CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

No, but the far majority of the population throughout EVERY Halo game has preferred to have a viable utility weapon. CE with the pistol, 2&3 with the BR, Reach with the DMR, and H4 with both.

You're never going to get a population that is 100% in favor of a starting weapon. Unless they buff the pistol, this game will suck if they do not give us a utility weapon off spawn. Have we not all played at a high enough level to realize games with AR starts are pretty much over after the initial push?

Like that other poster said, a viable ranking system prevents this. Those that want AR starts will stay in the lower ranking tier where they belong. If they want to move up, press Y and use the BR.

They've buffed the pistol to where it's beating the BR, in 343 pro team tests.

Pistol is too high on the screen in aim-down-magic-scope mode. Hands block too much of screen.

We've only shown Arena so far. It's a major focus for the MP experience in H5 but we still have big things to show. Stay tuned...

@Salient

Will equal starts, no loadouts & no ordinance apply to the entire multiplayer experience as a whole or will it be limited to an "Arena" portion of playlists?

Is it safe to say that loadouts, perks & ordinance are completely gone from matchmaking?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think what everyone's trying to tell you Josh is that terrain editing in forge is the key to our hearts ;P

Thanks for all the communication. You have no idea how much it means.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lol are we seriously discussing AR starts vs Utility rifle starts now?

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Could we force game chat in breakout? When you die you can't communicate with your team. How do you guys feel about that? It'd be a good addition and force communication.

Always enjoyed playing search in cod4 and going clutch, and hearing your team screaming at you

Could we force game chat in breakout? When you die you can't communicate with your team. How do you guys feel about that? It'd be a good addition and force communication.

Always enjoyed playing search in cod4 and going clutch, and hearing your team screaming at you

I honestly wish they would enforce this for all of matchmaking (at least ranked playlists). Yes, I have friends to play with, but I also play alone every once in a while. It would be nice if it were like the good ol' H2 days where you could talk to your teammates and/or hear someone after they die going "God fucking da--!".

The smallest things we took for granted back then had such an... immersive  :holmes: .. effect on the player. And that's in all seriousness.

Unable to watch the video and haven't been to the countdown site, so can't see for myself, is this hunt the signal site legit?

Yes it is. Counts down to Wednesday.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The Perfect Dark fan in me is glad there is a weapon with a secondary fire mode.

Pro pipe lover in me is hopeful that's what the weapon is.

EDIT: "pro pipe lover" sounds a bit weird... whatever... 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Are Skulls in Halo 5? If so, do you have to find them, or are they unlocked from the start?

they'll be in there. Whether or not we have to find them is unknown

The Perfect Dark fan in me is glad there is a weapon with a secondary fire mode.

Hell yeah yo. Phoenix - Explosive Mode was OD! And I'm not gonna lie, I would be down for a Laptop Gun in Halo haha.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hell yeah yo. Phoenix - Explosive Mode was OD! And I'm not gonna lie, I would be down for a Laptop Gun in Halo haha.

Halo 5 Superdragon confirmed?

Wait. Wait. WAIT.

Two modes of fire? Interesting

I'm thinking it's another Promethean weapon like the Lightrifle (which has 2 modes of fire).

Wait, I thought the new update added gamechat? Well shit.

Edit: Ohhhhh I confused it with MCC, my bad.

I guess you could always use Party Chat if you're with friends, but I'd love to have gamechat as well.

It looks amazing, wallpaper worthy.

Only nitpicking thing I have is that blue team and red team should have their own separate quote/sentence/statement above them.

Blue_Team.png

Red_Team.png

Halo Latinoamerica got you man!

That's awesome, do you have a larger version? 

Edit: Nevermind, you do :)

https://scontent-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/t31.0-8/10494898_898622030202596_9605947484807515_o.jpg

Yeah, you just click the pic and it enlarges it  :D

@Salient

Will equal starts, no loadouts & no ordinance apply to the entire multiplayer experience as a whole or will it be limited to an "Arena" portion of playlists?

Is it safe to say that loadouts, perks & ordinance are completely gone from matchmaking?

Quinn said on twitter that they're not planning on adding loadouts in the future.

Some of you do so much advertising for 343 you should be getting paid.

Just don't get it.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 13

Just don't get it.

Advertising? Ever heard of Comic Con? Hobbies? You now, a pretty profound interest about something?

Just don't get it.

Ive never seen ignorance this clear

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1