CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Hell yeah yo. Phoenix - Explosive Mode was OD! And I'm not gonna lie, I would be down for a Laptop Gun in Halo haha.

Oh God... Laptop Gun into sentry mode was so frustrating. I loved the Callisto NTG though, that thing was cool.

It also makes me smile a little every time I see @@FarSight XR~20 post on here.

Could we force game chat in breakout? When you die you can't communicate with your team. How do you guys feel about that? It'd be a good addition and force communication.

Always enjoyed playing search in cod4 and going clutch, and hearing your team screaming at you

Nothing stopping people from just going on Skype.

Just downvote the fuck out of him and move on, let's keep the thread on topic.

• Upvote (+1) 3

My guess:

Needler is now a rifle, Full auto unscoped like the classic needler, and needle rifle when scoped.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Guys it has been confirmed.... Josh's favorite weapon... two firing modes......... Oh man...

THE BOLTSHOT.

boltshot.jpg

/j

Press trigger to use like a mauler, hold to charge up shot like in Halo 4?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Could we force game chat in breakout? When you die you can't communicate with your team. How do you guys feel about that? It'd be a good addition and force communication.

Always enjoyed playing search in cod4 and going clutch, and hearing your team screaming at you

If you go back and read the whole thread this was already addressed. 

Long story short you will always have teams that use outside programs to chat. So forcing everyone into game chat puts randoms at a disadvantage over other teams with programs like TeamSpeak, Mumble, and Skype which is now right on your Xbox.

You shouldn't be trying to go in without a team of people anyways and trying to implement features to aid that hurts the people its intended for. 

Not gonna lie. I'm a bit concerned for CTF now :/

Don't mean to be a pessimist, I just hope it's not auto-pickup and you can actually juggle the flag. I mean, i'd be OKAY with flagnum mixed with classic in the sense that you can have a pistol out but can drop it/juggle it. 

Would prefer just classic CTF. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

My guess:

Needler is now a rifle, Full auto unscoped like the classic needler, and needle rifle when scoped.

Nah, Needler is a shotgun -- standard full auto tracking when fired, but melee with it discharges all the needles in the clip in a uniform cone.

I swear to God if the gun Josh Holmes was teasing is the Grenade Launcher... HYPE

If I know one thing about this universe it's that Josh Holmes' favorite weapon in Halo is NOT the grenade launcher.

Or...left trigger SPNKR fires both rockets at once. :wutface:

That's far more likely considering how useless that would be.

• Upvote (+1) 2

@Sal1ent, I personally loved Ricochet when it debuted. It brought me back to peak levels of playtime in Halo 4. Any chance we'll see a return in Halo 5?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

So a weapon in Halo 5 Guardians has 2 fire mode other than the light rifle.

Anyone have speculation as to what it is?

So a weapon in Halo 5 Guardians has 2 fire mode other than the light rifle.

Anyone have speculation as to what it is?

Boltshot?

• Upvote (+1) 2

If I know one thing about this universe it's that Josh Holmes' favorite weapon in Halo is NOT the grenade launcher.

but can you PROVE that

So needle rifle return, that'd be pretty cool

Because we need another utility rifle.

• Upvote (+1) 6

@Sal1ent, I personally loved Ricochet when it debuted. It brought me back to peak levels of playtime in Halo 4. Any chance we'll see a return in Halo 5?

Shill detected  :kappa: didn't even take the bb codes out, straight ctrl + c   :kappa:

9TaqbV2.png

• Upvote (+1) 3

but can you PROVE that

Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

Something like this maybe :kappa:

Seriously, this game had some of the most awesome weapons I've ever seen in a video game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What if it was some sort of crazy shield-stripping gun that fired fast, but with a charge shot that had a tracking EMP effect?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

Something like this maybe :kappa:

Seriously, this game had some of the most awesome weapons I've ever seen in a video game.

Turok was the goat