CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I really hope we get a good detailed prologue for Halo 5 explaining from the Escalation comics and this.

I really hope we get a good detailed prologue for Halo 5 explaining from the Escalation comics and this.

There's just so much going on, would be one hell of a long freaking prologue haha.

• Upvote (+1) 1

IF they buff the Pistol well, and improve power-up/power-weapon placing, I think this could be better (for me) than H2/3/4, and on the same level as v7 Reach. 

Only when played without a single spartan ability and ofc on good maps.

We should HUNT the TRUTH for MCC instead of Halo 5. Ones been out for half a year and the other isn't out for another half a year. Yall gone soft.

• Downvote (-1) 12

There's just so much going on, would be one hell of a long freaking prologue haha.

But one the fans deserve, or else... anyone who hasnt read the Halo Escalation series or listened Hunt the Truth will be lost.

Also, don't forget about all the novels coming out. :)

Can't wait.

Can somebody write me a quick summary of what has been happening in Hunt the Truth? Don't feel like listening to 8 episodes in a row

Can somebody write me a quick summary of what has been happening in Hunt the Truth? Don't feel like listening to 8 episodes in a row

Dude, no summary could rightfully contain the awesomeness that is Hunt the Truth. Great entertainment.

Three word summary: Journalism, ONI, Spartans

We should HUNT the TRUTH for MCC instead of Halo 5. Ones been out for half a year and the other isn't out for another half a year. Yall gone soft.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Shut your annoying ass up

Just a daily reminder that the only reason MCC isnt fixed is because 343 doesn't want to spend money fixing it because all of you are going to buy Halo 5 anyways. If 343 actually thought MCC being broken is going to effect sales, it would be 100% after being out for half a year.

But keep talking about their next product half a year from release and spamming their advertisement for them. 250k preorders already, if I was them I wouldn't give away profit either if I wasn't going to get a return on profit spent fixing a game the way i advertised it being as 8 months ago.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 9

8GsvPek.gif

You must have not been using the Rockets correctly, because I remember those things being the GOAT

If you can take down the rockets at range then the rockets are not effective are they?  But it only happens when players really want to play shooter rather than splash. (I am honestly confused why this is so perplexing to you all. Sometimes it makes sense to me to just ignore the rockets and shoot with the DMR. It is actually more rewarding when I pick off people, especially on the roof tops of Power House. That's the goat.)

This morning was an excellent example of what I have been trying to tell you all about AR starts artificially shortening the skill gap. I played a match on Asylum AR starts (2 snipers, 2 shotguns, sword, 2 needlers, and 2 turrets). 2 of my team quit immediately. Then the third. It was 1v4 for the most part. I didn't win, but I was able to rack up some kills and even close the gap to 3 points before the end of the game. I used the turret to get an overkill.

How could I do that? Because with ARs they had to get close, and they didn't realize how effective the turret was as they got close. If we had DMRs I never would have stood a chance and the score gap would be very wide.

ARs force closer engagements. Needing to be closer ,means I can segment the opposing team and work on them one at a time. That could never happen with DMR or BR.

All of you who say that AR widens the skill gap are not taking into consideration how the game is played differently with ARs. IN PRACTICE, AR starts help bring out individual skill and can be used to suppress team skill.

Republic Commando, which is probably the closest thing to a Halo clone ever created, features a fully automatic utility weapon in the form of the DC17. It has very little bloom/spread (if any) and a fast theoretical TTK, but the average TTK is far longer due to the fact that responsive strafing allows players to dodge the projectiles. I realize that the AR doesn't really produce "projectiles" like guns typically do in the Star Wars universe, but its something to consider.

I looked throughout youtube for some gameplay from decent players, but I honestly can't find any (the game had other balance issues, like skill-less power weapons, which prevented a lasting "competitive following". The closest thing you'd ever find were PC servers that removed a lot of the dumb weapons, just leaving the DC17, Trandoshan SMG, the Pistol, the DC17-Sniper Rifle, the Bowcaster, and the Trandoshan Shotgun. ). A quick look through gameplay videos will show the DC17, but none really did it justice, especially at the levels that I and most other long-time players used to play the game at.

EDIT: Found some decent gameplay:

It's a little surprising that this and Murder Miners are the only two games that come to mind when I think of a Halo clone. The game was popular enough, I'm surprised more people didn't try to rip off the formula.

So I'm guessing the chief saved the Arbiter and the whole peace talks thing was just an assassination plot in disguise?

So I'm guessing the chief saved the Arbiter and the whole peace talks thing was just an assassination plot in disguise?

This could confirm that he was tipped off about Halsey's arrest... (unless my memory has failed and he was a while back...)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just a daily reminder that the only reason MCC isnt fixed is because 343 doesn't want to spend money fixing it because all of you are going to buy Halo 5 anyways. If 343 actually thought MCC being broken is going to effect sales, it would be 100% after being out for half a year.

