CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I get 343 is one company but I don't see the need to punish guys like Quinn and Josh by not buying Halo 5 when they had nothing to do with MCC. There's an MCC team and a Halo 5 team. The Halo 5 team shouldn't be punished for te failure that MCC was and is in my opinion. If you don't enjoy the game that's another story, but not buying Halo 5 because of MCC is silly to me

I agree and disagree. I agree that those guys aren't the guys to direct frustration about MCC to.

I disagree because 343 still is the company that makes the games. They have essentially released a game that is broken beyond repair, and now are releasing another game. While the chances of it actually being a success are much higher, I totally understand why people would avoid buying it with how bad MCC turned out to be. If I was going out to a restaraunt and had a bad meal because the chef working that night didn't do a good job, I really doubt you could get me to go back again just because a "different" chef is making the next meal.

EDIT - To add to the restaraunt thing - I'm probably going to buy Halo 5, but after it launches and there are some reviews out about it. I would probably go back to said restaraunt if they only let the new chef cook and my friends all tried it and loved it.

Now I'm hungry.

Single-fire will always be more difficult than burst-fire. And Sal1ent has said that the BR already has low aim assist - the way he worded it, they're not going to change much with the BR. 

Always? Compare the Halo 4 DMR to the Halo 5 BR. Just because BR's in the past were easy to use does not mean it has to be like that in the future. 

You confuse aim assist with bullet magnetism. H1 had a lot of sticky reticle with little bullet mag. H5's Pistol has a lot less sticky reticle, not sure about it's bullet magnetism.

Tell me how many perfect kills you got with the Pistol compared to the BR...

I didn't confuse them I just don't care to make the distinction. 

And TBH I barely used the pistol, I'd either find a BR/DMR/LR/SMG or stick with my AR. 

From my perspective, if we have the traditional sound design for Halo 5.. it would be better. Shields recharge, no-shields, grenade throwing, zoom, remove hit-pings effects, and small little things. One can't simply ignore the sound design.

• Upvote (+1) 5

We should HUNT the TRUTH for MCC instead of Halo 5. Ones been out for half a year and the other isn't out for another half a year. Yall gone soft.

You seemed to start out on this forum as a 343 defender and then suddenly became a hater lol. Is you perhaps a troll?

And on the topic of huntthetruth, episode 8 was awesome yet again. They're doing such a good job with it. Anyone got any theories on the whole Chief supposedly killing a load of people thing? I saw a guy on YouTube talking about how he thinks it relates back to a plan we heard about in one of the Kilo 5 books; something about ONI wanting to secretly continue causing unrest for the Sangheili using genetically modified crops, or whatever it was. No idea what to think. Come on guys, get those theories going!

• Downvote (-1) 1

From my perspective, if we have the traditional sound design for Halo 5.. it would be better. Shields recharge, no-shields, grenade throwing, zoom, remove hit-pings effects, and small little things. One can't simply ignore the sound design.

Completely agree, why would they replace that? Those kind of decisions that they make just make no sense to me.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I really liked the sound design in H5. At first I thought it was a bit of an information overload but the feedback is really nice. Things like the grenade ping and headshot noise were great.

That said the shield regen noise really needs to be changed the original.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I figured everyone knew about the pistol thing. I always thought it was just pulling the trigger so fast the game thought you were holding down the trigger.

I'm surprised at how many otherwise very knowledgeable CE players don't know about the glitch.

You would think that it would be obvious.

That distinction wasn't articulated. Why do you assume I think like you?

Looking back at my post I apologize for not making this as clear as I thought I did.

The Magnum would be strong short to medium range, but due to lack of Red Reticule Range(when your crosshairs turn red), at long range a player has to have good enough aim to overcome having zero aim assist/bullet magnetism(?)/Sticky Reticule/ect. The BR/DMR/other rifles have long RRR, so at long range they benefit from aim assist and such where the Magnum does not.

This right here keeps most players from cross mapping with the Magnum, but with zero recoil/spread a player with really good aim (part of individual skill) could have the potential power to cross map with the Magnum.

I hope that this makes sense.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Looking back at my post I apologize for not making this as clear as I thought I did.

The Magnum would be strong short to medium range, but due to lack of Red Reticule Range(when your crosshairs turn red), at long range a player has to have good enough aim to overcome having zero aim assist/bullet magnetism(?)/Sticky Reticule/ect. The BR/DMR/other rifles have long RRR, so at long range they benefit from aim assist and such where the Magnum does not.

This right here keeps most players from cross mapping with the Magnum, but with zero recoil/spread a player with really good aim (part of individual skill) could have the potential power to cross map with the Magnum.

I hope that this makes sense.

That does and it sounds fine although I think I would probably want red shorter than you would but perhaps not so much.

