CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

How? In MCC you get the players that don't use their pistol and straight line with the AR. They are basically the scrubtier of the game, lowest of the low. If they spawned with their pistol out, they would be able to three you off spawn potentially, so there is no punishment for being given a bad spawn.

Those exact players are the ones I have in mind. Yeah they're dumb, but they're probably young kids keep in mind. I believe spawning them with a shitty weapons as there primary will make it less likely they'll take the time to understand the game and more likely to ask to switch the disk to a more easy to understand game like COD thus hurting Halo's growth. 

Well, yes, but the AR does take skill to use in a different way in H1. I personally think the AR is perfect in H1.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. 

If I had it my way you'd only spawn with one weapon, whether that's the Pistol or BR it doesn't really matter. But if we absolutely have to have two weapons off spawn I see no reason for one to be useless/skill-less. 

I still can't believe someone thought this is a good design...

H4-UNSCMarine-Detail.png

Well at least they still had the real rockets!

The Nanobots have infected the Rockets and turned them into a SMAW

• Upvote (+1) 1

The helmet resembles the Mark V B from Reach except, a cheap ass knockoff.

When I said no one went for the rockets, I meant no one cared to even bother. The DMR was the weapon of choice all around, except maybe the sniper. But the DMR is so strong no one ventured for the rockets. No one used the rockets as bait.

Neither team in this scenario sounds as if they had any idea of what they were doing. Boardwalk's Rockets spawn in a place that is very safe if you have map control; if nobody was taking the Rockets then it means neither team had map control (or the team that could have had control didn't recognise that they had this opportunity), which given the way the spawns work on the map is highly unlikely.

I find it very difficult to believe that a weapon as powerful as the Halo Reach Rocket Launcher would be ignored on a map that allows it to be collected in assured safety, especially when that map also has a lot of chokepoints which Rockets excel at furthering or breaking control over.

You got to understand I see players that are much better than I am primarily because they literally "move" in ways and with changes of direction that are sudden, but clearly thought out (not just twitching back and forth their stick), that I don't feel I could even come close to emulating them. It isn't a matter of learning how they do it. I don't know that I could even do it- at least not at this time.

You're definitely over-thinking that. You can infer experience from many kinds of movement, but something as simple as a strafe in a 1v1 duel is probably the least reliable way to gauge movement skill. How a player uses cover (see: any of Pistola's gameplay) and demonstrates awareness of the opponents' lines of sight or how well someone can maximise their efficiency with jumps (Lethul recently used a spring jump from a ramp to the neigbouring platofrm on Warlord which is a highly technical move) and routes around the map are much better and more obvious indications of talent.

Again this is opposite of my experience. AR makes it easier to close the score gap, because I have more opportunity to move about at range to a place where I can do something effectively.

Then your opponents simply weren't good. Yes, there's a skill gap by your own admission, but in the scenario given neither team would appear to be what I'd call competent.

Responses in bold again. No points unrelated to the main body of text to add this time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The Nanobots have infected the Rockets and turned them into a SMAW

I've heard Nanobots will "fix" the design of the AR as well

Custom-AR151.jpg

@@Spartan0S36

The helmet is one of the better parts (though I don't get why it has this odd chinguard but not a full visor)

The colors are just stupid and I don't like the soft armor-style...

No more of these "doors" this time. Seriously, it'd be appreciated. (Warning: Bleach needed)

640px-Porta_profile.jpg

Colon doors are best doors.

H4-UNSCMarine-Detail.png

Pretty much a clone pilot 

73246.JPG

• Upvote (+1) 1

So that design not just boring but "stolen" as well :wutface: 

If they want to copy SW they should go for the real deal

hqdefault.jpg

Sabre did what 343 couldn't - adapt to an already amazing art style while adding their own tweaks.

They literally made new types of Jackal breeds in the lore just because the Jackals in Halo 4 were so different. Same for Elites and Grunts. It irritates me jumping from Halo 3 to Halo 4 and seeing the difference in forerunner design. I'm actually worried that when we finally end up on a Halo ring again, it won't resemble anything of Bungie's design.

To my knowledge no explanation was ever given for the Grunts, but the Elites were described as being a different phenotype yeah.

Sometimes I wish they would leave questions about the lore unanswered so that we don't get shitty answers.

Cast List for Hunt The Truth:

#HuntTheTruth Podcast Cast

Petra Janecek, Journalist – Cobie Smulders        

Benjamin Giraud, Journalist – Keegan-Michael Key

Deon Govender, John’s boxing coach – Phil LaMarr

Ellie Bloom, John’s childhood friend – Tara Strong

Thomas Wu, Internment Survivor – Phil LaMarr

Gabriella Dvørak, ONI Vice Admiral – Jennifer Hale

Mshak Moradi, Conspiracy Theorist – Kumail Nanjiani

Anthony Petrosky, ODST – Troy Baker

Michael Sullivan, ONI PR – Jerry Trainor

Jakob Walker, UNSC Marine – Steve Blum

Ray Kurzig, Ben’s Research friend – Phil LaMarr

Franklin Mendez, Senior CPO who trained MC – Stacy Keach

FERO, Rebel Leader - Janina Gavankar

Katrina, Ellie Bloom’s Friend – Laura Bailey

I've thought about how to make AR powerful and difficult on console that's a skill based controllable function but pretty much draw blanks on anyway to incorporate it into Halo. Bloom CAN work but doesn't work in Halo, or arena shooter. My idea comes from some other games I've played with AR's.. have low auto-aim, aim assist but bullet mag is normal. The cross hair should be a regular sized AR cross hair with a small small dot in the middle. If you can keep that dot on the center mass of their body as your firing, all your shots will hit. Your cross hair can be red but the tiny dot in the center isn't directly on the person, your shots are going to deviate throughout the rest of the available space in the cross hair. The issue with this is it generally works in games that have number based heath/damages where you can notice each bullets individual damage.

Republic Commando, which is probably the closest thing to a Halo clone ever created, features a fully automatic utility weapon in the form of the DC17. It has very little bloom/spread (if any) and a fast theoretical TTK, but the average TTK is far longer due to the fact that responsive strafing allows players to dodge the projectiles. I realize that the AR doesn't really produce "projectiles" like guns typically do in the Star Wars universe, but its something to consider.

I looked throughout youtube for some gameplay from decent players, but I honestly can't find any (the game had other balance issues, like skill-less power weapons, which prevented a lasting "competitive following". The closest thing you'd ever find were PC servers that removed a lot of the dumb weapons, just leaving the DC17, Trandoshan SMG, the Pistol, the DC17-Sniper Rifle, the Bowcaster, and the Trandoshan Shotgun. ). A quick look through gameplay videos will show the DC17, but none really did it justice, especially at the levels that I and most other long-time players used to play the game at.

I can only tell you that from my experience this has happened when I was playing a game against a similarly skilled team and I learned it from playing against a much better team. The latter case opened my eyes to how ineffective the rockets were on boardwalk.

The rockets on Boardwalk are extremely out of the way of any other power positions on a map with a lot of verticality, which can counter the effectiveness of rockets regardless of starting weapon. In any case, there aren't many reasons to ever leave a power position as strong as the top of Boardwalk.

The enemy team might not have even known it was there. Sometimes its easy to forget the existence of some power weapons, especially on much larger maps. I remember getting lots of uncontested Sniper Rifles and Splasers on Boneyard BTB just because nobody knew where they were.

EDIT: Found some decent gameplay: