CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

First time players should learn that they should press Y, and you know... use the gun that kills things.

It's the small things that create a learning curve... jesus christ

Yeah I mean I remember playing CE the week it came out. The most casual of casual neighborhood gaming moments. Myself and my friends are literally 10 years old almost 11. We swapped to the pistol in our 2v2 Blood Gulch matches. Why? It killed people. You'd have to... not be very clever to not realize you have a pistol and that it happens to be pretty good.

cef3a48c6535d9c37fd671672d1a1f1b.png?136

its real.

• Upvote (+1) 1

unless they make the pistol more accurate, and fix the movement for ce in mcc, it's not as good as the original console version.

The Magnum is just as accurate in MCC as in OG. However, after some testing between MCC and OG, I discovered a very, VERY interesting glitch with the Magnum that has been present since OG.

In CE, we already know that semi auto fire for the Magnum is perfectly accurate vs high spread full auto fire.

However, it turns out that if you rapidly pull the trigger the right way, the game will glitch and think you are firing full auto at the same time as semi auto, and will produce around 1/3 the full auto spread.

The reason we are only just discovering this now is because of how sensitive the Xbox One controllers are. Trust me, this glitch really is in OG, but I had a very difficult time replicating it repeatedly because of how much less sensitive the 360 and even worse the OG Xbox controllers were.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The Magnum is just as accurate in MCC as in OG. However, after some testing between MCC and OG, I discovered a very, VERY interesting glitch with the Magnum that has been present since OG.

In CE, we already know that semi auto fire for the Magnum is perfectly accurate vs high spread full auto fire.

However, it turns out that if you rapidly pull the trigger the right way, the game will glitch and think you are firing full auto at the same time as semi auto, and will produce around 1/3 the full auto spread.

The reason we are only just discovering this now is because of how sensitive the Xbox One controllers are. Trust me, this glitch really is in OG, but I had a very difficult time replicating it repeatedly because of how much less sensitive the 360 and even worse the OG Xbox controllers were.

I figured everyone knew about the pistol thing. I always thought it was just pulling the trigger so fast the game thought you were holding down the trigger. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

"all of you"

You do realize that Beyond makes up less than 1% of game sales, right? And that most people buy it for campaign? 

Even if all of Beyond boycotted Halo 5, it wouldn't make a difference.  :lxthul:

Nah bro, it's obvious that the people in this thread are the reason MCC hasn't been fixed

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just a daily reminder that the only reason MCC isnt fixed is because 343 doesn't want to spend money fixing it because all of you are going to buy Halo 5 anyways. If 343 actually thought MCC being broken is going to effect sales, it would be 100% after being out for half a year.

But keep talking about their next product half a year from release and spamming their advertisement for them. 250k preorders already, if I was them I wouldn't give away profit either if I wasn't going to get a return on profit spent fixing a game the way i advertised it being as 8 months ago.

People are always going to buy the game for the Campaign regardless if the Multiplayer is shit or not. 

Perhaps instead of encouraging people not to buy the game it would be more feasible to encourage them to simply not touch the multiplayer.  Two gigantic drops in population will hopefully be enough to send a message.

Most of us here are planning on buying it used though, so 343I doesn't get the profit at any rate.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Found it more enjoyable then H4 and Reach by miles. Considerably more enjoyable than H3. About on par with H2, but lagging way behind CE.

I still can't believe someone thought this is a good design...

H4-UNSCMarine-Detail.png

Well at least they still had the real rockets!

What is this supposed to be? Is it a marine?

What is this supposed to be? Is it a marine?

It's a marine wearing a knockoff of the Mark V from Reach, or so, I associate the helmet with such other armor...

• Upvote (+1) 1

And I still don't plan on buying H5. What makes me sad is seeing people who said they won't buy H5 the first few months of MCC, but they fell for H5 hype and now will buy it :/

And I still don't plan on buying H5. What makes me sad is seeing people who said they won't buy H5 the first few months of MCC, but they fell for H5 hype and now will buy it :/

It's more of a psychological bond than feeling the need to buy it now, not just us but many many others have played Halo all of their lives and several who aren't tired yet. Even an inexcusable mess that is the Master Chief Collection hadn't changed that in the long run (but for many it did). Also, if we're speaking outside the games, you don't need to buy anything related to Halo to get caught up with its story. So at least Halo can promote itself effectively.

May I also add that optimism doesn't itself defend a companies reputation, I may enjoy Hunt The Truth, yet Nightfall could have done so much better.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's more of a psychological bond than feeling the need to buy it now, not just us but many many others have played Halo all of their lives and several who aren't tired yet. Even an inexcusable mess that is the Master Chief Collection hadn't changed that in the long run (but for many it did). Also, if we're speaking outside the games, you don't need to buy anything related to Halo to get caught up with its story. So at least Halo can promote itself effectively.

