CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Just thought of this. Bland rockets=customizable weapon skins/stickers? The SPNKr would be harder to customize than the new bland rockets for sure. And the new rockets also had a very generic coloring in the beta, almost as if it was a placeholder. Just speculation though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just thought of this. Bland rockets=customizable weapon skins/stickers? The SPNKr would be harder to customize than the new bland rockets for sure. And the new rockets also had a very generic coloring in the beta, almost as if it was a placeholder. Just speculation though.

it's almost as if.. as if... fasa studios got shut down and absorbed into 343.

Really though thats my guess and I guess my assumption on everything that 343 does that showcases a bit of SR. Those rockets look almost identical to the ones in that game, and have a pretty slow bullet travel time. H5 rockets appear to be similar.

Shadowrun Rocket = shadowrunrocketlauncher.jpg

Halo 5's looks similar, but I do realize it's a rather generic rocket design compare to Halo which had somewhat of a unique one. I know KillZone's rockets look just like this as well.

Don't know if this has already been brought up but something I think Halo should take from Advanced Warfare is the customization. Advanced Warfare is constantly updating with different camo for the guns and exos and new accessories that you can unlock in game or through the store. Halo 5 could take a note from this and keep updating the game by adding new armor sets and skins that can be unlocked through challenges or other means.

Every halo has had good music, even spartan assault.

Spartan Assault's soundtrack surprised me. I was expecting it to just have a menu theme and have the rest of the music be recycled from previous games, but they went out and made a full soundtrack for it that was actually pretty good.

This is what I am refering to. AR starts cause landslide victories because the other team can get all the BRs. This does not tighten the score gap, but enlarges it. Some one please explain me this. Thank you.

Again and for the last time me experience proves otherwise. In theory this would seem true, but it isn't in practice because people play AR differently. They have to. It doesn't have the range a BR has.

I have no idea why some people are making this seem so complex. Every person that has played more than a handful games of halo knows AR only starts are absolute garbage.

The reason they are shit isn't because people can pick up a br and dominate the ar users. Just play a map with next to no utility weapons available on the map like guardian, or any gametype like rumble pit where you aren't guaranteed to always be able to rush for a br/dmr/whateverisuseful. Sure, that one guy with a sniper and br might be picking you off helplessly, but are essentially  powerless if you ever find yourself in a fight when already weak or getting double teamed. Pistol starts would be nearly as bad, only slightly remedied by the higher shooting skill required and the higher range (but still pitfully short)

This is because short range weapon starts destroy halo. Don't let people fool you. DMR starts wouldn't have ruined H4, because they would have "stifled map movement". Everytime I hear that argument I cringe because it is the epitome of something that you can argue easily on paper, but completly falls apart when actually looking at it in game.

The CE pistol works (best of all weapons in halo) because for it is in fact, nothing but a rifle in a pistol skin. The range on the pistol probably sends chills down every "range promotes camping" advocate. The fact that the CE pistol has a large aiming skillgap doesn't even really matter in this argument, because even a  10 shot is still infinitely faster than not being able to kill someone at all because your bullets just plain disappear (lol h3) or because it becomes ridiculously hard to kill someone cross map with no scope nor sticky aim ( every pistol post CE including h5)

The H2 BR was so much easier to use than the H3 Br, but because you actually had range, the game was better than h3, not the other way around. Sure you had button glitches, but the basic point still stands. Giving players the option to actually do something from further means they can control more zones, not because it makes it easier for them to hold a setup, but because they have to or they will create an opportunity for the other team.This adds depth to the game because you now have to be prepared from more angles than if you had a weapon like the H3 br or the h5 pistol or even to a lesser extent the H4 BR.

Because of this the beta pistol was incredibly unfit for a starting weapon. It was incredibly easy to kill people at close range, but as soon as they stepped just too far out, I could forget about anything but cleaning up one shot kills.

Sure, they may have changed the pistol since the beta, but 343 themselves said they wan't to keep it inferior to the br at longer ranges. Which means we would be stuck with a weapon that artificially gimps us until we pick up a br/dmr. This will obviously be #1 priority off spawn, and if something is a no brainer every single time, why not just give them a damn utility rifle to spawn with ?