Especially the shield charge and the pings. I often play Halo montages, but just listen to the music in them while I do something else, and I really like hearing the sounds of Halo gameplay mixed with the music for some reason. I just don't like the shield recharge nearly as much and the pings can be straight up annoying.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I get 343 is one company but I don't see the need to punish guys like Quinn and Josh by not buying Halo 5 when they had nothing to do with MCC. There's an MCC team and a Halo 5 team. The Halo 5 team shouldn't be punished for te failure that MCC was and is in my opinion. If you don't enjoy the game that's another story, but not buying Halo 5 because of MCC is silly to me

I believe in punishing 343.

Working there is their choice.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I hated the sounds in the beta. They annoy me for some reason, especially the grenade throwing sound.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Care to explain why people who probably never even touched MCC should be "punished"?

I hated the sounds in the beta. They annoy me for some reason, especially the grenade throwing sound.

I feel like I'm the only one who enjoyed the sounds.

At least conceptually, they're a good thing.  So much more feedback than before.

I feel like I'm the only one who enjoyed the sounds.

At least conceptually, they're a good thing.  So much more feedback than before.

I enjoyed most of the them. The gun sounds, explosions and the like were all awesome. But the HUD noises bothered me, they felt 'squeeky' and too high-pitched for my taste.

H5's Pistol has a lot less sticky reticle, not sure about it's bullet magnetism.

This was my issue with the weapons in general with the beta, sticky reticle was pretty much non existent on the weapons yet they had plenty of bullet magnetism.  It was just a strange combo and it didn't feel intuitive at all.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I feel like I've been quoting you a lot to argue with your posts lol, no hard feelings.

As much as I agree with not forgiving and forgetting 343 for MCC, you can't claim having a job in a triple-A game development studio is a "choice" and should be treated as an every day thing, like working at the local restaurant or something. 

These jobs are rare and they're a dream job for a lot of people, even more so when it comes to the established giant Halo is. I'm sure most of the people who work there REALLY want to make the game the best it can be and bring it back to its former epicness, but as an employee within a team, you can't just start rioting every single time one person who's in a lead position does something you don't agree with. At best, you'll hurt the game's progress and make it even worse in the end.

On a different but related note, this stuff makes me feel like Bungie had the "team" aspect advantage over 343. They're a bunch of people who've been together for so long now and get along well enough to call each other out on stuff that doesn't make sense. Seeing how 343 was put together by Microsoft FOR Halo, part of me wants to think their lack of chemistry and communication is what creates a feeling of inconsistency, clashing ideas and designs, oversights, etc.

You don't hear of 343 having cool events like Bungie did and all that sort of stuff. I'm not saying they deserve breaks and fun events, but I picture 343 has some sort of corporate place with everyone split in cubicles and that sort of shit, with people not always getting along and rather just doing their job, as opposed to Bungie's bad ass studios with a bunch of relaxed people chilling and talking all over the place.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The pistol in the beta had recoil which was confirmed to be a glitch. I don't think the pistol will be as hard to use without the recoil. Sure, it's harder than the BR but I had more fun with the BR. Stop trying to act like your opinion is the right opinion. Different strokes for different folks. I don't think HCS will use AR/Pistol starts. Nor do I want it to. However, I understand the importance of having unified settings. I believe having an ample amount of ARs on map with BR/Pistol starts is the way to go. I accept that a lot of people disagree with me though so I imagine they'll have settings for every preference regardless of how important unification is for longevity. It's unavoidable as illustrated in this topic.

I'm excited for Halo 5 because I don't have to worry so much about AR/Smg starts and radar ruining 90% of the playlists.

In H5, there are tons of BRs, DMRs, LR'S and I'm assuming Carbines on every map, and the AR/Magnum are viable until you can get to a precision weapon. The magnum takes a ton of skill to use and the AR is well balanced IMO.

The range of the Radar, map design and speed of the Spartans also reduced the OPness radar of H2/H3 IMO.

Also, I'm sure there will be a better balance of BR/AR start gametypes.

All I know is that I'd rather play default H5 over default H2 or H3 any day of the week.

• Upvote (+1) 4

One sound I really do like is the pop when you get a headshot.

One thing is weapons sounds, explosions, movements, etc, and the other are the small things that were in Halo from Day 1 until now. Even Halo 4 kept those small details that from my perspective should be in Halo 5. Changing the iconic shield sounds, both one shot/recharging, from my perspective, is extremely unnecessary. Weapon sounds? how the weapons recharge and all that? I'm all for the change. The H5's BR sounds way better than H4's BR IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This was my issue with the weapons in general with the beta, sticky reticle was pretty much non existent on the weapons yet they had plenty of bullet magnetism.  It was just a strange combo and it didn't feel intuitive at all.

I'm glad to finally see someone else who shares this opinion.

It was too difficult to get your crosshair near your opponent, but once you did you could just spam and have magnetism take care of the rest.  It felt really different from any Halo game I've played in the past, for better or worse I'm not sure.

• Upvote (+1) 1