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Wonder what mishak had to talk to Ben about. Wonder if those rebels are gonna come out of hiding now that ONI os going to have to deal with them as well as the UEG too. Could we see ONI go rouge as an agency?

Wonder what mishak had to talk to Ben about. Wonder if those rebels are gonna come out of hiding now that ONI os going to have to deal with them as well as the UEG too. Could we see ONI go rouge as an agency?

Did Mishak ever elaborate on what the anomalies he was tracking were? Wonder if it had to do with that.