But keep talking about their next product half a year from release and spamming their advertisement for them. 250k preorders already, if I was them I wouldn't give away profit either if I wasn't going to get a return on profit spent fixing a game the way i advertised it being as 8 months ago.

"all of you"

You do realize that Beyond makes up less than 1% of game sales, right? And that most people buy it for campaign? 

Even if all of Beyond boycotted Halo 5, it wouldn't make a difference.  :lxthul:

All of you who say that AR widens the skill gap are not taking into consideration how the game is played differently with ARs. IN PRACTICE, AR starts help bring out individual skill and can be used to suppress team skill.

Against bad players that's true. But anyone realizing that the effective range is so limited will force their team to stick together in order to make impossible for the outnumbered person to survive a single gunfight. That's why two or three noobs with AR stand a very decent fighting chance with proper positioning (though most of the time, it's random and situational). The difference is, with a precision weapon, you can be almost be anywhere in relation to your teammate, and as long as you have an angle on them, you can help then. Smart teams will use both to their advantage.

There's not one that is "worse" than the other if you ask me. The problem with ARs in Halo is not so much the fact that their range is bad, but the fact that being accurate with that weapon is up to luck for the most part. If you ask me, there's more skill involved in positioning when your weapon has less range because it requires tighter movement (less room for error when making pushes). For the most part, it's up to personal preference and what people expect out of a game. And I'm not talking about linear aggression either, I'm talking about converting on one spot and making sure everyone is in a different position to make it harder for people to cause damage to all team members. I think it requires a lot of timing compared to holding one "big" spot until everyone is in position, killing, and repeat until X weapon spawns or to pull the objective.

But like I said, people have different expectations and I respect those. I appreciate Halo for what it is as well, and I'm aware it's not some sort of tactical shooter where you're a pseudo-SWAT team making tactical and timed pushes all the time for every kill. Individual gunfights are a thing, and at the same time, you have a decent amount of freedom when it comes to positioning in relation to your team, which allows for more diverse plays. That's just the beauty of Halo I guess.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If you can take down the rockets at range then the rockets are not effective are they?  But it only happens when players really want to play shooter rather than splash. (I am honestly confused why this is so perplexing to you all. Sometimes it makes sense to me to just ignore the rockets and shoot with the DMR. It is actually more rewarding when I pick off people, especially on the roof tops of Power House. That's the goat.)

This morning was an excellent example of what I have been trying to tell you all about AR starts artificially shortening the skill gap. I played a match on Asylum AR starts (2 snipers, 2 shotguns, sword, 2 needlers, and 2 turrets). 2 of my team quit immediately. Then the third. It was 1v4 for the most part. I didn't win, but I was able to rack up some kills and even close the gap to 3 points before the end of the game. I used the turret to get an overkill.

How could I do that? Because with ARs they had to get close, and they didn't realize how effective the turret was as they got close. If we had DMRs I never would have stood a chance and the score gap would be very wide.

ARs force closer engagements. Needing to be closer ,means I can segment the opposing team and work on them one at a time. That could never happen with DMR or BR.

With your last paragraph, I think that you actually do get it.

THAT is why we want AR + Buffed Magnum starts. A reason to move and not just lazily sit back and teamshoot from across the map. To reward individual skill.

I agree with you on having the Magnum be best at short to medium range, like it was in the beta, however, the Magnum needs to be able to shoot exactly where I place my crosshairs when in scope so that, although difficult with no Red Reticule, I can accurately hit targets from across the map.

The beta had it nearly perfect, its just that the Scope was clunky with the stupid recoil and low magnification.

Increase the Magnum zoom to equal BR, give it zero recoil/spread, and leave all other stats as it was in the beta and it would be perfect.

Isn't this what most of us are asking for?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm not a fan of 343 nor do I think they handled MCC right and I don't think anyone should forget about good old-school Halo gameplay is or how 343 screwed up not just MCC's release but also H4 but I think it is save to say that everybody here wants to see Halo flourish again and repeating the same phrases just to kill anticipation and hurt those short moments of good mood will do only harm to anyone...

Most of the people on Beyond should be hardcore fans who made up their mind about buying H5, giving H5 a chance after seeing more, renting it or boycotting it. I don't see anything bad about people looking forward  to the story and enjoying  HTT (which is great!)

If 343 does something right, people should be "allowed" to acknowledge it...

about HTT:

I just hope they are able to tell their story in a way, that you don't have to know all their books, comics, animated shows and stuff...H4 kinda faild to do that and I think a game should make sence on its own!

I like that theory about chief saving the Arbiter but would it make sense to have the Arbiter assisting Locke to find the chief?

And why didn't blue team show up in HTT yet? (Assuming they are with the Chief already)

• Upvote (+1) 2