CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

If dude wants to break his NDA thats his choice. He has to suffer the consequences its not like microsoft gonna ban everyone on the forums who saw some info that could be false anyway. New hunt the truth tomorrow cant wait!!

• Upvote (+1) 4

The posts were hidden for a reason, guys.

Just to be clear, you guys are fine with talking about NDA breaking leaks as long as the leaks didn't originate here?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just to be clear, you guys are fine with talking about NDA breaking leaks as long as the leaks didn't originate here?

Sheeeeeeeit

• Upvote (+1) 1

If dude wants to break his NDA thats his choice. He has to suffer the consequences its not like microsoft gonna ban everyone on the forums who saw some info that could be false anyway. New hunt the truth tomorrow cant wait!!

Absolutely his choice but I don't want us to be the original source for somebody breaking their NDA. It might be great to bring in some people but in the long run, it will hurt us more than anything.

Pretty much.

I'm the ghost of a post that used to be here.

It's contents you'll never know, it'd bring a tear 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Medals are an incredibly insignificant part of halo, so much so that regardless of how they're done they have little to no effect on the game, I think a simple toggle off button would suffice.

I'm looking forward to FERO's true identity, we should have two or three more episodes afterwards...

Medals are an incredibly insignificant part of halo, so much so that regardless of how they're done they have little to no effect on the game, I think a simple toggle off button would suffice.

Insignificant in your opinion. I love medals, one of those small things that make a big difference for me.

If Halo got rid of medals it'd be infuriated. But that's just me.

• Upvote (+1) 2

^^I agree,

Medals are a big part of halo, and have always been rewarding, I feel as tho Halo 3/Reach had the perfect balance for medals, once 343 took over they just went over the top with them, they really need to get rid of at least half of them... most are just very pointless and just clog up your screen. Medals should be rewarding and not easy to get.

• Upvote (+1) 3

^^I agree,

Medals are a big part of halo, and have always been rewarding, I feel as tho Halo 3/Reach had the perfect balance for medals, once 343 took over they just went over the top with them, they really need to get rid of at least half of them... most are just very pointless and just clog up your screen. Medals should be rewarding and not easy to get.

Yeah, Halo 3 medals (the amount and how they look) + Reachs weapon sprees = perfect medal set.

Talking of medals, they need to bring back the 'top medals' section on the after games stats.

From a tactical point of view, i think the multi kill medals popping up are incredbly useful from a informational point of view. 

Are the Kilo 5 books worth reading? I read the first one but wasn't too crazy about it. Anything crazy happen in the next two?

^^I agree,

Like most things, Halo 3 started the trend by dipping a foot into the pool, then Reach jumped in, and by Halo 4, we were fully submerged.

Halo 1 and 2 were the same, just Halo 2 gave you medals Halo 1 told you about.

Halo 3 then added all the nonsense sprees, shotty spree, sword spree, sniper spree, and a couple dumb ones like bull true, kill joy, and kill from grave.

Halo Reach started adding sprees for most weapons, and a LOT of random medals no one cares about, EMP kill, needle kill, close call, revenge, avenger, protector, headshot, headcase, reload this, and on and on and on.

Somewhere between Halo 2 and Halo 3 is the ideal amount where you're getting medals for impressive things and not every damn kill.

Like most things, Halo 3 started the trend by dipping a foot into the pool, then Reach jumped in, and by Halo 4, we were fully submerged.

Halo 3 then added all the nonsense sprees, shotty spree, sword spree, sniper spree, and a couple dumb ones like bull true, kill joy, and kill from grave.

Halo Reach started adding sprees for most weapons, and a LOT of random medals I no one cares about, EMP kill, needle kill, close call, revenge, avenger, protector, headshot, headcase, reload this, and on and on and on.

Somewhere between Halo 2 and Halo 3 is the ideal amount where you're getting medals for impressive things and not every damn kill.

See, I like the weapon sprees, gives you something to aim for and Killjoy I like too! Great feeling to get a Killjoy on someone who is on a high spree.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Are the Kilo 5 books worth reading? I read the first one but wasn't too crazy about it. Anything crazy happen in the next two?

Naomi-010 isn't really as brainwashed as her associates (War Mongerers, essentially) make her out to be.

EDIT to clarity: Meaning, whatever she feels during her stints with the Kilo-5 Division may or may not be brought up in Hunt the Truth.

Halo Reach started adding sprees for most weapons, and a LOT of random medals no one cares about, EMP kill, needle kill, close call, revenge, avenger, protector, headshot, headcase, reload this, and on and on and on.

Some of the "dump ones" was introduced in ODST, I think. E.g. EMP and needle kill. I wish they could be turned off in the main games. 

The weapon sprees were really good for achievements actually.

I guess I'm just from an era where we didn't need to be rewarded for every little thing and overcoming the challenge was the reward in itself.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I just don't think tiny images need to be flying in my face in swarms, especially if we're talking Big Team Battle... At this point I just want less clutter on my screen.

I guess I'm just from an era where we didn't need to be rewarded for every little thing and overcoming the challenge was the reward in itself.

The condescension is real ;)

Personally I have no issue with lots of pointless medals. The inclusion of fun little ones like Hail Mary etc. don't diminish the reward from getting especially good ones, they don't clutter the screen anywhere near enough to cause an issue and casual players like them (hell I like quite a lot of them).

They're a non-issue.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I used to complain about stuff like medals and indicators, but then I realized there are much bigger things to worry about that actually impact the game significantly. It'd be neat to have not so many medals, but it's not something I continually think about.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm glad 343 is gonna reduce the number of medals. It's getting ridiculous having so many pop up on the screen, it just clogs your view and about half of them aren't even necessary.