It's not like there is anything inherently skillful in going up and picking up a better weapon of spawn, because not only is it not hard because it is isn't constested like a power weapon, but it is a strict upgrade to a pistol because a pistol is situational, not a br/dmr/carbine/light rifle.

That turned out to be way longer than expected, so

TDLR: Range good not bad, thus h5 pistol starts bad, BR starts better, DMR starts best.

No, short range starts help make halo more interesting, and save people in 1v4 scenarios because the 1 has a better chance of engaging just 1of4 more often.

What do you mean, don't let people full you? My experience in 1v4 proves I am right.

If snipers is the only long range they can get in AR starts, then that eliminates team shooting at range and minimizes the impact of team skill against individual skill.

In general and especially in 1or2 v 4 I would rather deal with a single sniper than a sniper and 3 BRs.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Dumb question but what are the chances of Halo: Online armor sets will be included? I hope the Mark V is still included since, going by the lore, was just updated merely weeks before Halo 5 (conjecture).

Dumb question but what are the chances of Halo: Online armor sets will be included? I hope the Mark V is still included since, going by the lore, was just updated merely weeks before Halo 5 (conjecture).

Probably, but not the exact design. 

Again and for the last time me experience proves otherwise. In theory this would seem true, but it isn't in practice because people play AR differently. They have to. It doesn't have the range a BR has.

No, short range starts help make halo more interesting, and save people in 1v4 scenarios because the 1 has a better chance of engaging just 1of4 more often.

What do you mean, don't let people full you? My experience in 1v4 proves I am right.

If snipers is the only long range they can get in AR starts, then that eliminates team shooting at range and minimizes the impact of team skill against individual skill.

In general and especially in 1or2 v 4 I would rather deal with a single sniper than a sniper and 3 BRs.

You have zero arguments and all your claims are based on playing ARs in low level matchmaking. You won a 1v4 when all your teammates quit? Great for you, but that has nothing to do with AR vs BR starts, your enemies were complete potatos that's what happend.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You have zero arguments and all your claims are based on playing ARs in low level matchmaking. You won a 1v4 when all your teammates quit? Great for you, but that has nothing to do with AR vs BR starts, your enemies were complete potatos that's what happend.

Idk.. Its the style of play I prefer. I made that clear. Its interesting. Being ping'd across the map is boring.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hope the H5 soundtrack resembles halo a little more than H4 did :/ I have no preference between anything Marty has done, because they're all incredible. But Halo 4 really rubs me the wrong way.

Wonder what he's up to now..

Can we all agree that 117, Arrival and Revival were awesome? There's also the the remix "The beauty of Cortana" - the closest thing to Halo 2's style, imo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Probably, but not the exact design. 

What's odd about Halo 4's rendition of the Mark V is it actually replicates Red Team's "Prototypical Armor" from 2536, to a 'T', rather than the bulkier and likely modified Mark V as seen in CE/CEA.

Basically, anyone clamoring for a Mark IV replica, get the game everyone had moved on from...

Can we all agree that 117, Arrival and Revival were awesome? There's also the the remix "The beauty of Cortana" - the closest thing to Halo 2's style, imo.

The guy that composed 117 is doing the H5 soundtrack.

@@Frankie did confirm that Jinnouchi is doing the majority of the H5 OST http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=114883654&postcount=3462 composed and this song for sure

In general, I prefer Jinnouchi's work over Davidge in the H4 OST, even though he created the title screen song. For the record, the H5 menu music is a big improvement

A little bit of the OST is played in this video. I really liked the song that began at 7:02.

Here is the H4 track list for anybody who is curious http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_4_Original_Soundtrack#Track_listing

Here are some of the songs of his that I liked the most(Using a spoiler to save space)

117, To Galaxy (Part 1 and 2), Lasky's Theme, Mantis, Sacrifice, Requiem, Belly of the Beast and Escape are my favorite songs from H4's OST.

However, only 117 is in my Top Halo songs list.

