CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Well, if all you have is a BR, you could intelligently move to avoid close range encounters.

Play to the strength of the weapons you're holding: keep players at range if you have a BR and don't blindly rush through doors and into enclosed spaces. If you have an AR force your opponent into a close range firefight where you have the advantage. Whip out an SMG whenever you're entering a small space to counter ARs and whenever you have the drop on someone at close range.

That sounds far more interesting than "I can go anywhere and do anything because I have my BR". The lack of weapon diversity due to the all powerful BR (barring power weapons) is getting quite stale imo.

I don't mind one way or the other, but I do hope that the other weapons will require a decent amount of skill. I don't want the gunplay to JUST be a game of "Make Sure You Have The Right Thing Equipped At The Right Time".

Literally no one liked the medal design and pointless ones in Halo 4 and it has gotten worst in the Halo 5 beta. 343 is not budging on that.

There are probably so many pointless medals because 343 knows that some players may become addicted to being endlessly praised by the game with its many bells and whistles. This is even reflected by the newer attitude of the Announcer. Before, he simply said "Double Kill", but now, when he says "DOOOOUBBBLE KEEEEEEEEEL", he sounds far more excited about the multikill than any actual player would be.

From Josh Holme's post-beta blog: 

• Medals: decrease frequency and number of medals displayed in the medal feed
  • Upvote (+1) 5

<p>

From Josh Holme's post-beta blog:

• Medals: decrease frequency and number of medals displayed in the medal feed

Hopefully they do an overhaul on the way they look too. Also the time between multikills are too long making it easier to get them. Theyre definitely not 4 seconds.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Are you guys mentally ready to lose at close range BECAUSE you have a BR and your opponent has an assault rifle? Of course, you and your opponent have to be equally skilled.

photo-10213.jpg?_r=1428237726 your post got me like

Literally no one liked the medal design and pointless ones in Halo 4 and it has gotten worst in the Halo 5 beta. 343 is not budging on that.

It's just the world we live in. You have to adapt if you want to survive in any industry. 

Kids want to be rewarded for literally EVERYTHING they do. (ie Call of Duty) For instance, my cousin graduated first grade and they gave her like 20 papers and 5 medals of awards.

Is there anything particularly wrong with having lots of medals?

I mean, they have next to no effect on gameplay so I can't see the issue there. However for quite a lot of the casual audience there's something quite satisfying about seeing a little medal pop up for doing something.

They're also very effective ways of communicating information; for example kill and assist medals may seem pointless when the game finishes, however in game they allow you to immediately establish if you got the kill or if a player you were trying to kill has died. Without them you have to scan through a list of names with no  obvious indication of who is on which team etc.

There's also quite a lot of cool new medals, perfect was an extremely satisfying medal to achieve.

That said I think they need to tone down how many medals have an announcer line associated with them. Medals like Big Game Hunter or comeback kill don't need to be shouted at us

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Take this information with a grain of salt until he gives us some sources or proves he works at 343.

This is a friendly reminder to NOT break your NDA.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Come on, you should've at least let us ask them for their Twitter lol

No. If anything I'm preventing something like this from happening again: http://kotaku.com/microsoft-punishes-gears-leakers-by-making-their-xbox-o-1704531500

If that guy took part in the same test I'm thinking of, he can have the exact same thing happen to him. 

When you're given the opportunity to test games - play them, give your feedback and make it a better final product. Don't go leaking the information online and break your NDA.

No. If anything I'm preventing something like this from happening again: http://kotaku.com/microsoft-punishes-gears-leakers-by-making-their-xbox-o-1704531500

If that guy took part in the same test I'm thinking of, he can have the exact same thing happen to him. 

When you're given the opportunity to test games - play them, give your feedback and make it a better final product. Don't go leaking the information online and break your NDA.

Something to remember is; for all we know, he could've lied. And I've expected M$ to take the people who leaked the GoW footage to court for breaking their NDA.

Yeah, I know Jinnouchi is coming back for Halo 5. Though, judging by the beta's main menu music, I'm not very optimistic.

It was pretty generic and forgettable, but I just kind of assumed that it was made that way because it was background music for the menu, as opposed to something that plays during an important part of the game and gets put on the soundtrack. I wont be surprised if the standard is much higher for the proper music we'll hear from the campaign.

This is a friendly reminder to NOT break your NDA.

Why not tell your Community what you know ;)

Why not tell your Community what you know ;)

Because that's breaking a contract that can get you in a lot of legal trouble

• Upvote (+1) 4

343i would probably give me a media for my previous game wank.

Is there anything particularly wrong with having lots of medals?

I mean, they have next to no effect on gameplay so I can't see the issue there. However for quite a lot of the casual audience there's something quite satisfying about seeing a little medal pop up for doing something.

They're also very effective ways of communicating information; for example kill and assist medals may seem pointless when the game finishes, however in game they allow you to immediately establish if you got the kill or if a player you were trying to kill has died. Without them you have to scan through a list of names with no obvious indication of who is on which team etc.

There's also quite a lot of cool new medals, perfect was an extremely satisfying medal to achieve.

That said I think they need to tone down how many medals have an announcer line associated with them. Medals like Big Game Hunter or comeback kill don't need to be shouted at us

I like to feel like I've achieved something when a medal pops up, since H4 I've hardly ever looked at my medals as theyre meaningless. Although the bland look of the H4/H5 medals really dont help, if they just made them look good again it wouldn't be so bad.

Reach done it well, especially with weapon sprees.

I think if the new medals were harder to obtain, they would be less redundant. Hat Trick could be 7 headshots in a row, Top Gun would be 20 kills instead of 10, etc.

I think if the new medals were harder to obtain, they would be less redundant. Hat Trick could be 7 headshots in a row, Top Gun would be 20 kills instead of 10, etc.

But a hat trick is literally three of something. Should be like three triple kills.