May I also add that optimism doesn't itself defend a companies reputation, I may enjoy Hunt The Truth, yet Nightfall could have done so much better.

Dang, that was very well written. I think I understand how these people feel now. Also, I agree nightfall could have done better
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Not to sound naive or "soft" lol, but there is no way that Microsoft/343 will let that whole fiasco happen again with Halo 5. This is the Halo 3 of the Xbox One, it'll sell them thousands of consoles.

Im not defending them, I think some of the decisions they've made are just plain stupid, but I gotta ask you guys, does anyone here think this could happen again, with a game like this?

Not to sound naive or "soft" lol, but there is no way that Microsoft/343 will let that whole fiasco happen again with Halo 5. This is the Halo 3 of the Xbox One, it'll sell them thousands of consoles.

Im not defending them, I think some of the decisions they've made are just plain stupid, but I gotta ask you guys, does anyone here think this could happen again, with a game like this?

What fiasco are you talking about exactly? The core concepts of Halo multiplayer or the campaign?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I honestly wonder how much more 343 can milk those four letters H A L O....

At some point they won't resemble anything special any longer to anyone.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

What fiasco are you talking about exactly? The core concepts of Halo multiplayer or the campaign?

Im talking about the complications of the MCC.

I really don't feel like microsoft and 343 "let" anything happen for lack of a better term. They had tried to incorporate all that they could in the game and could not live up to their promises/word. To clarify I don't think the lack of ranks or any of the issues are purposely malicious and are just a result of too many chefs in the kitchen with too many ideas of what Halo should "progress" into.

Not having ranks/options at Halo 5's launch is not something they want to do again, but is a very realistic possibility in my mind. After all, think of all the bugs/issues that won't/don't happen in an enclosed testing environment vs the game launching and all the bugs emerging then.

Either way I won't be getting it until a while after launch, where I can understand if the game's meta still involves weak individual players that are forced to bait/switch and teamshoot to reach the most effective level of teamwork, or if the game has made the individuals more powerful and the meta promotes faster/better gameplay..  naturally, not artificially with sprint/thurst.

• Upvote (+1) 1

With your last paragraph, I think that you actually do get it.

THAT is why we want AR + Buffed Magnum starts. A reason to move and not just lazily sit back and teamshoot from across the map. To reward individual skill.

I agree with you on having the Magnum be best at short to medium range, like it was in the beta, however, the Magnum needs to be able to shoot exactly where I place my crosshairs when in scope so that, although difficult with no Red Reticule, I can accurately hit targets from across the map.

The beta had it nearly perfect, its just that the Scope was clunky with the stupid recoil and low magnification.

Increase the Magnum zoom to equal BR, give it zero recoil/spread, and leave all other stats as it was in the beta and it would be perfect.

Isn't this what most of us are asking for?

Well if a magnum could hit across the map and deal big damage then why not start BR?

I want a paralyzingly strong magnum at short range only.

Well if a magnum could hit across the map and deal big damage then why not start BR?

The Pistol is hard to shoot. The BR is easy to shoot.

Why is this so hard to understand?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Im talking about the complications of the MCC.

Yeah I don't think that will happen again, but I don't think many are worried that it will. The main concerns of Halo 5 are design decisions.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Not really though. This isn't CE we're talking about where the Pistol in projectile based and has very little aim assist. The H5 pistol was only barely harder to use than the BR and with a reduction to the BR's bullet magnetism it could certainly be more difficult to use. 

Not really though. This isn't CE we're talking about where the Pistol in projectile based and has very little aim assist. The H5 pistol was only barely harder to use than the BR and with a reduction to the BR's bullet magnetism it could certainly be more difficult to use. 

Single-fire will always be more difficult than burst-fire. And Sal1ent has said that the BR already has low aim assist - the way he worded it, they're not going to change much with the BR. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

That distinction wasn't articulated. Why do you assume I think like you?

That distinction wasn't articulated. Why do you assume I think like you?

Anyone that played the beta knows that the Magnum was much more difficult to shoot...

I only played 1 weekend at a friend's house, but it was laughable how much easier the BR was, even with a slower kill time.

You confuse aim assist with bullet magnetism. H1 had a lot of sticky reticle with little bullet mag. H5's Pistol has a lot less sticky reticle, not sure about it's bullet magnetism.

Tell me how many perfect kills you got with the Pistol compared to the BR...

• Upvote (+1) 1

I get 343 is one company but I don't see the need to punish guys like Quinn and Josh by not buying Halo 5 when they had nothing to do with MCC. There's an MCC team and a Halo 5 team. The Halo 5 team shouldn't be punished for te failure that MCC was and is in my opinion. If you don't enjoy the game that's another story, but not buying Halo 5 because of MCC is silly to me