@@Frankie did confirm that Jinnouchi is doing the majority of the H5 OST http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=114883654&postcount=3462 composed and this song for sure
In general, I prefer Jinnouchi's work over Davidge in the H4 OST, even though he created the title screen song. For the record, the H5 menu music is a big improvement
Here is the H4 track list for anybody who is curious http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_4_Original_Soundtrack#Track_listing
Here are some of the songs of his that I liked the most(Using a spoiler to save space)

Halo 5's main menu theme was nothing short of amazing. It reminded me of ODST at parts. And IMO that one had the best soundtrack.

Halo 5's main menu theme was nothing short of amazing. It reminded me of ODST at parts. And IMO that one had the best soundtrack.

It's currently my alarm for when I wake up in the morning. I still open the H5 beta from time to time just to hear it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

A little bit of the OST is played in this video. I really liked the song that began at 7:02.

That halo 5 menu music ughhh. It's so damn good

117 is one of those tracks that pretty much everyone seems to love. I hope Jinnouchi can continue bringing that level of awesomeness for the music in Halo 5. I also hope we get some more extreme dark stuff like Revival, seeing as H5 is supposed to be even darker. I'll miss Davidge.

Idk.. Its the style of play I prefer. I made that clear. Its interesting. Being ping'd across the map is boring.

Okay, so your statement is because you enjoy the kind of gameplay it creates. I like the AR too, but not as a starting weapon unless there is a precision weapon paired with it. Sorry for giving you a hard time. Your posts are very difficult for me to understand.

Pistol/Ar starts wouldbe dumb as fuck. 1st of all it would actually raise the score gap while decreasing the skill gap. (If this isn't you'r experiance then you must be playing at an extremely low level which means this type of experiance is entirely irrelavent)  secondly pistol ar start would also have the same effect on halo as sprint, bloom, h3 spread/maps. Anyone advocating this wants a more dumbed down halo were you dont have to think but just hold foward and constantly flank with no thought (linear aggression)

• Downvote (-1) 4

I want AR and Pistol starts. I'm tired of weapons in the sandbox not being used. Halo 2,3,4 the BR was the best and only choice. (Halo 4s DMR was too good long range). But now in halo 5, the assault rifle can compete at medium range, and the pistol is the fastest kill time, and biggest skill gap. As long as the maps have good weapon placement, the AR/pistol start will be fine.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You know, when you say shit like this, the very least you can do is explain how.

If you're not going to, just don't post at all.

You're entire original post that i quoted was praising linear aggression. you then contradict yourself by saying you'r sick of using linear agression to get shit done in h2a which is also contradictory as h2a is clearly less about linear aggression than the past 3 halo games. The melees are one of the only thing in h2a that promote linear aggression but most good players will try to position them selves so itdoesn't come down to melees. H3s spread/bad maps caused more linear aggression playstyle. As did reachs bloom/sprint. Lets be clear. What you're looking for is a more dumbed down version of halo that relies on mindlessly holding foward. Stop trying to destroy the skill gap plz

• Downvote (-1) 1

I want AR and Pistol starts. I'm tired of weapons in the sandbox not being used. Halo 2,3,4 the BR was the best and only choice. (Halo 4s DMR was too good long range). But now in halo 5, the assault rifle can compete at medium range, and the pistol is the fastest kill time, and biggest skill gap. As long as the maps have good weapon placement, the AR/pistol start will be fine.

The AR is a QCQ weapon. It always was and it should stay there. That's why it wasn't the most viable weapon and was dropped/switched for a BR/Pistol. The BR/Pistol was able to reach farther and was able to let people be competent. Making the AR viable in the mid-range is just making the game easier for people who can't use precision weapons. Especially because ADS makes it more accurate. We've all seen what happens when you have an automatic weapon that can dominate with range with the SAW. People just wreck house easily, making the game boring and removing all thought process.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

To be fair they're reducing the AR's accuracy in smart-scope and the headshot-bonuses, so it shouldn't be too strong in final game. It should be somewhat useful at mid-range, with burst-fire to control spread.